PDA

View Full Version : Texas CVookoff

brdbbq
07-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Taylor is this side of Austin.

27th International Barbecue Cook-Off
This event always proves to be an enjoyable home-town type festival where people watch the antics of the teams just being themselves. In addition to the cook-off, we also have an arts and crafts show, a carnival, the Walter Gonzales Memorial Horseshoe Tournament. A dance will most likely be scheduled at a later time. Gates open Saturday at 8:00 a.m. with judging of the meats and showmanship at 12:00 p.m., and results approximately at 5:00 p.m. There will be an auction just before the awards. Murphy Park. For information about competing or judging at the event, visit the web site.

Phone: 512-351-5820
Alt Phone: 512-352-6364

MikeG
07-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Hey Bill,
Go to tayorjc site Brian posted..then to
National Rattlesnake Sacking Championship...
then to Jackie Bibby..Good pictures!!!.
Just in case you think I've been BS'n you.
MikeG

chad
07-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Jackie Bibby

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to live! :twisted: Nine rattlers in his mouth - world record (no ****!) - wonder if he kisses his momma with a mouth like that :D

MikeG
07-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Amen to stupid DF.
Makes my skin crawl...Rattlesnakes are typically very
docile creatures. You won't see anybody do this kind
of act with our native cottonmouth!!! The show would
last about 2 seconds and somebody would need a doctor.
MikeG

chad
07-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Cottonmouth -- now that is NASTY! Fat, green/yellow color (I've seen 'em from almost black to yellow) --- yuck!!! I've smacked more than my fair share of moccassins to keep them away from my fish!! :D

They make rattlers look nice!

brdbbq
07-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Taylor is this side of Austin.

27th International Barbecue Cook-Off
This event always proves to be an enjoyable home-town type festival where people watch the antics of the teams just being themselves. In addition to the cook-off, we also have an arts and crafts show, a carnival, the Walter Gonzales Memorial Horseshoe Tournament. A dance will most likely be scheduled at a later time. Gates open Saturday at 8:00 a.m. with judging of the meats and showmanship at 12:00 p.m., and results approximately at 5:00 p.m. There will be an auction just before the awards. Murphy Park. For information about competing or judging at the event, visit the web site.

Phone: 512-351-5820
Alt Phone: 512-352-6364

Jorge
07-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I gave it some thought, but then read the rules. What kind of event is this?

4. 4. NO beer may be brought in or out the cook-off grounds. Jaycees will sell beer in case
lots on Friday and Saturday until 10:00 A.M. (at a discounted price to cookers only). All
glass containers are prohibited by city ordinance.

10. 10. Absolutely No firearms or explosives will be allowed.

NO LEWDNESS or NUDITY on the Cook-Off grounds. This is a family affair folks. Poor
taste in this area will be grounds for disqualification and immediate eviction.

Bigmista
07-16-2004, 11:34 AM
NO LEWDNESS or NUDITY on the Cook-Off grounds. This is a family affair folks. Poor
taste in this area will be grounds for disqualification and immediate eviction.

Jorge just looks for any excuse to get nekkid!

Jorge
07-16-2004, 11:50 AM
I'll be watching you Mista, I'll be watching :P