PDA

View Full Version : Competition Trailer Advice

guntera
06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey guys! I'm just wondering if anyone would tell me the pros & cons for a Tank smoker vs. a Rotisserie smoker. I am enjoying the BBQ thing and would like to start competing by this time next year. Just trying to get everything going this year. Thanks!

beam boys bbq
06-26-2010, 11:18 PM
i have had both of then i moved to the spicewine (done) i now have two of them love my spicewines low maintance get them up to temp they run them selfs after that:clap2:

ZouBQue
06-27-2010, 08:14 AM
I have to agree... the spicewine is definitely the way to go. That's what I have and I'm very happy with it.

Brauma
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM
LeeAnne of Woodchicks fame lost electricity to her rotis and scored better in brisket. Just sayin.

thillin
06-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I've been real happy with my Med Spicewine and Green Egg combo. I can load and unload both easily. (small elec winch for the SW). I'm South of you in TX and my enclosed trailer with A/C is as much of an asset as my cookers when it's 90+ outside.

Smoke'n Ice
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
I've been real happy with my Med Spicewine and Green Egg combo. I can load and unload both easily. (small elec winch for the SW). I'm South of you in TX and my enclosed trailer with A/C is as much of an asset as my cookers when it's 90+ outside.

Exactly when were you that cold. I just did a wedding cater in Forney for 75, it was outside and I got a tan from the moon. My AC just about gave up as well.

thillin
06-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Exactly when were you that cold. I just did a wedding cater in Forney for 75, it was outside and I got a tan from the moon. My AC just about gave up as well.

The a/c did freeze us out at the Ft Worth comp. Woke up at 2am and it was 63 in the trailer.:becky: