PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: North Georgia BBQ Brethren

gmusick
08-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I am looking to start a very competitive BBQ cooking team and would like to find some interested cooks in, and around the the North Atlanta/North Georgia area. I am a relative novice at contests, and am learning every time I go out to cook, but, to-date, I have been relatively successful. Here is a bit of a bio on my competition history.

2005 - Cooked at the Whistle Stop, Huntsville AL, Backyard (Cooked Ribs - No Call)
2009 - Cooked at the Pigs and Peaches, Kennesaw GA, Pro division, finishing 12th in Pulled Pork (Cooked Pulled Pork - No Call)
2010 - Cooked at Grillin' in the Village, Stone Mountain GA, Backyard (Cooked Ribs - 1st Ribs)
2010 - Cooked in Elks Club Cookoff, Huntsville AL (Cooked Ribs and Chicken - 2nd Ribs)
2010 - Cooked at GON BBQ Blast, Macon GA (Cooked Pulled Pork and Pork Loin - 3rd Pulled Pork)
2010 - Cooked at Jekyll Island Beach Music and BBQ Bash. Jekyll Island GA (Cooked Pulled Pork and Chicken - 5th Pulled Pork and 2nd Chicken)

The last 2 contests I cooked have been GBA events and I would like to compete in more of their events, but am open to cooking wherever. I would like to find 4 to 5 other people who have an interest in joining up with my wife and I, who would be interested in trying to make a serious run at winning some trophies, share and collaborate on cooking methods/styles and work on recipes. I would like to possibly cook anywhere from 8-10 times next season. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message here and we can start having some conversations.

Thanks!!
Glen in Suwanee

gmusick
08-23-2010, 09:43 PM
We've got 1 interested... others?