PDA

View Full Version : Competition Sausage

Three porks
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Can anybody give me some suggestions for an upcoming sausage entry in Shannon, IL? The rules state that its open garnish but I'm stumped. I'm thinking about doing a fatty stuffed with misc ingredients....would that be allowed?

Can anybody direct me to or post some previous sausage turn-ins?

Thanks!

Scottie
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
talk to me around 4:30 on Saturday.... :tape:

The reigning Illinois and New York Sausage Champion....

ique
07-06-2010, 06:06 PM

The reigning Illinois and New York Sausage Champion....

Here is my guess:

Jimmy Dean
Smokin Guns
Blues Hog

:-P

Scottie
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Here is my guess:

Jimmy Dean
Smokin Guns
Blues Hog

:-P

Au contrair.... the judges in the NE have a very defined taste buds. I dumped a gallon of Maple Syrup on it. Same with my steak, pizza and all 4 categories of the KCBS. It took me a while to figure that out... ;)

Missed seeing you, but the boys did alright.

But You couldn't go wrong with Smoking Guns, Blues Hog, BBQr's Delight pellets, cooked on a FEC. Oh I probably picked up something from HawgeyesBBQ.com as well....

Ron_L
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM

..............Northern
The reigning ^ Illinois and New York Sausage Champion....

Two Porks... It must be sausage in the box, not fettuccine with sausage or biscuits with sausage gravy, for example. Stuffed is fine. Whatever you turn in must fit into the standard clam shell.

The reigning Central Illinois Bragging Rights Sausage Champion.

:becky: :boxing:

B C BBQ
07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Abe Froman from Chicago whooped us all in fatty this weekend. I should have used Jimmy Dean instead of using a local VT sausage.
Congrats to the Sausage King(Mohawk and all).

billm
07-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Au contrair.... the judges in the NE have a very defined taste buds. I dumped a gallon of Maple Syrup on it. ...
a stack of pancakes with that and you really got something Scottie!:-P

seriously though is this what the sausage category has come down to? breakfast sausage? heck you cant put giardinera on that

Brew-B-Q
07-07-2010, 08:17 AM
We placed 9th in sausage last year at Shannon. I turned in a bratwurst fattie stuffed with cheese and onions. It didn't look or taste very good, but the judges seemed okay with it.

Scottie
07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Abe Froman from Chicago whooped us all in fatty this weekend. I should have used Jimmy Dean instead of using a local VT sausage.
Congrats to the Sausage King(Mohawk and all).

Ahhh... Another believer..... ;)

Scottie
07-07-2010, 08:39 AM

Fortunately for your Arthur pipe dream.... I showed up at 8:00 pm and turn-in was 5:00 pm.

Besides a true Sausage King can go from one part of the country to another. showing people what good meat is all about........ ;)

Ron_L
07-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Fortunately for your Arthur pipe dream.... I showed up at 8:00 pm and turn-in was 5:00 pm.

Besides a true Sausage King can go from one part of the country to another. showing people what good meat is all about........ ;)

We'll see what happens this weekend and the next weekend in Da UP! :becky:

Jorge
07-07-2010, 08:49 AM

What makes you think FedEx didn't deliver something from Texas, in raw form?:evil:

Scottie
07-07-2010, 09:35 AM
We'll see what happens this weekend and the next weekend in Da UP! :becky:

Oh.. does UP have a sausage category as well? I guess I should look at the form...

We should do a little side action amongst the teams that will be cooking in both... We could probably call it the Midwest Sausage Champion. I'll talk to my IP department about getting that to the Trademark/Patent in DC... :shock:

Ron_L
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh.. does UP have a sausage category as well? I guess I should look at the form...

Me and my big mouth :becky:

It's on Friday and they provide the sausage.

We should do a little side action amongst the teams that will be cooking in both... We could probably call it the Midwest Sausage Champion. I'll talk to my IP department about getting that to the Trademark/Patent in DC... :shock:

They should have that done in time for next year. :-P

Three porks
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Two Porks... It must be sausage in the box, not fettuccine with sausage or biscuits with sausage gravy, for example. Stuffed is fine. Whatever you turn in must fit into the standard clam shell.

Thanks for the clarification!! Leaving for Shannon in a few minutes. Hope to meet some of you guys there. Look for Three Porks and a Smoker.......we'll probably have the smallest setup at the contest.....

Good luck to everybody!

BoneDaddy's
07-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Anyone have any Sausage turn-in they would like to share?