PDA

View Full Version : Art's - Farmersville IL

ScreamingChicken
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Has anyone been to Art's (http://www.artsbbqrestaurant.com/index.html) in Farmersville, Illinois since it reopened earlier this year? I'm hoping that I'll be able to stop in sometime over the Thanksgiving holiday this year.

Thanks!

Brad

Ron_L
08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
I didn't know that they had reopened! Sounds like a road trip is in order :-D

ScreamingChicken
08-31-2010, 03:54 PM
A couple of years ago I was doing some websearches to learn about Art's and apparently his original recipe for "barbecue" called for the butt to be boiled and then served with a sauce that was mostly ketchup...:shocked:

This is the first time it's been an actual 'cue joint, though, and I wish them well.

Brad

rweller
08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
A couple of years ago I was doing some websearches to learn about Art's and apparently his original recipe for "barbecue" called for the butt to be boiled and then served with a sauce that was mostly ketchup...:shocked:

This is the first time it's been an actual 'cue joint, though, and I wish them well.

Brad

I guess thats why I never knew they served BBQ. I live within 10 mile of the place for over 20 years.

LTG
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Were they a BBQ place before? Ate there a couple of times 2-3 years ago when it was a regular restauraunt, nothing remarkable about it at all.

ScreamingChicken
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
From what I can tell, no. I think it was always just a restaurant and the recipe I found is in a book called "The Route 66 Cookbook: Comfort Food from the Mother Road" published in 2003, but Art sold the business in 1978.

Brad