PDA

View Full Version : Role Call Fire and Fun Westfield, Wi Aug 20,21

Coz
08-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I know theres a few Brethren comin up to visit . We will be there and will host the 9:22 on saturday , there will be choco shots for the non drinkers so all are welcome. I bet Ron L will be back for another shot at the windows contest.

grossepellets
08-06-2010, 06:16 AM
vhat is de veb link for additional information?

Peteg
08-06-2010, 08:04 AM
We will be there. Looking forward to it! Pete

Trainwreck
08-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Were in. See you in a couple weeks

JayAre
08-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Will someone be taking pictures of all the windows??? I grew up in Oxford and would like to see the old stompin grounds.

Harbormaster
08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I will be there. Not 100% sure if it will be on a team or if it will be as a clingy onlooker.

Gadragonfly
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
My husband and I are flying up from Atlanta to judge this one. Hopefully I'll get a chance Friday night to meet some Brethren.

Julie

Ron_L
08-06-2010, 11:59 AM
We'll be there! If you happen to see our window in advance again this year, Coz, please let us know!

Julie, please stop by on Friday night to say hi!

Grossepellets, the info is here...

http://www.marquettenow.com/events.php

Scroll down a ways...

Coz
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Any one coming on Friday nirte is welcome to stop and visit .We should be easy to find if weather is decent look for large party . I think Laureen said that she is at 26 teams as of today and I know that several others have told me they were coming that were not on her list yet. Jay Are I did show some of the pics from lat year and I will try to get to all the communities this year but dont hold me to it. Between Work, farm and a suddenly busy side job my days are gettin filled up.If you PM me with an email I will send you what I have from last year yet. Julie if you need any local pointer between my partner and I we should be able to fix ya up with anything you need.

Captain P.J.
08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I hope to be coming down to lend a hand for a friend. (Just have to work out the details)

Brew-B-Q
08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
I sent in my check and app several weeks ago and didn't get a response to my follow-up to see if it had been received. Is there another contact other than accentsbylaureen?

Coz
08-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I sent in my check and app several weeks ago and didn't get a response to my follow-up to see if it had been received. Is there another contact other than accentsbylaureen?

I am sure Brew-B- Que was on the list I saw.

Gadragonfly
08-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Ron L. We will most certainly come by and say hello. Coz, do you or your partner know of any good kayaking outfitters or places for paddling? We're coming with the pigs :becky: The pigs tend to find their way into the Bullsheet quite frequently (most recently in the August issue). I'm going to build them a photo journal titled "When Pigs Fly" so far they've participated in the judges oath in Ga, ALA, FLA, NC, SC, TN, New Mexico and Colorado. Now Wisconsin. :flypig::flypig:

See ya'll on Friday.
Julie

Burnita Boy 1
08-15-2010, 10:07 PM
We'll be there! Looking forward to it.

Pete

The Burnita Bar-B-Que Boys

Coz
08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Ron L. We will most certainly come by and say hello. Coz, do you or your partner know of any good kayaking outfitters or places for paddling? We're coming with the pigs :becky: The pigs tend to find their way into the Bullsheet quite frequently (most recently in the August issue). I'm going to build them a photo journal titled "When Pigs Fly" so far they've participated in the judges oath in Ga, ALA, FLA, NC, SC, TN, New Mexico and Colorado. Now Wisconsin. :flypig::flypig:

See ya'll on Friday.

Julie

Julie, theres a place in Montello ,which is about 15 minutes from the contest. Rendezvous Paddle and Sports 608-297-2444 they have a couple of options for trips down the Fox River ez to get to. Coz

Gadragonfly
08-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, thanks Coz, I am all over this one :-D Will give them a call tomorrow.
Julie

PimpSmoke
08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
See you all Friday. Coz, save me a spot between you and Pete:)

Coz
08-17-2010, 07:29 PM
See you all Friday. Coz, save me a spot between you and Pete:)

I will try butt your kinda late looking for a premium seat...

PimpSmoke
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I will try butt your kinda late looking for a premium seat...

Yeah I know, still looking forward to maybe getting out of my site for more than 5 minutes at a time maybe:doh: this time.

Peteg
08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah I know, still looking forward to maybe getting out of my site for more than 5 minutes at a time maybe:doh: this time.
What time you rollin in?

PimpSmoke
08-18-2010, 08:01 AM
hopefully no later than 10 or so

Harbormaster
08-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Good luck this weekend everybody.

Weather report for the weekend is not pretty. I heard on the way in to work this morning there could be severe thunderstorms today/tonight with high winds and hail.

I'm hoping to get up to see y'all, but right now me maybe not so pretty sure.

Harbormaster
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
I just got off the phone with Pimpsmoke. Seems the weather in Westfield is pretty rough. We were ending our call just as the tornado sirens went off. Some kindly neighbors saved his canopy too. More storms moving through yet tonight.

