PDA

View Full Version : kc mo bbq places

mdmapes
08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi. I am new to this forum but have learned alot so far. We are going to kc mo. this friday and i am looking for a great bbq place to visit. any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
Matt

greg of the BGE
08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I went to Jack Stack in the plaza and it was pretty good. There was also a Brazilian place there that looked tasty but it was outside my price range. It seemed more like meal for 2 type things.

GrillItGood
08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I went to Jack Stack in the plaza and it was pretty good. There was also a Brazilian place there that looked tasty but it was outside my price range. It seemed more like meal for 2 type things.
I am not too fond of Jack Stack. I was driving through KC and I specifically went to that place because I wanted authentic KC bbq and I was a little disappointed. The ribs were dry and it was not worth it for the price. It is a pretty cool atmosphere though.

stiffy
08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Oklahoma Joes on 47th & County Line Rd, Interstate 35 South to Mission Rd. I LOVE this place, the Z-Man sandwich is my favorite. Ribs are top notch, they have a gas station attached to the restaurant. It is A+++++

bob80001
08-09-2010, 08:18 PM
^^^^^^^^All you need to know. stiffy is correct on all accounts. I used to live about a mile from there. Now I am hundreds of miles away...and I am sad.

cireksu
08-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok Joes is also my fav. I like the Smokie Joe Sandwich. Their sandwiches are outstanding but the meat on it's own is average. They have great sauces.

Bryant's and Gates are the 2 KC originals.

mdmapes
08-09-2010, 08:46 PM
thanks for the advice.. i will post next week if we are able to locate some fine bbq places

MJHuffDaddy
08-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree that Okalhoma Joe's is excellent, my second favorite, however, you MUST check out The Little Pig in the suburb of Belton, MO... on HWY 58 and N Scott... I can't begin to put into words how tremendous the food is.. Ribs are NOT OF THIS EARTH... They are fairly new, but everyone who has had it is a believer... easiest to find them on facebook... Then there is LC's, not open on Sunday...

Mitch
08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
L.C.s and Okie Joes and Rosedale.

cgwaite
08-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Doesn't anyone go over to Arthur Bryant's anymore? It's been years since I've been there, but when I was growing up, that was THE place for BBQ in KC.

mdmapes
08-11-2010, 07:52 PM
A friend at work found out i was going to KC and he pretty much said i better bring him back 1 or 2 bottles of bbq sauce from arthur bryants. so i think i better check them out too.

GreasePig
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Last few times I tried Bryant's it was horrible...

Oklahoma Joe's is the real deal though... best bbq I have had in KC by far...

Next time I go up I am hitting the place in Belton though!

River City Smokehouse
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
LC's has went down hill. They were closed by the HD sometime ago but have reopened.

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/6076

stiffy
08-12-2010, 08:30 PM
If a guy wants a cool place to hang out and eat Que while listening to blues BB's Lawnside BBQ is also really really good stuff!! I prefer the BBQ Joint over the BBQ Restaurant any day, and there is a difference.

Bigdog
08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
LC's has went down hill. They were closed by the HD sometime ago but have reopened.

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/6076

Sadly I must agree. I was there about a month ago and my burnt ends were not the burnt ends I remember. Too bad. LC is a good guy. He was there just bitching out the help. Instead of complaining, he should have done it himself and showed the guy how to do it. Obviously he did not train him good enough.

mdmapes
08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Well after all your input we decided to go for Oklahoma Joes. We went friday night about 530pm. It was an hour and a half wait in line but they had a cowboy special for 12.95 brisket, 2 ribs and sliced sausage with 2 sides and it was great. My daughter and wife said they loved my brisket better but i reminded them that this brisket was sliced and waiting for a while and may have been a little dried but the bbq sauce was awesome. the ribs were worth the wait and the sausage was great! By the time we ate the line was strung all around the store. temp outside was 103F, The cooks told me saturdays were even busier. It is my favorite bbq place inside a gas station anywhere. thanks for your input.

mdmapes
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
thanks for everyones input. long story short we went to oklahoma joe's and even with the hour and a half wait in line the food was awesome. I am glad we didnt go on saturday cuz they said it is even busier on saturdays. again thanks to all.