PDA

View Full Version : Lake Placid Buck-a-Rib Contest Question

Sweet Breathe BBQ
06-30-2010, 06:39 AM
This will be our first time going to the ILBBQF in Lake Placid. How many racks of ribs should we plan on cooking up for the Buck-a-Rib contest on Saturday? Any thoughts from someone with previous experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HandsomeSwede
06-30-2010, 07:30 AM
As many as possible. People's Choice is generally won by who cooks the most, not necessarilly who cooks the best.

pigmaker23
06-30-2010, 07:54 AM
in the past we have cooked 2-3 cases of ribs for this event, depending on the weather, its supposed to be nice, but chilly this weekend. good luck :-P

This will be our first time going to the ILBBQF in Lake Placid. How many racks of ribs should we plan on cooking up for the Buck-a-Rib contest on Saturday? Any thoughts from someone with previous experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Scottie
06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Its not PC Choice by most ribs anymore...

I know this years also benefits Mike's daughters education fund. Mike was a member of I Smell Smoke.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I didn't know 80 was cool!!! ahaha:-P

B C BBQ
06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
low 40's at night
Good Jack drinking weather

Jorge
06-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Its not PC Choice by most ribs anymore...

I know this years also benefits Mike's daughters education fund. Mike was a member of I Smell Smoke.

Great cause! I don't know if Mike ever met anybody he didn't like, and every opportunity I had to talk to him was a pleasure. I never walked away without a smile, and I wish people could say the same about me.

Scottie
06-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Local weather said 80's for sat/sun... rain today and tomorrow. I have shorts and a sweatshirt on... brrrrrrr. Well at least compared to DC!!!!

chopshop
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Local weather said 80's for sat/sun... rain today and tomorrow. I have shorts and a sweatshirt on... brrrrrrr. Well at least compared to DC!!!!

wearing a snow suit to miami in july is cooler than DC was this weekend

Sweet Breathe BBQ
07-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback, decided to increase our original estimates of a case. We don't need to sleep Friday night anyways, we might as well cook ribs. :crazy: