PDA

View Full Version : International Teams at The Jack

Vince RnQ
07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know the qualifying criteria for International teams to be invited to The Jack? I know that US based teams who win contests in another country get an additional entry into their home state's draw but do the International winners have a draw system as well or is it "win and you're in"?

Scottie
07-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd say they are a little more 'relaxed' with International teams. Although, I believe it's a little harder to qualify for Canadian teams. I think they are quite happy if a team is willing to come from Switzerland, Germany, Britain, et al.

Vince RnQ
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Scottie. I thought it might be something like that as the cost of team travel alone could be huge. I recall that most, if not all, of the gear that the International teams use is borrowed from folks in the US so they don't have to transport smokers, etc.

BTW, how's it looking for the 2006 Jack champ to make yet another triumphant return to The Hollow?

Finney
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
This is the only thing I could find on it:
" International teams are encouraged to compete but may not include members who are U.S. citizens unless their primary residence is in the country they represent."

Scottie
07-28-2010, 12:19 PM
2 bungs... But honestly Vince. My goals weren't to chase TOY points or
Jack invites this year. I have cut back drastically (or at least for me) from my comp schedule. If it so happens that I make the Jack, awesome. If not, I achieved my goal of qualifying for another draw. I've climbed to the top of the mountain. Great view from the top, but I have other more important things are on my plate now. :thumb:

Hopefully, we will meet there again. If not, we'll see you in Mesquite. Maybe AZ in the fall. Might come out and at least wash dishes for the AZ BBQ Team. If they will still have me... I did require that the pink pig be there... Giddy up... :shock:

Vince RnQ
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Finney. I have that document too and didn't see anything else about how the Internationals get it. It's not important enough to justify calling Judy to find out but maybe I'll remember to ask next time I do speak to her or to Debbie.

Vince RnQ
07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
2 bungs... But honestly Vince. My goals weren't to chase TOY points or
Jack invites this year. I have cut back drastically (or at least for me) from my comp schedule. If it so happens that I make the Jack, awesome. If not, I achieved my goal of qualifying for another draw. I've climbed to the top of the mountain. Great view from the top, but I have other more important things are on my plate now. :thumb:

Hopefully, we will meet there again. If not, we'll see you in Mesquite. Maybe AZ in the fall. Might come out and at least wash dishes for the AZ BBQ Team. If they will still have me... I did require that the pink pig be there... Giddy up... :shock:

I understand that priorities change and competition barbeque certainly isn't going away any time soon so it will be here if/when you have more time to devote to it again.

We are looking forward to seeing you at Mesquite this year and I have no doubt that Mike will be happy to have you on his team [Ringer Mod] at any contest!