PDA

View Full Version : Fall bash-rollcall

parrothead
08-16-2004, 09:57 AM
We are right at about a month away right now. Time to start getting an official head count.

Sound off if you plan on making it, and an approximate arrival time, and how you are coming.

kcquer
08-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Traveling by car, arrival rather dependent on passengers schedules.

BBQchef33
08-16-2004, 10:37 AM
As of today. I am in, coming Friday morning at 9:10 BUT.. and this should be in discussion and reflection, but i'll 'splain here....

Sharon may be running in the cow harbor marathon that saturday. An with the levels of suppoert that she has givin me with all this competition BBQ stuff, and the tolerence of us and the site and the bash and swtuff along those lines, i'm feelin REAL guilty about not being there for her when she crosses that finish line. This race is really important to her. Last year she didnt run it becase she hurt her back while her and me and the kids were wrestling(They were trying to throw me in the pool). As fate has it, it was the same day as fall bash last year also. She didnt run it and she was really devastated becase of all the training she did. She was upset for weeks after the race and obsessed with the finishers.

I was thinkiing of jumping a flight to midway right after the race, but the next flight out gets me in at 5:40 saturday, which is pretty much waste being by the time a get a car and get to you it'll probably be 8. So at this point, i play it by ear. Either hope she changes her mind about running, or it rains real hard that day and they call off the race. If they call the race that day, i will be in 910 saturday morning. if she dont run, i'm in Friday. If she does run, i am either feelin real guilty while i party withy you guys, or i am at the line when she finishes.

Greg.. move this to D&R if it hijacks your rollcall.

parrothead
08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Anyone flying in needs to fly to Midway airport.

Bill-Chicago
08-16-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm currently in the "maybe" column.

It was a for sure thing early in the summer, but that was before wifey volunteered me to be head coach of the kids soccer team.

Went to the coaches meeting Saturday, and it looks like the only Assistant Coach I had, bailed.

I'll know more in the next week or so when the schedule comes out.

parrothead
08-16-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm currently in the "maybe" column.

Farker!

MikeG
08-16-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking major road trip for me. Try to get there
sometime Friday..leave Sunday mid day. Maybe late
due to kidnapping Bill's ass...if I have too.
I can find your home town but will need directions from
there.
MikeG

Bigdog
08-16-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm coming if I can find a cheap flight either out of Wichita or KC.

Mark
08-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Looks like the St. Charles County MOFO's will all be there (at least all 3 of us that is).

jt
08-16-2004, 03:35 PM
As long as nothing comes up that requires me being home then I plan on driving in on Friday. E, that work for you?

brdbbq
08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Jorge and I where but he wimped out on me.

Jorge
08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Too many balls in the air riht now, unless you can find me a place to live closer to the Houston farkers. (picturing racer and rusold pulling up for sale signs all over the surrounding counties)

parrothead
08-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Looks like the St. Charles County MOFO's will all be there (at least all 3 of us that is).

Does that mean you, shock and Davewey?

kcquer
08-16-2004, 09:32 PM
As long as nothing comes up that requires me being home then I plan on driving in on Friday. E, that work for you?

jt, that will be fine. Only problem I can think of is how to get the Chiefs game on the ride home.

Bigdog, if you're gonna drive to KC there's not much point of flying unless you're really strapped for time. I got 1 seat left, its got your name on it if'n ya want it.

Davewey
08-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Mark, shock Me and just maybe a suprize guest? Still working on the guest.

parrothead
08-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Still working on the guest.

Chesty Morgan?

racer_81
08-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Too many balls in the air riht now, unless you can find me a place to live closer to the Houston farkers. (picturing racer and rusold pulling up for sale signs all over the surrounding counties)

You moving to Houston area? what side of town?

Mark
08-17-2004, 07:48 AM

Does that mean you, shock and Davewey?

Yes; as last left it, Shock mentioned a fourth.

BTW: PM me about some pear wood if you'r still interested. I would also like to discuss what kind of stuff from my garden might be of use for the bash. (peppers, tomatoes, salsa, etc.). I take it I can still call you on your cell?

Mark
08-17-2004, 07:51 AM

Jorge:

I strongly urge you to take your balls of of the air before you get arrested for indecent exposure.

brdbbq
08-17-2004, 08:14 AM

Jorge:

I strongly urge you to take your balls of of the air before you get arrested for indecent exposure.

Have to be see them first.

Mark
08-17-2004, 08:49 AM

Jorge:

Have to be see them first.

PS: IF Brian is right and you can't see your balls, I strongly urge to to seek advice in the Atkins forum as well.

Bill-Chicago
08-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Just got my coaching schedule.

I'm in, I think.

Dibs on the spare bedroom.

Mark
08-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Good. We were about to reassign you to the wuss category.

jminion
08-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Greg- what are the particular on this little party, I would like to see if it fits within the schedule.

Bigdog
08-17-2004, 10:58 AM

jt, that will be fine. Only problem I can think of is how to get the Chiefs game on the ride home.

Bigdog, if you're gonna drive to KC there's not much point of flying unless you're really strapped for time. I got 1 seat left, its got your name on it if'n ya want it.

KC,
What does your time schedule look like?

Bill-Chicago
08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Greg- what are the particular on this little party, I would like to see if it fits within the schedule.

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1353

Sept 17, 18, 19

jminion
08-17-2004, 12:02 PM
I can get round trip tickets for $177 plus a car rental, where I'm I headed from there?

Bill-Chicago
08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
I can get round trip tickets for $177 plus a car rental, where I'm I headed from there?

Morris IL

Don't have the exact info myself.

Bought an hour southwest of Midway Airport just off I55

jt
08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I found it in Files-misc files-Directions to Parrotheads. They were for the Seafood fest or something.

Mark
08-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Land at Midway; NOT O'Hare. Greg lives about 45 minutes SW I think. Probably no need for car rental based upon prevouus thread. I suggest you might want to review it.

tommykendall
08-17-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm highly doubtful with all the move BS going on, but still hopeful.

parrothead
08-17-2004, 04:10 PM

Actual dates are Sep. 17th, 18th, and 19th. Show up when ya want and leave when ya want. If it is more convenient for anybody to show up on Thursday night or leave on Monday, that is fine also.

Things to bring? Besides your personal stuff, some bedding and of course an appetite.

parrothead
08-17-2004, 04:12 PM
No need for the car rental. And definately fly into Midway.

nthole
08-17-2004, 04:36 PM
As of right now I'm expecting to be there. Something is brewing that could come up, but I'm going to do my best.

Driving, arriving Friday sometime.

2Fat
08-17-2004, 05:02 PM
still planning on driving --riding--leaving here Friday afternoon---may change iffen the new house needs steps and a deck built that weekend--but the plan is to drink someones else's whiskey for a change<LOL>

Bill-Chicago
08-17-2004, 06:18 PM
still planning on driving --riding--leaving here Friday afternoon---may change iffen the new house needs steps and a deck built that weekend--but the plan is to drink someones else's whiskey for a change<LOL>

Thats good, cuz I'm bringing a quart of shine, so Greg, get out the tablespoons!!

DingleBerry
08-18-2004, 07:52 AM
This sounds like it might be fun.

brdbbq
08-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Illinois will never be the same.

MikeG
08-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Bill's bringin' shine, I got pickled pigs feet, rice cakes
(cinnamon flav) and goo goo clusters.
This thing is really coming together ain't it.
Mikeg

jt
08-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Mmmmm.....shine, pigs feet, goo goo clusters and....ice cream. Bringin' the freezer. Not sure what flavors yet....

tommykendall
08-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Mmmmm.....shine, pigs feet, goo goo clusters and....ice cream. Bringin' the freezer. Not sure what flavors yet....

Sounding like a real Q Bash to me. :roll: I'm still looking at my schedule.

