PDA

View Full Version : SmACk TaWK NYS Championship. 4th annual Battle of The BBQ Brethren. August 7-8.

Pages : 1 [2]

Yakfishingfool
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Blended together and served cold. Bring a spoon.:shocked:

Warm beer on the side?

Sawdustguy
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Site assignments look good. I'm shiggin off of the Pollocks and the big weiners of williepalooza.

Have they posted site assignments?

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Have they posted site assignments?

Team Name Site number#
BABYLON GRILLBILLIES #21
BAD ASS COMPETITION BBQ # 2
BALDWIN BUTT BURNERS #22
BETTER DAYS BARBEQUE # 6
BIG GUNS BBQ # 5
BLAZZIN’ BUTT BBQ # 7
BROTHERS IN SMOKE #PRIVATE
CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ #23
ED-QUE’ CATORS BBQ COMP. #26
FAT GUYS IN A LITTLE SMOKE #27
GOTHAM CITY GRILLERS #28
GRIM REAPER SMOKERS # 8
I LIKE SMOKE N LIGHTNING # 9
JACKED UP #
MA’S QUE CREW #14
MOOSEHEAD BBQ #15
OUT OF THE ASHES #13
PIT POSSE #18
PURPLE PORK MASTERS # 4
RIBS WITHIN # 31
SHAKE N BAKE BBQ #30
SMOKE IN DA EYE #12
SMOKENSTEIN & HIS SMOKIN’ BRIDE #10
SMOKERS LOUNGE BBQ #20
SMOKIN ACES #33
SMOKIN IRISH #32
STACK-RACKERS # 1
SWAMP PIT BBQ #34
T’N’T DYNAMTIE BBQ #16
T SMOKE & THE REVOLUTION #19
TEAM BIGBARRY Q # 3
THE SMOKE’N BARREL #28
TWO FAT POLOCKS #11
UP IN SMOKE BBQ #17
YANKEE REBELS #24

Cue's Your Daddy
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I have the same site number as The Smoke'N Barell. do we have to fight it out.

Westexbbq
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^
Where is this info available, please?

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM
So there is no confusion on the potluck. Disclaimer: I am not the organizer of the potluck just a messenger. The contest organizer is having a team dinner sat night after the cooks meeting approx 7:30 . The dinner is in the judging tent. You will get tickets in your goody bag to enter. The pot luck food is in addition to the food being provided by the organizer(pizza) If so inclined cook a little extra as there will be many volunteers that will also be there. The guy running around all weekend collecting your garbage in the heat at least deserves to sample some of your food :)

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^

emailed to the head cook Wes. You and I would never receive such info cause we are just pit beotch's

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I have the same site number as The Smoke'N Barell. do we have to fight it out.

I spoke with Jeanne. You are 28 and I am 25.

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM

Bummer, the fight would of been entertaining

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Bummer, the fight would of been entertaining

I never said anything about not fighting. :boxing:

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I never said anything about not fighting. :boxing:

Thats the spirit. it is called the "battle" of the brethren,nobody ever said it was restricted to food. I hear that phil is gonna wrestle willie in a kiddie pool full of bbq sauce

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I hear that phil is gonna wrestle willie in a kiddie pool full of bbq sauce

That's hot.

mfreeman73
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM

I was wondering where #25 was. Can't wait.

mfreeman73
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Thats the spirit. it is called the "battle" of the brethren,nobody ever said it was restricted to food. I hear that phil is gonna wrestle willie in a kiddie pool full of bbq sauce

Probably the same sauce they use on their bbq. Is that their secret ingredient? Bbq sauce with sweaty men crap in it? I knew I was missing out on a key element in my sauce.

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
That's hot.
Isnt it? Good luck getting that visual out your heads for the rest of the day:heh:

mfreeman73
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
So, do we have a list of whom is bringing what for the potluck? Just trying to avoid making the same thing as someone else.

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 02:19 PM
So, do we have a list of whom is bringing what for the potluck? Just trying to avoid making the same thing as someone else.
Whats wrong with a duplicate item? We are all competitive and could judge the items side by side. I would love to see somebody else make big barry poppins pureed brats, potatoes and onion dish

deez20
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I guess I won't be cooking up pizza if thats what is being provided. I'll come up with something.

mfreeman73
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Whats wrong with a duplicate item? We are all competitive and could judge the items side by side. I would love to see somebody else make big barry poppins pureed brats, potatoes and onion dish

Sounds good to me. I'm leaning towards making some red beans and rice.

MattCom
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Site assignments look good. I'm shiggin off of the Pollocks and the big weiners of williepalooza.
Lucky # 13.... schweet!!!!:clap2:

Cue's Your Daddy
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
So who am i fighting now...Willie B, phil on roids and the team on site 25. I should set up friday then.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
So who am i fighting now...Willie B, phil on roids and the team on site 25. I should set up friday then.

Why do I gotta be "the team on 25?"

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Why do I gotta be "the team on 25?"

Would u rather be referred to as "the team formerly known as 28"?

mfreeman73
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM

Just don't let the fighting spill on over to site 24. :-P

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM

It's better than having an extra tall flaming WSM spill over onto your site.

BTW, I'm pleased to announce my newest team member Sledneck. Funny what you can buy with a meatball parm these days...

Cue's Your Daddy
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.youaintrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/legionofdoom.jpg

Do u really want a piece of my brother and me. Funny how big you can get when u go to Ballys

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Would u rather be referred to as "the team formerly known as 28"?

I would like to be referred as "The team that was blasting Metallica and getting drunk (with red cup discretion) for 2 straight days, then talked about anonymously in the "How NOT to behave at a BBQ Competition" thread the day after the event."

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
It's better than having an extra tall flaming WSM spill over onto your site.

BTW, I'm pleased to announce my newest team member Sledneck. Funny what you can buy with a meatball parm these days...

Its more than just a meatball parm silly. I need to learn all of your pork cooking methods so that I may carry on the tradition of your pork winning ways around here after you move.

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I would like to be referred as "The team that was blasting Metallica and getting drunk (with red cup discretion) for 2 straight days, then talked about anonymously in the "How NOT to behave at a BBQ Competition" thread the day after the event."

I hear ya! and just for the record with reference to that thread, i never "bumped" anybody with my truck when i was leaving. They all walked in to my truck ......

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM

When it goes down, we're taking out all of the 20's.
:boxing: (Pop, Pop, Bang - Cinderella Man)

MattCom
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM

There goes the neighborhood.:boxing:

Yakfishingfool
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Sorry Wes, it appears only available to those with press passes and previous media exposures ;)

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.youaintrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/legionofdoom.jpg

Do u really want a piece of my brother and me. Funny how big you can get when u go to Ballys

Wow, the Road Warriors. Those guys were bad ass.
My friends and I made up a drinking song to the Road Warriors entrance theme. Hopefully I will get drunk enough to share it with all of you.

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Just don't get so drunk that you think my bouncy castle is a port-o-john. You wouldn't believe how many times that has happened before.

motoeric
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
If I am able to make it to the potluck, I was thinking about bringing ribs.

Good idea? I should be able to buy a rack for about $12.00.

Eric

MikeR
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't forget- you get what you pay for.

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Don't forget- you get what you pay for.

Say what you will about Adam, but he can make a monster turn-in box (then eat it if it's for the show:heh:). I've always wanted to try parsley.

MikeR
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Parsley dipped in salt water is not that bad.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Are we allowed to have fires at night?
I was thinking about bringing my firepit to do some drinkin and smokin around the fire at night.
The beer will be cold, the fire will be hot and the music will be loud.
Come join me if you'd like.

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Are we allowed to have fires at night?

No fire, only hot water for boiling the brisket, ribs, shoulder and chicken.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
No fire, only hot water for boiling the brisket, ribs, shoulder and chicken.

Are you implying that I will be boiling my meat?
Damn, that reminded me of a time when I was with this girl and I should've boiled my meat.

MikeR
08-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Are you implying that I will be boiling my meat?
Damn, that reminded me of a time when I was with this girl and I should've boiled my meat.
Way too much info.