I'm staying homne since I'm not cooking.

Keep Coz, Ron_L, Pimp, and all of the other Brethren in your prayers.

Good luck guys!

Coz
08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Just came home to put on some dry clothes. I know a few canopies were lost in the storm but it has blown thru so away we go.

Captain P.J.
08-21-2010, 11:18 PM
After that dust up all was clear! Well except the humidity... I had a great time meating everyone and putting a face to your handles on here! Congratulations go to Coz and all that were called and competed!! Great job guys and hope to see you guys soon! Oh, and Pimp I am soo gonna do the brisket fat this weekend!

PimpSmoke
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
After that dust up all was clear! Well except the humidity... I had a great time meating everyone and putting a face to your handles on here! Congratulations go to Coz and all that were called and competed!! Great job guys and hope to see you guys soon! Oh, and Pimp I am soo gonna do the brisket fat this weekend!

That's a Harbormaster original recipe there. Nice to meet you.

A HUGE thanks to In Da Smoke BBQ, who saved our site. If not for them we would be hurtin and really wet.

Fun times, congrats to Coz and Smoke Syndicate, proud of everyone.

Peteg
08-22-2010, 09:08 AM

For a second, I thought you meant to say "brisket flat". Then I realized you were talking about Pimp's "brisket bacon". For anyone that hasn't tried it, he fries up the super fatty part of the point on top of his firebox. I'm pretty sure it's not low cal, but it's pretty tasty. :thumb:
Congrats to the big men (bringin the heat)! Looking forward to hanging out with everyone again next week in Princeton. Looks like the Wyocena bandit's even gonna make it out to that one. Pete G.

Ron_L
08-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Then I realized you were talking about Pimp's "brisket bacon". For anyone that hasn't tried it, he fries up the super fatty part of the point on top of his firebox. I'm pretty sure it's not low cal, but it's pretty tasty. :thumb:

Hmmm... That does sound good. I didn't get any of that. I guess it was too long a walk to bring your old bash buddy a piece, huh Pimp :becky:

Congrats to Coz and the crew! All we heard about on Friday night from Coz was how bad Coz was cooking this year. I think you were sandbaggin' a little, Coz :becky: :becky: :becky:

Even though the judges didn't like our food as much as we did :rolleyes: we still had a nice weekend. The competition went off pretty well all things considered. For those who hadn't heard, the organizer quit a week before the competition! Fortunately Anita and Tony Moore, who ran Poorque earlier this year, stepped in at the last minute and pulled things together! Thanks, guys!

The storms on Friday evening were interesting. We stood under our EzUp holding it down (it was tied down pretty well, but I was paranoid). We could see the Fat Andy crew holding theirs down across the parking lot and PeteG walking back and forth with a bucket to get water to hold his EzUp down. Besides the near loss at Pimp Smoke the guys at QU Smokin' Crew lost two EzUps and Mike's new truck got scratched up by one of them.

Once that blew by it was a nice evening and we walked around with margaritas and made some new friends. It was good to meet Captain PJ for the first time and we got to know the gang at Rebel Fire Que'n Company better after meeting them at UP Hog Wild. We also spent some time around the fire pit with the Chef's Gone Grillin' and talked with them, Coz, Animal from QU, Anita and Tony and a few others. Overall it was a good weekend.

And that was how we spent our summer vacation (I just felt like I was doing a trip report for school :-D)

Ron_L
08-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh! I forgot about the highlight of the weekend! On Friday afternoon Dan from Brew-B-Que walked over and said "Can you come over to our spot and smell my butt?" :shocked: :oops: :lie::butt:

I'll let him explain... :becky:

Trainwreck
08-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Just got home. Big congrats to Coz and Smoke Syndicate. We had a great time but could have done without the heat and an interesting neighbor. I am starting to think that a competition in Wisconsin just wont be a comp without a storm. Like Ron said I thought we put out some of our better product but I guess I just dont know what the judges are looking for. We will be trying again next weekend. It was nice getting to meet some more brethren. See everyone in a week.
Andy

Coz
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Ron as far as the sand baggin, I think the judges were generous as they thought more of our turn ins then I did. As Anita announced friday nite everytime my cooker leaves the yard it rains.1 time in 2 years it hasnt.So I bet when I sell this cooker in the fall and the new one goes on every one will be happy ? I will verify there were some stinky butts in Brew B Q camp. Man they were nasty. :shocked:

Ron_L
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Ron as far as the sand baggin, I think the judges were generous as they thought more of our turn ins then I did.

You know that I'm just busting your chops, right? You're a good cook, and your wins prove that.

As Anita announced friday nite everytime my cooker leaves the yard it rains.1 time in 2 years it hasnt.So I bet when I sell this cooker in the fall and the new one goes on every one will be happy ?