Bigdog
08-26-2004, 02:19 PM
The Bigdog will be there. I just got my approval from work to take an extra day off (Friday). I will be driving up with a couple of MOFO's (kcquer and jt) arriving sometime Friday evening. See y'all there. :D

brucesieg
08-26-2004, 10:15 PM
greg i think if things go well i will be attendinding my second bash. i saw phil today and told him the grand poobah has to accomany me on the flight to chicago since i'm a little nervous on planes and need him to hold my hand. looking foward. what time should i arrive to make it easier for you??????

Neil
08-27-2004, 03:10 AM
I'm planning on driving in Friday after work. Only about 120 miles so it should take anywhere from 1 1/2 - 5 hours depending on traffic. Love that I80/I94/I294 junction! I won't be spending the night though. I need to be in East Lansing Saturday morning for the ND vs. msu game. If it's okay, I'd like to bring a non-member friend along to experience the group and make sure I stay awake on the ride home. He is very passionate about good Q.

Bigdog
08-27-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm planning on driving in Friday after work. Only about 120 miles so it should take anywhere from 1 1/2 - 5 hours depending on traffic. Love that I80/I94/I294 junction! I won't be spending the night though. I need to be in East Lansing Saturday morning for the ND vs. msu game. If it's okay, I'd like to bring a non-member friend along to experience the group and make sure I stay awake on the ride home. He is very passionate about good Q.

Neil, are you bringing the hat? :twisted:

jeffsasmokin
09-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Parrothead,

Sounds like a blast, found the dates - But, where the Heck is it? LOL! Being a Buffett fan, I was curious if you live in South Florida like myself?

I'm fairly new to the Brotherhood, but have been a Que'r for years. and throw 4 big bashes a year - Hurricanes not withstanding!!! Frances just ruined our Labor Day Bash, not to mention my screened porch and tropicals!

Jeff

parrothead
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Northern Illinois. Come on up and get the fark out of the way of Ivan.

Neil
09-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Change of plans due to the stones. Plan on arriving late morning/early afternoon with my wife on Saturday. We'll be heading back Saturday evening.

parrothead
09-15-2004, 10:19 AM
We will be watching for you.

brdbbq
09-15-2004, 10:39 AM
We will be watching for you.+

As in Keeping A Eye out for him ?

parrothead
09-15-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am having a fit waiting for Friday to arrive. Just got back from Sam's with a ton of stuff. Nobody indicated what they want to drink, so I just bought 4 bottles of cabo and a couple of bottles of rum. I have a little bit of everything else, and what I don't have we can run for on Saturday.

Poured a slab for the Klose (finally) on Monday. It will find it's resting spot on Friday morning.

I bought some brisket flats, I have a mess of ribs, 4-2 pound fatties, scallops and bacon, lots of cheese and cracker type stuff, chicken wings, brats, catfish filets, plenty of breakfast stuff, (eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, etc.), enough for a good start. We can figure out what we are missing and do a grocery run on Sat. morning. I am not a jap turd kind of guy, so I did not prepare for those. That stuff can be a start for the list on Saturday.

You farkers better show up! LOL I know you will. Phil will not make it in until Saturday evening. Bill, due to personal stuff may not make it, but I am hoping for his sake that he can pull away for a few hours on Saturday. If not, our thoughts will be with him and his. Neil from Michigan and his wifey-poo will make it down for awhile on Saturday afternoon. I have a few good friends showing up on Saturday evening to help eat the grub.

Mista, you farker, oh well, duty calls. Wish you were gonna be here.

I can't wait to finally meet the rest of you face to face. The ones that will be ther anyway. Kick, I really wish you were coming also. Next time.

brdbbq
09-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a great time. You sitting up a web cam ? We could have a virtual Bash ? Providing SP2 for XP didn't hose my system this morning.

Bigdog
09-16-2004, 08:33 AM
I like japs, so grabbbed a bag of 2 dz. large ones this morning. Need some bacon, cheeze and etc. for filling.

Bigdog
09-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Greg,
Got some beer on ice too? My favorite northern beer is Huber, from Monroe Wis. Ever heard of it? Good cheap beer!

Jorge
09-16-2004, 08:40 AM
[JELOUSY MOD]

jt
09-16-2004, 09:32 AM
[JELOUSY MOD]

Last minute plane ride?

Greg might have some trees to cut down :twisted:

Jorge
09-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I wish, and gave it a lot of thought about a week or two ago. Just can't make it happen. I think Greg can come up with safer entertainment for you farkers anyway. Anybody taking a webcam? Had a blast checking in on the last bash.

parrothead
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Phil is bringing one but he won't be showing up until Sat. afternoon/evening. I think someone else will bring one also.

Bigdog
09-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Don't you mean a "moon" cam? :twisted:

Davewey
09-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Ok I got the Ravioli, Iím more of a Beer Man myself Iíll be bringing up some Schlafly (how you spell beer in my neck of the woods) A shot or two of cabo sounds good to.

Bill-Chicago
09-16-2004, 12:33 PM
A shot or two of cabo sounds good to.

better bring shot glasses.

they were bottle swigging at Phils.

not my cup of tea. If I want some of Harry's spit, I'll ask him personally

brdbbq
09-16-2004, 12:35 PM
If I want some of Harry's spit

Or my Denture Cream....

jt
09-16-2004, 12:49 PM
You gonna make it Brian?

brdbbq
09-16-2004, 01:11 PM
You gonna make it Brian?

Wish I could I would have already left.

jt
09-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Ok, I'm off to go start packing. Bigdog will stop at my place tonight and then we'll be on our way in the morning. See you guys (but not my butt) on the webcam! LOL

parrothead
09-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Ok, I'm off to go start packing. Bigdog will stop at my place tonight and then we'll be on our way in the morning. See you guys (but not my butt) on the webcam! LOL

Give me a buzz in the A.M. so I have an idea of your arrival.

815 482-1317

Davewey
09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Iíve got 20Lb or so of Cherry in Wheels does anyone want it. Let me know and Iíll through it in the truck. Also Greg can you send me your address so I can map quest it.

Bill-Chicago
09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Greg will take the wheels and directions in file section

parrothead
09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
6210 N Prairie Dr
Morris IL

Davewey
09-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry, short of going north on 55 they donít make sense to me We'll just head up 55 and call at some point

cabo
09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
If I want some of Harry's spit, I'll ask him personally

You askin' or just wishin'?? :twisted:

Solidkick
09-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Just don't forget the web cam!! Please post here how it will be uploaded. I don't want to miss Bill's soccer lesson after about 3 shots of shine! ;)

JT, back away from the clear liquid, it ain't water!

parrothead
09-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Davewey. Download directions to parrotheads from the Misc. files.

2Fat
09-16-2004, 08:05 PM
well guys as house was set on the foundation this week---I'm sitting getting toasty looking at material estimates for the deck----$4300bucks----ouch--------------------but wife has volunteereed to babysit grandaughter Sat and reminded me that I wanted to get away(again) this weekend--soooooo am thinking about tripping down sat morn---and heading north again Sun to take wife MC riding!

will decide for sure 'morrow nite at the tavern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see ya maybe

parrothead
09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Hope so. Sorry I missed ya Sat. in Peorea. I was cooking up a storm for the restaurant.

parrothead
09-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Got back a little bit ago from the tavern. We had the cheese lady come in tonight. I bought a ****load of stuff for the weekend. Garkic cheese, habenero cheese, farmer's cheese, apple jack cheese, x-sharp cheddar, bacon cheddar, hickory smoked summer sausage, braunswager, hot beef sticks (those are incredible).

I am getting anxious. Don't even know most of you guys's arrival times.

See ya all this weekend.

jt
09-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Bring the cherry wheels - I'll take 'em off your hands. That's one I haven't had a chance to try.

See you tomorrow!

shock
09-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Change of plans due to the stones. Plan on arriving late morning/early afternoon with my wife on Saturday. We'll be heading back Saturday evening.

BRING THE HAT!!!!!!

shock
09-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a great time. You sitting up a web cam ? We could have a virtual Bash ? Providing SP2 for XP didn't hose my system this morning.

I just bought a web cam for Parrothead. We will be live!! ..... shock muttering to self - now where is the phone number for that 18 year old Mexican hinas....

shock
09-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Greg,
Got some beer on ice too? My favorite northern beer is Huber, from Monroe Wis. Ever heard of it? Good cheap beer!

DAMN!! I still have cases of Hueber Bock!! I used to buy it so I could reuse the bottles for home brew! Heuber is some damn good cheap beer!!

Parrothead - have you seen Heuber Bock up there?

shock
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
A shot or two of cabo sounds good to.

better bring shot glasses.

they were bottle swigging at Phils.

not my cup of tea. If I want some of Harry's spit, I'll ask him personally

Hmmmm. Hairy spit - something about that just aint right...

Anyway, the MoFo's are bringing 3 cases of Schlafley's - a local St. Louis beer. Real good.... Now about that shine.......................................

shock
09-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Sorry, short of going north on 55 they donít make sense to me We'll just head up 55 and call at some point

PUSSY!!!!!!! We DON'T NEED NO STINKING MAP!!!!!

Directions: Drive north, turn left - drive past the goose **** lake and pull into the dirveway...

I AM SO STOKED ABOUT THIS BASH!!!!!!

Bill-Chicago
09-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Have fun brothers.

I spoke to Greg last night.

He knows I'll pop in if at all possible.

Full plate mod, in spades.

Have a great weekend.

brucesieg
09-17-2004, 12:50 PM
looks like im in

brucesieg
09-17-2004, 03:07 PM
keep us updated whats on the menu, makes the plane ride alot quicjker

Solidkick
09-17-2004, 03:45 PM
I AM SO STOKED ABOUT THIS BASH!!!!!!

Five posts in arow, I'd say you're STOKED! Thanks for picking up the webcam, I do appreciate it, as I'm sure other brothers will too.

brdbbq
09-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Just don't forget to turn the farker on and lets know how to get to it.

kcquer
09-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Just don't forget to turn the farker on and lets know how to get to it.

Gotta do the yahoo mod.

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2004, 02:51 PM
As of right now I'm expecting to be there. Something is brewing that could come up, but I'm going to do my best.

Driving, arriving Friday sometime.

Was this guy there?

I got there at 4pm, so he may have been already sleeping.

parrothead
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
He might have been in the yellow room.

He never made it. Wussy little kid mod. I think I saw him online a day or two after.

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I think I saw him online a day or two after.

you mean yesterday

parrothead
09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Or the day before.

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Or the day before.

Its like a time warp.

Seems like weeks ago for me, but it was 3 days ago.

parrothead
09-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Let's do the time warp again.

Bill-Chicago
09-23-2004, 11:51 AM

You just start with your left....

parrothead
09-23-2004, 12:02 PM
It's just a jump to the left........

And then a step to the ri-i-i-i-ight....

Put your hands on your hips......

And pull your knees in ti-i-ight.

And do the pelvic thrust, it really drives you insa-a-a-a-ane....

Bill-Chicago
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
whatever.

I don't like Tim Curry

parrothead
09-23-2004, 12:10 PM
He is kind of freaky, isn't he?

tommykendall
09-23-2004, 10:42 PM
lets go up to the lab and see what's on the... (insert Q term here to be on topic)

parrothead
09-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Slab of ribs?

tommykendall
09-23-2004, 11:02 PM
2 too many words

racer_81
09-27-2004, 01:06 AM
lets go up to the lab and see what's on the... (insert Q term here to be on topic)

meatloaf again?

kcquer
09-27-2004, 05:54 AM
meatloaf again?

Transvestites, start your engines!