PDA

View Full Version : Lunch in Lockhart today!

thillin
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Stopped at Kreuz's and Smitty's at lunch today. Smitty's won out today. Brisket was a little better today. Ribs were really good as well!

Norcoredneck
07-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Braggard!

ThomEmery
07-28-2010, 08:15 AM
This is on my bucket list

Jester
07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Stopped at Kreuz's and Smitty's at lunch today. Smitty's won out today. Brisket was a little better today. Ribs were really good as well!

You ever hit Franklin Barbecue in Austin or head over to Louie Mueller's in Taylor? Man I love both of those places. And of course you can't forget Snow's in Lexington.

mgwerks
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Franklin's is the best in Austin, hands down!

Unfortunately, after having tasted virtually the entire menu at Louis Muller's, I have yet to have even decent-level Q there. Don't know if I'd go back, even if someone else was paying...

Jester
07-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Interesting to hear you say that regarding Louie Mullers. The place that seriously let me down was City Market in Lulling. When people are saying that they have great sauce and stop there, that's a sure sign to stay away. Not sure how the achieved the acclaim they've received, but it was down right awful.

Have you ever hit Snow's BBQ in Lexington? It's standards Central Texas BBQ, very straight ahead and very good. They were selected as Texas Monthly's top BBQ place in Texas.

mgwerks
07-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, all I ever get in Luling is the sausage, the brisket is kind of iffy. Haven't made it to Snow's, its on my BBQ bucket list.

1_T_Scot
07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I gotta get there. Sound like you had a good day. I'm not familar with that area are there hotels? That are within waddling distance of town? I'd need a designated driver (no Booze) but after that much meat I shouldn't drive!

Jester
07-30-2010, 10:23 AM
I gotta get there. Sound like you had a good day. I'm not familar with that area are there hotels? That are within waddling distance of town? I'd need a designated driver (no Booze) but after that much meat I shouldn't drive!

Taylor and Lexington are within a 35 - 40 minute drive from Austin which is where I would stay. You could hit several places in the course of a day, which is what we typically do.