PDA

View Full Version : *** NOTICE *** - Whatever Happened to the Calenders?

NeoTrout
06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
I ordered, and paid for, a ThrowDown calender a couple of months ago. Have not received anything. What's up? :confused:

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, I guess at this point it's safe to say they aren't going to happen. So rather than keep this dragging out, everyone should expect refunds soon.

I'm sure our artist will be able to provide the file for everyone to download and print on their own.

Sorry for the problems, it seemed like a sure thing at one point in time, and things just fell apart, both plan A and plan B.

big brother smoke
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Chit happnes, Chris! Just forward my payment to the site, as a donation, if possible.

deguerre
06-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, as they say, shart happens.:becky:

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Chit happnes, Chris! Just forward my payment to the site, as a donation, if possible.
Done. Phil, that $10 just sent was from Steph, so he gets credit for it!:cool:

deguerre
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Do that for mine too please Chris?

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Done. That $10 was from deguerre!:thumb:

NeoTrout
06-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Me too. It would be nice to get the files if possible.
Thanks. :cool:

boatnut
06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Donate mine too, thanks for trying!!

Alan in Ga
06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Donate mine too Chris thanks for trying

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Done. I'm sure the files can be made available. The artist already suggested that idea a little while back as an option of last resort.

Bbq Bubba
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM

You guys rock! :thumb:

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Done. $20 from Alan in Ga.

Cast Iron Chef
06-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Can I put mine towards a thong? :becky:

Second thought, The Brethren need it more then me. Donate mine as well.

Thanks!

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Can I put mine towards a thong? :becky:

Second thought, The Brethren need it more then me. Donate mine as well.

Thanks!
You were SO close to getting a thong!:becky: They're only $7.99 ya know...but with shipping it went over the amount. I know, I could have donated...but since you said to donate it...I figure I'll go ahead and honor that. Even though I REALLY AM tempted to just do it anyway.

Yeah, I'm doing the thong!:heh:

bigabyte
06-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Just kidding!:becky: Yours has been donated to the BBQ Brethren site.:cool:

Cast Iron Chef
06-30-2010, 04:25 PM
You were SO close to getting a thong!:becky: They're only $7.99 ya know...but with shipping it went over the amount. I know, I could have donated...but since you said to donate it...I figure I'll go ahead and honor that. Even though I REALLY AM tempted to just do it anyway.

Yeah, I'm doing the thong!:heh:

I'd have to have BigMista give me a kiss in it next time he gets to Vegas.:thumb:

Brewmaster
06-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Donate mine to the Brethren as well. :thumb:

WannaBeBBQueen
06-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Donate mine as well please!

High Q
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Take the rest of the thong money out of my $10 and donate the rest to the website.

Thanks.

BBQchef33
06-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Sorry guys.. Chris came to me when plan A fell apart. i tried to get our printer to quote things out, (the same one doing the banners), but thats in the same time warp as the hats and aprons. If he ever comes thru, i will move forward with the same $$$. thanks.

Chef Jim
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Chris, My first thought was to donate to the site, my second thought was to donate to the site. So I stopped thinking, was smelling smoke but later found that was from the bird I just cooked.

So please donate my $10 to the site. And all is forgiven, you did good.:clap2:

Big George's BBQ
06-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Please do the same with my $10
Chris thanks for all of your work with this I really appreciate that. Can still enjoy all the great throwdown photos and think they are on my dinner plate

bigabyte
07-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Sorry guys.. Chris came to me when plan A fell apart. i tried to get our printer to quote things out, (the same one doing the banners), but thats in the same time warp as the hats and aprons. If he ever comes thru, i will move forward with the same $$$. thanks.
I think Phil is the last person who should be apologizing. He brought up the idea to me actually. I'm sure the printer is just busy and probably has other things they feel are more important to address. Seeing as June is now over, the idea of still trying a calendar just seems too much of a stretch. Thanks for trying Phil!:clap2:

Also, thanks to everyone else who has been involved, Secret Squirrel and Santa Gnome. As others have mentioned, chit happens sometimes, and sometimes there is nothing we can do about it no matter how good of intentions there were. I still think both Santa Gnome and Secret Squirrel are wonderful people for the work they did, and what was initially planned.:thumb: It just wasn't in the cards ultimately I guess.
Donate mine to the Brethren as well. :thumb:
Donate mine as well please!
Take the rest of the thong money out of my $10 and donate the rest to the website.

Thanks.
Chris, My first thought was to donate to the site, my second thought was to donate to the site. So I stopped thinking, was smelling smoke but later found that was from the bird I just cooked.

So please donate my $10 to the site. And all is forgiven, you did good.:clap2:
Please do the same with my $10
Chris thanks for all of your work with this I really appreciate that. Can still enjoy all the great throwdown photos and think they are on my dinner plate
Done. That's 20 each from Brewmaster and WannaBeBBQueen, and $10 each from High Q, Chef Jim and Big George's BBQ.

deguerre
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Chris, I'd like to personally thank you, Santa Gnome, Secret Squirrel and Phil for all of your efforts. Everyone did an outstanding job, regardless of the outcome.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Alan in Ga
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I agree with Guerry 100% Thanks Chris

Old Smoke
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey Chris
Use the money for the site, or throwdown prizes, your choice.
I don't want it back.
THANKS to you and all who were involved for all of your hard work.

zydecopaws
07-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Donate mine as well.

Big George's BBQ
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Chris, I'd like to personally thank you, Santa Gnome, Secret Squirrel and Phil for all of your efforts. Everyone did an outstanding job, regardless of the outcome.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I totally agree. Well said

WannaBeBBQueen
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I agree too!:clap2:

cgwaite
07-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Chris, please donate mine as well. :thumb:

bigabyte
07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Donate mine as well.
Chris, please donate mine as well. :thumb:
Done. $10 each from zydecopaws and cgwaite.

Hey Chris
Use the money for the site, or throwdown prizes, your choice.
I don't want it back.
THANKS to you and all who were involved for all of your hard work.
I will hold on to yours for now, and once all of the refunds/donations are settled then I will determine whether to donate the remaining funds, or use the remaining money for a prize or prizes (if enough is left). I actually eat a small cost for each Paypal transaction where I received money. Those who sent $10 (or other increments of 10) will get their full money refunded, or the full amount donated. I don't mind eating that cost at all, in fact I'm happy to eat it. I'm only mentioning it because it's possible there would be nothing left after all of the processing is done.:rolleyes:

big brother smoke
07-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Approximate fees paid :twisted::laugh:

bigabyte
07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Approximate fees paid :twisted::laugh:
WTF?:shock: I wasn't trying to raise money!:doh: Thanks though!:thumb: Tell you what, once I figure out how to fit these calendar files on here, you can download them and print yourself a calendar!:becky: It's the least I can do!:laugh:

big brother smoke
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
WTF?:shock: I wasn't trying to raise money!:doh: Thanks though!:thumb: Tell you what, once I figure out how to fit these calendar files on here, you can download them and print yourself a calendar!:becky: It's the least I can do!:laugh:

I know you were not raising money for fees, I am bored at the office, and got a good laugh; it was worth every penny! :heh::crazy:

LMAJ
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Just saw this - Chris - thanks for your efforts in this... I know how much fun it can be trying to coordinate stuff like this....
Please donate my $$ to the site too.
Thanks!

Paulmark
07-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Just got home after a long weekend windsurfing, smoking butts, and recruting new members...By all means donate mine to the site Chris. Murphy's Law sucks. But seriously I appreciate all the effort involved. Thank you.:thumb:

bigabyte
07-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Bump. In case anyone has missed this, before they send me nasty-grams.

deguerre
07-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Bump. In case anyone has missed this, before they send me nasty-grams.
Can we still send you nasty-grams for other reasons though?

dgassaway
07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry for the nasty-gram. Donate mine as well. I wear an XXL thong:becky:

bigabyte
07-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Can we still send you nasty-grams for other reasons though?
You know me, the nastier the better!:becky:

bigabyte
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry for the nasty-gram. Donate mine as well. I wear an XXL thong:becky:
No worries.:redface: If they came in that size, that would be all I would ever wear. Even here at the keyboard while working.:becky:

rddestin
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Donate mine as well.

Desert Dweller
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Donate mine, if I ordered one. My memory is getting worse and worse...

deguerre
07-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Donate mine, if I ordered one. My memory is getting worse and worse...
You're just recovering from your first comp.

Cliff H.
07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Donate mine to the site as well.

qman
08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I just caught up with this thread.
Sorry it did not happen Chris.

Please donate mine to the site as well

[or use it yourself to off set your costs. Either way it helps the site and benefits the Brethren.

deepsouth
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
i was wondering where i could find a list of upcoming throwdowns. can someone kindly point me the right way... i'm sure it's right in front of me and i'm just missing it.

thanks in advance.

Big_T_BBQ
08-30-2010, 01:28 PM
i was wondering where i could find a list of upcoming throwdowns. can someone kindly point me the right way... i'm sure it's right in front of me and i'm just missing it.

thanks in advance.

Throwdowns are picked by the winners as they come. So the winner of week 35 will pick the throwdown for week 37, week 36 winner will pick 38, etc. All active throwdowns are made into Sticky threads.

deepsouth
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Throwdowns are picked by the winners as they come. So the winner of week 35 will pick the throwdown for week 37, week 36 winner will pick 38, etc. All active throwdowns are made into Sticky threads.

thanks! is this on any particular day of the week every day or does it vary?

Chef Jim
08-30-2010, 03:29 PM
The throwdown is at the very top of "Q" talk. It has its own sticky all by itself. Just go to the top of this page and click on "Q", then pick BBQ Brethrens Throwdowns.

It's all there, come on in and join the fun. :becky: