PDA

View Full Version : American Girls, Natural History and a little RUB

MilitantSquatter
08-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Well not exactly what you may be thinking ...

My wife, daughter and I were took the LIRR into Manhattan to take Alexa to the American Girl doll store (willkat warned me about this place !!!!) in midtown on 5th Ave & 49th.. Then we headed up to the American Museum of Natural History on 79th and Central Park West (had not been there in years..Alexa loved seeing the dinosaurs and everything else).

Finished off back downtown to RUB BBQ on 23rd st for an early dinner.

I was told by our server that I just missed Matt (backyardchef) by less then five minutes :doh:

We had the brisket and house-made BBQ sausage platter along with a half rack of babybacks. RUB is top notch IMO and the quality is always consistent. Meats were a bit drier than usual likely from the odd time we showed up and likely spent time in the warming box. Still everything was very flavorful and enjoyed the meal as always.

Gore
08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Beautiful photo Vinny!

Bill-Chicago
08-16-2010, 11:05 AM
But did you have tea at the American Girl store?

Sounds like a nice day.

bbqbull
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Love that photo Vinny!
Glad you enjoyed there food, if and when I ever get to NYC I will definately try and get there.

MilitantSquatter
08-16-2010, 06:19 PM
But did you have tea at the American Girl store?

We had lunch at their cafe... $70 later w/tax & tip. :shocked:

She loved every minute of it.

Sounds like a nice day.

She loved every minute of it.

Love that photo Vinny!
Glad you enjoyed there food, if and when I ever get to NYC I will definately try and get there.

The American Girl doll store or the museum ? :wink:

Frank Sacco
08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
You're the best day trip planner NY has to offer.

I'm heading in with the family on the 27th. Dinner reservations for 8 and getting the AG Dolls ears pierced and hair done/"did". Yes folks I know, I'd rather set fire to $20 bills. However to see the smile on my girls face is what makes this trip worth it.

Frank Sacco
08-16-2010, 07:43 PM

What did you have to eat? I enjoy the chicken dish they serve... It's DYNOMITE:thumb:

MilitantSquatter
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
You mean I have to go back there ??? :shocked: I was hoping this was a one and out deal, but it seems like you're a regular.

Alexa got her doll's hair done too.. Luckily I was able to get through that for only $10 as I talked her into the cheaper ponytail. I had some chicken sandwich with fress mozz & basil. Filled up on all the fruits and veggies they gave as a starter.

Have a great time Frank.

Quite a few hot mom's walking around that store too :wink:

Frank Sacco
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Come on Vin... I have two girls who's birthday are 6 mo apart. I'm a twice a year guy :-D

Yakfishingfool
08-18-2010, 10:25 PM
6 mos apart.....that was a long freaking labor or one was early!

Frank Sacco
08-18-2010, 10:57 PM

SERIOUSLY!!:becky:

Bill-Chicago
08-19-2010, 10:03 AM

He never mentioned that they have the same mom.

Just sayin,

:redface:

Have fun at the AG Emporium Frank!!