So your saying that we should bring our rain coats and galoshes for Princeton? :-D

I will verify there were some stinky butts in Brew B Q camp. Man they were nasty. :shocked:

Yep... Those boys could use some of this...

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/clientuploads/directory/AMB_Products/original_store.png

:becky: :becky: :becky: :clap2:

Coz
08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
You know that I'm just busting your chops, right? You're a good cook, and your wins prove that.

Yes I know :rolleyes:

So your saying that we should bring our rain coats and galoshes for Princeton? :-D

If it doesnt rain it will be 2 times in 2 years.Every time it leaves the yard to cook whether its a comp or just cooking somewhere . I think you should just bring your hot weather gear and dont worry bout the rain as I owe you for the nasty cold you shared last year.:boxing:

Yep... Those boys could use some of this...

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/clientuploads/directory/AMB_Products/original_store.png

:becky: :becky: :becky: :clap2:

I dont think thats enuff even.

Parsley Lady
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes on Friday! I didn't know that Ron had told you via PM that it was my birthday so I was surprised at everyone saying "Happy Birthday"! I even got a birthday cake key chain from the Burnita BBQ Boys and a nice card and a stuffed pig named Wilbur from the traveling judges, Julie (Gadragonfly) and Rusty! Wilbur kept me company that night and went to the awards with us. It was also Rusty's birthday.

Thanks again, everyone!

Gadragonfly
08-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Rusty and I had a really great time visiting Wisconsin and judging at this contest. We met a lot of really great people, judges and cooks alike. I wish we'd had more time to visit with Brethren but we also wanted to see the area. Thanks to Coz for a great recommendation of paddling down the Fox River, thanks to Anita for recommending Haystack Supper Club for dinner on Friday night. We really wanted to eat somewhere local and the fried walleye at Haystack was delicious (the first time I've ever eaten walleye). Thanks to Ron and Amy for the coffee beans they gave my husband, we're really enjoying the coffee! I've posted some pictures that I took during the time we were there. You can find them on my Photobucket account: http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/ae10/gadragonfly/Fire%20and%20Fun%20on%20Hwy%2051/

or Tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/2769rmt

I hope we get a chance to meet all of you again somewhere down the road. Three days were not enough for a proper visit.

Julie

PimpSmoke
08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes on Friday! I didn't know that Ron had told you via PM that it was my birthday so I was surprised at everyone saying "Happy Birthday"! I even got a birthday cake key chain from the Burnita BBQ Boys and a nice card and a stuffed pig named Wilbur from the traveling judges, Julie (Gadragonfly) and Rusty! Wilbur kept me company that night and went to the awards with us. It was also Rusty's birthday.

Thanks again, everyone!

:icon_blush:Not only did I miss the 922 because I was struggling with my cooker so much, I missed this.

Happy belated Birthday Parsley Lady!!:clap2:

Coz
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=PimpSmoke;1379746]:icon_blush:Not only did I miss the 922 because I was struggling with my cooker so much, I missed this.

Happy belated Birthday Parsley Lady!!:clap2:[/QUOT

Your eye doc says that you need to fix that cooker !

PimpSmoke
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
:icon_blush:Not only did I miss the 922 because I was struggling with my cooker so much, I missed this.

Happy belated Birthday Parsley Lady!!:clap2:

Your eye doc says that you need to fix that cooker !

If only money were not a factor, I'd have your Stumps clone!!!!

Captain P.J.
08-24-2010, 08:16 PM

That's okay... I had one for ya...:becky:

PimpSmoke
08-24-2010, 08:34 PM
That's okay... I had one for ya...:becky:

Careful, I might make you my wingman!!

Coz
08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I know some one had a few cause we went thru 2 bottles of GJ for the 9:22 ... of course one the freezer drank

Captain P.J.
08-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I know some one had a few cause we went thru 2 bottles of GJ for the 9:22 ... of course one the freezer drank
I blame Jack for both of those! :heh:

Gadragonfly
08-25-2010, 08:06 AM
... of course one the freezer drank

I am going to use this excuse the next time the bottle runs dry. :-D

Coz
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I am going to use this excuse the next time the bottle runs dry. :-D

Not sure if you heard the story but my partner was freezing a bottle of GJ and it broke :mad::mad2::mad2:

Gadragonfly
08-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Not sure if you heard the story but my partner was freezing a bottle of GJ and it broke :mad::mad2::mad2:

Nah, that was a quality test and obviously it failed. Any Jack with quality alcohol content wouldn't freeze. :heh: If I were you I'd make the package store that sold you such inferior quality alcohol give you a refund. :boxing:

Coz
08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Nah, that was a quality test and obviously it failed. Any Jack with quality alcohol content wouldn't freeze. :heh: If I were you I'd make the package store that sold you such inferior quality alcohol give you a refund. :boxing:

I think it had more to do with the container that he had the water and booze in :rolleyes: