PDA

View Full Version : 1st Pro contest, Hudson Valley Ribfest

wickedbbq'r
08-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I cooked in my first backyard contest last year and I was hooked. This year I decided to jump into the deep end of the pool @ Ribfest. The heavy rains could not wash away the great memories and time that was had at this event. I truely enjoyed meeting all the great brethren at this event. I was definately feeling like the small fish in a big pond when we first got there. But thanks to Mister Bob, Big Barry, and Grand Poobah, I truley felt welcomed and a part of something great. A big THANK YOU! goes out to Mister Bob for your help this weekend. And Congrats! on your walks . Even though our overall score wasn't that terrific, to walk with a 10th place chicken in that field was awsome. I can't wait to our next contest in Norwalk in a couple weeks. For those that are thinking about competeing, just do it! You won't regret it. Thanks for reading. :-D

Mister Bob
08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks, and congratulations on your chicken walk! It was a pleasure meeting you and your team. I'm always happy to help out good guys and fellow Brethren. I'm glad your first time in the deep end was fun and successful! I'm sure we'll meet again on the competition trail.

Good luck in Norwalk! Bob's Hogs can't make it because we've got a pig roast for a group of RVers that weekend. Our next competition is The Harvard Fall Festival in Harvard, MA on Sept. 18 & 19. If you're up for a drive, you are more than welcome to visit us.

CBQ
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Our Brethren poster wasn't up in Hudson Valley as we had to use it to swat flies (just kidding Phil :icon_blush:), but drop by and say hello in Norwalk.

rxcellentq
08-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Ribfest was my first compatition too, i only grilled on Saturday because I have an electric smoker up till now. i'm on the hunt for charcoal now. Like JC I'm hooked. Can't claim as good a result 14th pizza was my best showing

wickedbbq'r
08-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Our Brethren poster wasn't up in Hudson Valley as we had to use it to swat flies (just kidding Phil :icon_blush:), but drop by and say hello in Norwalk.

Thanks! I definately will. We are going to set up Sat. morning, but will try and make it to the team party fri. night.