PDA

View Full Version : Menomonee Falls, WI 9/17-9/18

Scottie
08-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Has anyone made contact with Toni from the Chamber? I've sent 3 or 4 emails and haven't heard back from her. Honestly, I don't want to send $200 for a contest that pays $500 for a GC and $400 for a category win without some questions answered.

where is Billy when we need him.. I know he was an insider for this... Then again... I might have answered my own question... :icon_shy

Trainwreck
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Has anyone made contact with Toni from the Chamber? I've sent 3 or 4 emails and haven't heard back from her. Honestly, I don't want to send $200 for a contest that pays $500 for a GC and $400 for a category win without some questions answered.

where is Billy when we need him.. I know he was an insider for this... Then again... I might have answered my own question... :icon_shy

Scottie I was talking with her and all of a sudden all lines of communication shut down. Not to sure what is going on. I will try and give her a call again in the next couple of days.

Scottie
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
It's the latter that scares me and at this point, I'd rather not send them my cash. At least we all knew where Jenny stood. Looks like I'll be taking that weekend off.

Man, what is up with WI contests?

bob80001
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I was in contact with her via email a little over week ago. She was pretty quick getting back to me - a day or so. Weird.

FatBoyz
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
I know the contest is on thay are moving back to the lower field. i think it will be good. just not worth 25 grand. as of last i heard thay have 15 teams.i dont think thay will have the same crowd arounf the BBQers because most of the stuff is downtown.

Scottie
08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I know the contest is on thay are moving back to the lower field. i think it will be good. just not worth 25 grand. as of last i heard thay have 15 teams.i dont think thay will have the same crowd arounf the BBQers because most of the stuff is downtown.

Can anyone decipher? :becky:

Hopefully we'll see you there Billy...

ModelMaker
08-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Scottie, I'll try as I speak "fatboy"
"I know the contest is on thay are moving back to the lower field"..
The contest is still a go, apparently something happed at its original location and has been moved nearby, perhaps the back 40.

"i think it will be good"..
Chances are it won't suck as bad as your thinking it will.

"just not worth 25 grand"...
Yes the payouts are still miniscule.

"as of last i heard thay have 15 teams"...
Still will not be a qualifer.

"i dont think thay will have the same crowd arounf the BBQers because most of the stuff is downtown"...
They didn't tell the drunks and knotheads from last year where they moved it to.

Glad I could be of help.
Ed

Peteg
08-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Now that's funny. good work.

bob80001
08-20-2010, 11:16 AM
It is my understanding that the BBQ location will be at the practice fields at the Middle School.

mremus
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
That's what I had heard too. Originally, according the local paper, they were planning on having the contest on Main Street between Appleton Ave and Pilgrim Rd along with their planned art fair. However, that is a state highway (Hwy 74) and the state wouldn't approve the closure of the street for the weekend. So they ended up going back to where they were for the last contest in 2008 and leaving the air fair down on Main Street.

Scottie
08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Talked with Toni today. She has 25 registered and paid for.

going to touch base with her next week for some stuff she wanted help with.

bob80001
08-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Talked with Toni today. She has 25 registered and paid for.

going to touch base with her next week for some stuff she wanted help with.

Great news!