Westexbbq
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Sorry Wes, it appears only available to those with press passes and previous media exposures ;)

I used to be an under-assistant west coast promo man,
back in the day.:cool:
"sittin here thinkin' just how sharp I am....."
Out of our Heads - Rolling Stones

Frito pie for the potluck.

Spot#14 looks to be the happening place to be there, not square.

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Packing a bunch of cigars and tequila (no moonshine this year) for anyone who's interested.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Way too much info.

I was referring to the time I was making a steak and she dropped it on the floor. Boiling may be a bit extreme, but I probably should've rinsed it off.

Sledneck
08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
There should also be something in Thursday's print edition.

Eric

Newsday is so up to date on the BBQ scene:shock::roll: this was in lifestyle today:

Paul Kirk: Keep burgers simple and meaty
Originally published: August 4, 2010 11:02 AM
By The Associated Press J.M. HIRSCH (AP Food Editor)

QUICK SUMMARY
The 20 Burgers of Summer: Paul Kirk's recipe for BBQ burger

Simple and meaty. Pretty obvious and pretty good.

It's the essence of a great burger, according to Paul Kirk, a man who clearly knows his meat. He's one of the world's most accomplished barbecue gurus — with some 450 awards, including seven World Barbecue Championships — as well as executive chef at New York's R.U.B. BBQ restaurant.

"This may sound too obvious, but what makes a burger great is the meat. You can add different things to your patties or top them with whatever you'd like, but if you don't start with the right foundation, the whole building will crumble, right?" he said in an interview by e-mail.

Kirk says he's all for experimenting with blends of different cuts of meat, but says the most important part for the home cook to focus on is the ratio of fat.

"Keep it somewhere in the 80/20 range and you'll end up with a flavorful, juicy burger," he said. "After that, I like to keep things pretty simple. Some hearty white buns and maybe some onion, but I don't top 'em with too much. I like to let the meat shine."

And so we asked Kirk to bring his barbecue expertise to AP's 20 Burgers of Summer series.

"The creation of my BBQ burger was a no-brainer. We had some chopped brisket available, as we tend to have at the restaurant, and thought about mixing a little of it in with our burger patty," he said. "It took two or three tests before we got the right balance so that you could taste the smokiness of the meat through the burger."

To up the barbecue flavor even more, Kirk added some of his dry barbecue rub to the burgers just before tossing them on the grill. He suggests using whatever variety rub you like.

___

BBQ BURGER

Start to Finish: 30 minutes

Servings: 4

1 1/2 pounds 80 percent lean ground chuck

8 ounces smoked or barbecued beef (such as brisket, short rib or tri-tip), finely chopped

1/4 cup purchased barbecue dry rub

1 Vidalia onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings

1/4 cup vegetable oil

4 slices smoked cheddar cheese

4 white hamburger buns

2 tablespoons butter, softened

In a large bowl, mix the ground chuck with the chopped beef until well combined. Form the mixture into four 8-ounce patties. Season both sides of each patty with the barbecue rub, reserving just a bit of the rub.

In a small bowl, toss the onion rings with the vegetable oil and some of the remaining barbecue rub.

Heat a grill to medium and lightly oil the grate.

Spread the butter on the inside of each bun.

Cook the burgers until nearly done, flipping once, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness.

Meanwhile, add the onions to the grill and cook until slightly charred and soft.

Just before the burgers are done, top each with onions and a slice of the cheese. Cook for another minute or so.

Toast the buns lightly over the grill and assemble the burgers.

Nutrition information per serving (values are rounded to the nearest whole number): 711 calories; 377 calories from fat; 43 g fat (16 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 170 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrate; 57 g protein; 2 g fiber; 525 mg sodium.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MilitantSquatter
08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Isnt it? Good luck getting that visual out your heads for the rest of the day:heh:

Phil told me that he had some type of new kite on order (seriously:roll:)... so I think that means "Skydancer" will make an appearance on LI this summer after all.. :shocked:

The history : :laugh:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31663&highlight=skydancer

Master, Master...where's the dreams that I've been after :rockon:

MilitantSquatter
08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Thats what happens when the you dont control comments from a former bbq competitors sister

she's knew you tanked two GC chances and says you will eventually become a TV personality has-been by spring '11.

There should also be something in Thursday's print edition.

Eric

let me guess....About SIDE ??? :bored:

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
let me guess....About SIDE ??? :bored:

Why the heck not? I just packed up 3 years of BBB trophies and there's a ton. I'm cooking with no one but myself this weekend so I don't blame Poohbah, the "guns", nutts and his tissue crew, or anyone else who wants to feel confident. Bring the game, V, or join the game!

Frank Sacco
08-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Game on fairy boy....

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Game on fairy boy....

Ah, ain't that cute? I'll just spread some peanut butter on your butt and you'll be running in circles for hours. Or is that only for cats buttz and not for horses arses? :)

Frank Sacco
08-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Ah, ain't that cute? I'll just spread some peanut butter on your butt and you'll be running in circles for hours. Or is that only for cats buttz and not for horses arses? :)

I'll graciously walk away... You win!!

SmokeInDaEye
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I'll graciously walk away... You win!!

Dont forget, your team mates actually do all the work so your stepping away may be the key to success! Let the BBB games begin...

Muzzlebrake
08-04-2010, 11:47 PM

Im in! I mean I still have to PB the FEC, but I can do that drunk!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire Gimme that which I desire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvF9PAxe5Ng)

big brother smoke
08-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Smoke is in the the house! Out in Englewood chillaxing!
See yawl Friday night. Bring me a stogie, Clint!

Frank Sacco
08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Smoke is in the the house! Out in Englewood chillaxing!
See yawl Friday night. Bring me a stogie, Clint!

Welcome to the right side BBS. Looking forward to the meet and greet that Clint will be holding for you. Yes he JUST volunteered his site and said he'll be your biatch for the weekend. Just be careful around him, he likes to smear peanut butter on grown mens naughty spots.

big brother smoke
08-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Really? :shock:

Frank Sacco
08-05-2010, 12:23 AM
No kidding around, he's a registered man-molester. He walks around the events with a jar of Jiffy stalking his prey. The LI Brethren are used to him, we throw quarters at him as a distraction then walk the other way. In one hand it works well, we don't have much face to face interaction with him during a competition. The down SIDE is, he saves all the quarters for self promotion and press releases.

big brother smoke
08-05-2010, 12:55 AM
No kidding around, he's a registered man-molester. He walks around the events with a jar of Jiffy stalking his prey. The LI Brethren are used to him, we throw quarters at him as a distraction a we walk the other way. In one hand it works well so we don't have much face to face interaction with him during a competition. The down SIDE is he saves all the quarters for self promotion and press releases.

No wonder he brings stogies and tekilya!:tsk:

Clint I have a series of bumps on my arse :tape:

Obviously, you are not afraid of hair after someone PMed me what you did to Phil!:shock:

BigBarry
08-05-2010, 03:18 AM

Jamba Juice is in negotiations for my Ultimate Protein Smoothie...yum!

No dirty references....

Sawdustguy
08-05-2010, 07:41 AM
No kidding around, he's a registered man-molester. He walks around the events with a jar of Jiffy stalking his prey. The LI Brethren are used to him, we throw quarters at him as a distraction then walk the other way. In one hand it works well, we don't have much face to face interaction with him during a competition. The down SIDE is, he saves all the quarters for self promotion and press releases.

He is good with Junkies too......

MikeR
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
He is good with Junkies too......
And geriatric strippers....

WannaBeBBQueen
08-05-2010, 08:10 AM
lmao this thread is so off topic...lol

Hey does anyone have 2 tables we can borrow, we lost two of ours in the "incident". Thanks in advance!!

Yakfishingfool
08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Old Clint, better known as Jiffy Stiffy....

MikeR
08-05-2010, 09:17 AM
lmao this thread is so off topic...lol

Hey does anyone have 2 tables we can borrow, we lost two of ours in the "incident". Thanks in advance!!

I could lend you one- I'll be setting up Sat. morning. Just let me know if I should bring it.

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Just came across this picture from the first year of BBB when my daughter took off with my trophy. Time flies.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/SmokeInDaEye/award.jpg

trohrs123
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM
we have plenty of tables Julie...stop by

Sledneck
08-05-2010, 09:53 AM
any predictions?
I say RGC : Jacked Up

Yakfishingfool
08-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I remember that Competition!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/[IMG]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/msofnp/miscellaneous/GCphoto.jpghttp://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/msofnp/miscellaneous/GCphoto.jpg

mfreeman73
08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
So, is anyone setting up Friday night? I'm thinking about coming out Friday night, setting up and camping over.

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
any predictions?
I say RGC : Jacked Up

GC: I Smell Smoke
RGC: Jacked Up

13th Place Chicken: Swamp Pit

BBQchef33
08-05-2010, 11:07 AM
pfffttt...

Lightweights.........

All of ya's.

Sacco, and Bob S. Remind me to strangle both of you on Sunday.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
So, is anyone setting up Friday night? I'm thinking about coming out Friday night, setting up and camping over.

We'll be next door neighbors. We will be there on Friday night to setup and I am staying over.

BBQchef33
08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
thread title changed.

:)

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Jeanne just sent out an email saying that sites 1-15 will be on the grass and the remaining sites will be on the asphalt.
A siteplan will be provided at check in.

Any team want to switch?
I bought heavy duty stakes to stake down my pop-ups on the grass.
Guess I should've bought the canopy weights instead.

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I remember how it was rigged so that you all could win a contest named after ya'll.:twisted:

Anyone remember when it rained that one time?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/[IMG]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/msofnp/miscellaneous/GCphoto.jpghttp://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/msofnp/miscellaneous/GCphoto.jpg

Yakfishingfool
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I remember that time we were told SIDE bent over in the shower at band camp...oh wait, that was selfless self-promotion camp :)

Cue's Your Daddy
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
How many teams are doing the Buck-a-rib?

trohrs123
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM

we are

MattCom
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
We is too!:bow:

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 12:00 PM

We are.

WannaBeBBQueen
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I could lend you one- I'll be setting up Sat. morning. Just let me know if I should bring it.

Sure that would be great and I think I'm good on tables:clap2:

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Jeanne just sent out an email saying that sites 1-15 will be on the grass and the remaining sites will be on the asphalt.

Any team want to switch?

If it's easier for you I could switch.

Otherwise just get some buckets from a hardware store, fill them with water and connect them to each corner using ratchet straps.

mfreeman73
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM

Any team want to switch?

It's a trade-off I guess. More hassle trying to hold down the pop-ups, but you don't have to put a tarp on the ground.

mfreeman73
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM

We are doing it.

rbsnwngs
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
we are doing it as well

MikeR
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Weather looks great- But it just won't be the same without the rain.:tsk:

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 12:39 PM
If it's easier for you I could switch.

Otherwise just get some buckets from a hardware store, fill them with water and connect them to each corner using ratchet straps.

I was just telling my dad (who may be the only person certifiably crazier than me:loco:) about this and he said that we could bring the cordless hammer drill and anchor them into the concrete.
I said they probably don't allow that, but I'll ask anyway.
If not, we may go with the water buckets strapped to the canopies.

Thanks for the offer SIDE.

Sledneck
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Fix!

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
We are doing the buck-a-bone as well.

motoeric
08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
So, are we actually setting up odds and pools for who's going to win?

I'm thinking:

GC: Big Guns All Stars

We need side bets on whether Clint will get all turn-ins in on time. We need to keep a first aid kit near the turn in tables for the SIDE mad dash.

Eric

WannaBeBBQueen
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
We're in for buck a bone.

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 03:59 PM
We need side bets on whether Clint will get all turn-ins in on time. We need to keep a first aid kit near the turn in tables for the SIDE mad dash.

Eric

That's awesome, though I have never missed a turn-in! I can't decide which was my favorite between, falling over the turnin table with 3 seconds left year 1 because I was running too fast, jumping a stroller after some lady decided to roll it in front of me year 2 or running out of my shorts at WillieWillScrewYa 2010.

On a separate note, is it proper to refer to holtsville as "central Long Island"? Trying to give someone in the city a clear idea of where they are going.

motoeric
08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
On a separate note, is it proper to refer to holtsville as "central Long Island"? Trying to give someone in the city a clear idea of where they are going.

I think so. It's pretty much central both East/West and North/South.

Eric

motoeric
08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I was just telling my dad (who may be the only person certifiably crazier than me:loco:) about this and he said that we could bring the cordless hammer drill and anchor them into the concrete.
I said they probably don't allow that, but I'll ask anyway.
If not, we may go with the water buckets strapped to the canopies.

I'm sure that Rich or Phil will chime in with an official answer, but I'm pretty confident that you can't drive anything into either the cement or the pavement.

Eric

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm sure that Rich or Phil will chime in with an official answer, but I'm pretty confident that you can't drive anything into either the cement or the pavement.

Eric

Not even a car? How do we get our gear in?:laugh:

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
If anyone get's lost on the way there, just follow the news vans.

Sledneck
08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
So, are we actually setting up odds and pools for who's going to win?

I'm thinking:

GC: Big Guns All Stars

Eric

OK i start. The NOT 13th place chicken bet. If you think you are better/worse than 13th place then put your money up. $10 per team. The betting team that finishes closest to 13th place chicken but not actually 13th chicken gets the pool. Ex, you bet $10 and you finish 16th with closest points to 13th you win. See me sat if interested.

MikeR
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Ex, you bet $10 and you finish 16th with closest points to 13th you win. See me sat if interested.
Ok- I'm in. I may have to change my cooking strategy to get a little closer to 13th.

motoeric
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
OK i start. The NOT 13th place chicken bet. If you think you are better/worse than 13th place then put your money up. $10 per team. The betting team that finishes closest to 13th place chicken but not actually 13th chicken gets the pool. Ex, you bet $10 and you finish 16th with closest points to 13th you win. See me sat if interested.

Will the $ be split if one team comes in 12th and another comes in 14th?

Eric

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Sled is doing "buck-a-bone" but it more like a rainbow flavored pony ride at night. NTTAWWT.

BBQchef33
08-05-2010, 06:31 PM

29 doing peoples choice

there are 37 competing KCBS.

Bob S
08-05-2010, 06:36 PM
pfffttt...

Lightweights.........

All of ya's.

Sacco, and Bob S. Remind me to strangle both of you on Sunday.

:noidea:

Sledneck
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Will the $ be split if one team comes in 12th and another comes in 14th?

Ericits by points. i doubt it can happen but if it does we do some sort of tie breaker.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Where is all the smack tawk?

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I started too early and ran out of smack tawk

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I started too early and ran out of smack tawk

I'm at the worst wedding ever! Nothing to do but drink and sit on my phone and tawk smack.

SmokeInDaEye
08-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm at the worst wedding ever! Nothing to do but drink and sit on my phone and tawk smack.

How's this: You've got loser friends who host suck arse weddings on a Thursday cause all the cool kids snatched up the reception hall on friday and saturday. :boxing:

SCPD PAL
08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Please do not put holes in any asphalt or concrete. Also be careful with extra large spikes into the grass due to the fact there are sprinklers underground. Or I'll be back in Brooklyn walking a foot post from 6pm-2am.....Thanks

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 10:25 PM
How's this: You've got loser friends who host suck arse weddings on a Thursday cause all the cool kids snatched up the reception hall on friday and saturday. :boxing:

Some doucher on my wifes side of the family who couldn't afford a decent wedding.
Have you ever been to Riviera in Massapequa?
This place is gangsta.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Please do not put holes in any asphalt or concrete. Also be careful with extra large spikes into the grass due to the fact there are sprinklers underground. Or I'll be back in Brooklyn walking a foot post from 6pm-2am.....Thanks

Bummer, I was really looking forward to using the hammer drill.

Smokin J
08-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Is anyone man enough to try some of Matt's habenero vodka? Ill bring the bottle just in case.

Sledneck
08-06-2010, 06:58 AM
this one time, at the battle of the brethren.......

trohrs123
08-06-2010, 07:57 AM
pot luck will be what time and where

BBQchef33
08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
write after cooks meeting which starts at 7 in the tent.

Also, Mike lake, KCBS president, will be there for a Q&A session regarding KCBS after the cooks meeting.

Cue's Your Daddy
08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
write after cooks meeting which starts at 7 in the tent.

Also, Mike lake, KCBS president, will be there for a Q&A session regarding KCBS after the cooks meeting.

Phil,

Just wondering are there things that we should AVOID asking him. I just put that out there so it doesnt become a stoning, or i could be totally wrong. just your thoughts.

SmokeInDaEye
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Is the initiation ritual for first timers before or after the pot luck? Squeeeeeeeel lika pig!

Sledneck
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Phil,

Just wondering are there things that we should AVOID asking him. I just put that out there so it doesnt become a stoning, or i could be totally wrong. just your thoughts.

hes the elected president. he represents us. he has to be open to ALL questions regarding kcbs. no censorship. no prescreening ,, he is not david letterman. I cant wait for this.I got some great questions He might want to leave by sat night though........

MilitantSquatter
08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
I cant wait for this.I got some great questions He might want to leave by sat night though........

You should get on his good side first but telling him the toilet paper story.

BigBarry
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
We'll be there tonight!

Westexbbq
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM

We are as well, Brian and I, aka Ma's Que Crew/

Westexbbq
08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Sure that would be great and I think I'm good on tables:clap2:

If there are any other folks out there that could spare an extra table, Ma's Que Crew could use one as well. PM me if you can,
Thanks,
Wes

SmokeInDaEye
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
What is it with all you people and your tables? Didn't sled lose his at the first Battle?

BTW, what is the actual name of the facility that this thing is at? The PAL Center in Holtsville? Someone is asking.

Westexbbq
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Are previous winners eligible?:becky:

WannaBeBBQueen
08-06-2010, 12:07 PM
What is it with all you people and your tables? Didn't sled lose his at the first Battle?

BTW, what is the actual name of the facility that this thing is at? The PAL Center in Holtsville? Someone is asking.

Mine was fire related I don't know what anyone else story is...lol :rolleyes:

and yes I believe it is the PAL center behind JJ kings.:-D

Bob S
08-06-2010, 12:16 PM

I believe it is the "PAL Sports Complex"

SmokeInDaEye
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
One thing I know for sure is that it is not possible to brand a pumpkin.

Sawdustguy
08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
So ladies, you all getting pumped up for battle this weekend? :boxing::clap2: Cullinarily speaking.

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Reminder: I totally forgot the guy from the Board of Health told me to be on the lookout for our permit in the mail. It just came 10 minutes ago, so check your mailboxes before you leave for the competition.

Anchors Smokeshop
08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
So ladies, you all getting pumped up for battle this weekend? :boxing::clap2: Cullinarily speaking.

Although I prefer not to be called a lady, I am worked up!!

motoeric
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi,

If anyone is hitting the grocery store tonight and could do me a HUGE favor and pick up some jalapenos, it would be very much appreciated.

Maybe 2 dozen?

I'd be more than happy to pay you back tomorrow and share some abt's.

Eric

deez20
08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Reminder: I totally forgot the guy from the Board of Health told me to be on the lookout for our permit in the mail. It just came 10 minutes ago, so check your mailboxes before you leave for the competition.

Did you actually get a permit? I only got a photocopy of my application back with a check next to approved.

Frank Sacco
08-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm still waiting for my permit to arrive.... My wife will bring it out if we recieve it in Saturdays mail.

I have half a case of Parsley up for grabs if anyone needs it $15. Come and see me at some point on Saturday.

psny75
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Can anyone tell me what time the event starts tomorrow Sat. 8/07.....I think I read that tomorrow is People's choice for ribs. Is there a timetable to view anywhere?

motoeric
08-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Can anyone tell me what time the event starts tomorrow Sat. 8/07.....I think I read that tomorrow is People's choice for ribs. Is there a timetable to view anywhere?

The People's Choice will be from 2pm to 4pm.

I think that the doors open at 10:00 or 11:00.

See you there!

Eric

rookiedad
08-07-2010, 08:30 AM
will we be able to bring cars back to our site tonight after public leaves to unload supply? if so when.

Sledneck
08-09-2010, 04:10 AM

Queer eye for the i like fat willie b's lightning won the bet