PDA

View Full Version : AR open question

monty3777
09-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I looked through the sticky but don't have a lot of time to read through 170 + posts this morning:icon_blush:

I wonder if I can bother you all to help me figure out how to deal with all the stuff we can order for the comp, like ice. Does a person need to get this stuff from them in advance, or can we get ice when we are there - as we need it? Is there anything else that I should be thinking about getting in advance from the AR folks?

KC_Bobby
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Ice - you can pre-order or just wave down a gator when they drive by and pay for it. When you check in, your goodie bag will have a nice handy sheet with phone numbers to call when you need something - ice, water, security, beer, meat inspection, trash removal - about everything except a good night kiss hotline (just wander over to the dark side if you need one - I'm sure even you can find some takers).

If you have an RV, come with the tank filled - getting that refilled and draining gray water are a bigger issue - if possible at all (may depend on your exact site and who you find willing to help you)

I would make sure you have your electrical needs in order (add-on form is due tomorrow 9/3). For each cord you run from an AR outlet, you will need an AR tag on it. If they find one going to a site that has not been tagged and you don't have a tag for it, they will DQ you and ask you to leave.

monty3777
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
So I better get on the electricity!

This Is How We Que It
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Are they hurting for teams this year? I seen they extended the on-line app until Sept 3rd.

RobKC
09-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Make sure you order at least one bag of Kingsford to qualify for the double prize money.

KC_Bobby
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't think Kingsford is doubling the payout this year, but it is a Kingsford event and the team with the most points that signed up for it, will receive some payout.

I think - I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so it's more than just a little bit possible that I'm wrong here.

Smokin' Bad Habit
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM
kingsford is not doubling the pay out in the open, only the invitational, and the add on ap is for just that ad ons... not entry

BBQ_Mayor
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
As soon as you get there, call for ice, water and whatever else you need. It may get there by the time you need it. I'm just saying it was a little slow. :rolleyes: