PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Tulsa

cookswithfire
08-16-2004, 07:38 PM
newbie from Tulsa Oklahoma I am a homebrewer and love smoked porters I thought the bandera would do a great job smoking malt for my next batch.I found this website after buying a bandera 3 weeks ago. I downloaded101 and have been modifing ever since. It has been a wealth of information. I smoked a chamber full of meat and it turned out great using the 3,2,1 method.except for the beef ribs wihch i had in a cool corner of the smoker. I took those to work and we ate them after they spent a couple hours in a oven. I test asphalt at work so we have plenty of ovens. I am trying to get one of our welders at work to make me a basket (big al style). I dont bottle beer.. so dont ask :twisted: I have it in five gallon kegs ... but I dont think the schaefer drinkers will care for it :D

Keep on smoking!
Cookswithfire

BrooklynQ
08-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of great info and folks here.

[quote="cookswithfire"]I have it in five gallon kegs ... but I dont think the schaefer drinkers will care for it :D /quote]

As for your beer, how about the Bass drinkers?

Jorge
08-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I dont bottle beer.. so dont ask :twisted: I have it in five gallon kegs ... but I dont think the schaefer drinkers will care for it :D

Keep on smoking!
Cookswithfire

Second post and it's clear that you get what this place is all about and will fit in just fine. Good to have you here.

Bill-Chicago
08-16-2004, 08:16 PM
welcome CWF

Glad you like the site!!

parrothead
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
I have it in five gallon kegs

kornelious keg mod. Welcome from an ex brewer to another.

kcquer
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
CWF, Welcome Brother. Great avatar! If ya got questions don't hesitate to ask.

racer_81
08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
welcome - beer and bbq - ain't life great?

icemn62
08-16-2004, 10:42 PM
I dont bottle beer.. so dont ask :twisted: I have it in five gallon kegs ... but I dont think the schaefer drinkers will care for it :D

Welcome, and if you beer is liquid, then I seems OK to me. As someone else stated, BBQ & Beer Life is great. If you have any questions about those ribs these guys can help you turn out winners.

racer_81
08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of great info and folks here.

[quote=cookswithfire]I have it in five gallon kegs ... but I dont think the schaefer drinkers will care for it :D /quote]

As for your beer, how about the Bass drinkers?

Ah....Bass ale....british ale with some brown sugar and/or molasses........

Unless you're talking about drinking out of Akroyd's BassOMatic.....

Bigmista
08-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Welcome CWF!

Seems like you will fit in around here. And you won't even deplete our beer supply!

Glad to have you. Don't be a stranger. Or at least don't be stranger than the nuts we already have.

Mista

Neil
08-17-2004, 03:04 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

Trout_man22
08-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Welcome our new brother

MikeG
08-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Welcome CWF,
Hope you enjoy the family. Jump in
and be a part of the rumble.
glad to have you with us.
Mikeg

jt
08-17-2004, 07:46 AM
Glad to have you, CWF. And a keg will be no problem whatsoever!

Solidkick
08-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Glad to have you, CWF. And a keg will be no problem whatsoever!

Hey JT, did I tell you that your pastor joined the board last week? :mrgreen:

Welcome Brother CWF! A good bunch of guys here!

jt
08-17-2004, 08:00 AM
:shock:

He and I had a discussion before I joined the church. I told him I had a beer or 2 now and again. He replied that he didn't think that the word 'wine' was used figuratively in the Bible.

BigBelly
08-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Welcome aboard.

I sure would be intrested in hearing your recipe for smoking malts n such for the brew making. I would love to brew my own stash. Any suggestions, websites for the newbie wannabe brewer?

Again, welcome home.

BillyH
08-17-2004, 07:54 PM
cookswithfire...
I get up Tulsa way once in a blue moon. Got a son attending Spartan school of Aviation. Tulsa seems like a nice place from what Ive seen. Except for driving on that darn Memorial blvd...wow..thats some wild traffic there..

cookswithfire
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Except for driving on that darn Memorial blvd

Acording to State Farm insurance Tulsa made the top ten list for worst intersections twice!
51st and 71st on Memorial!

BillyH
08-18-2004, 07:16 AM
talk about weird.. I almost got hit coming out of that Albertsons right there on 51st...and I was in there buying..(you ready for this) Charcoal to grill some steaks at my sons right down the street there... They came out WONDERFUL.......butta......

Stucue74
08-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Glad to have you Cooksw/fire,

You'll get a lot out of this site I'm sure. Not bad for a first time full bandera. First time I tried ribs in the Dera, I did before any mods and made rib jerky.

Arlin_MacRae
08-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Dang, CWF, I missed your original post somehow!!

Welcome!! Wow, how many of us are there in OK then?

Hmm, maybe we should think about starting a chapter. I'll throw out a new topic.