PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone was wondering

mbowker641
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Montgomery Inn has good sauce, but their "Q" sucks. The brisket and pulled pork were mushy, and the ribs were very salty. The ribs looked like they may have been boiled and then rubbed and tossed on the grill.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum viewing. Thank you, that is all.

bbqbull
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Where is this place located at Mike?

Petersk
08-13-2010, 10:02 AM
That's Cincinnati, they have one along the river and another, the 'original', elsewhere. They have also opened a few new outlets around the area.

I took a group of about 150 people there a few years back, but that was before I had discovered *real* bbq and only remember it being non-memorable. Nice location though.

Keith in Hampshire, IL
(first post... I suppose I need a sig line!)

mbowker641
08-13-2010, 07:57 PM
We were at the one in Covington.

bbqbull
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks Mike!

Bill-Chicago
08-14-2010, 10:57 AM
When I have a craving for Montgomery Inn while in town, I pull into Skyline or Graeter's

:)

cheez
09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
When I have a craving for Montgomery Inn while in town, I pull into Skyline or Graeter's

:)

From all I've heard about Montgomery Inn, that sounds like a good move, Bill. I get to Cincinnati a few times a year for work, and whenever my dad hears that I'm going, he says "You need to go to Montgomery Inn, their ribs are great". Now mind you, he has not been there for more than 20 years, probably more like 30, and that was long before he knew anything about barbecue. I probably will have to go there one time, just to shut him up. But, if I do, and find the food to be as I've heard here, how does one go about politely telling Dad that he's full of sh*t?

Bill-Chicago
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
how does one go about politely telling Dad that he's full of sh*t?

I don't know why cheez, but this statement above had me nearly fall off the chair laughing.

Thanks

frognot
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
But, if I do, and find the food to be as I've heard here, how does one go about politely telling Dad that he's full of sh*t?

Fix him your ribs and tell him, "Dad, with all due respect, if you think Montgomery Inn's are better than mine, you are full of sh*t!

Smokin'Ron
09-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Not sure if it's already been stated, but the original (from my understanding, since I'm a transplant) is actually in Montgomery, OH. It's about 15 minutes north of where I now live. Been there 2 times, the first was for business and they park your car for you, seemed upscale and the prices were decent for upscale. 2nd time, the wife and I took a friend after we moved here and it was about the same, we haven't been back since.

They have catered it in for pulled chicken and pork @ work once in a while and it's not bad. I can't recommend it as true BBQ, but it is decent food for passing through.

People down here swear by it as they do the crappy chili around here (sorry Bill, Skyline sucks, now graeter's is another story, good stuff there). If I wanted a bowl Cinci chili, I'd just buy a can of vienna hot dog sauce and add cinnamon and chocolate powder to it.