PDA

View Full Version : The Rub Co. Shout-out

NebraskaBBQ
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
I have to give props to Ryan Chester and The Rub Co. for this Competition Rub sample I received yesterday. I'm thoroughly impressed with it. I had a little taste as soon as I got it and then had to talk myself out of doing a shot of it out of the little bag it was in. I used it on some pork chops I was grilling last night because I wanted to taste it on some meat and the results were great. Can't wait to use it on some ribs or a butt, but I think I'll need more before I do that. I know I'll be ordering a few bottles from their online store soon. Please give this rub a try, everyone. You won't be disappointed. Thanks, Ryan!

ChicagoSizzlin
06-24-2010, 11:06 AM
I just got my sample yesterday so Ive been wondering what to use it on. Thanks Ryan will keep this post updated once I find something to grill with it haha.

2Bulldogs
06-24-2010, 11:16 AM
It doesn't even say on the website how to get the samples.

chikenskin
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Got mine yesterday too.
Tasted good on my finger.
I'll try it out this weekend.
Thanks Ryan...

McGurk
06-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Planning on trying it Sat night on a hunk of ribs. Looking forward to it!

devious
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
yep got mine too.... very tasty

Ryan Chester
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Nebraska BBQ - Thanks for the kind words and Im glad you like it!

2bulldogs - A couple weeks ago, we offered free samples to the first 20 Brethren who PM'd me.

I look forward to the rest of your reviews!

ammoore
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Already used mine up on a whole chicken.
Tasted great out of the baggie with a nice balance between sweet and salty. Cooked up nice and didn't burn so obviously not too much sugar if anyone is concerned.

Wanted to order some of the Spicey but web site says out of stock.
Ryan, any idea when it will be back in stock?

Ryan Chester
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Already used mine up on a whole chicken.
Tasted great out of the baggie with a nice balance between sweet and salty. Cooked up nice and didn't burn so obviously not too much sugar if anyone is concerned.

Wanted to order some of the Spicey but web site says out of stock.
Ryan, any idea when it will be back in stock?

Glad you liked it!:thumb:

Our Original Rub (spicy) has an ingredient in it that has recently become a bit of a challenge to get so we are in the process of locating another supplier with better access to it. I anticipate it being available again in the next couple months.

big matt
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey Ryan we will be in Santa Maria with you this weekend..anyway i can pick up a sample from you at your site?

Ryan Chester
06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey Ryan we will be in Santa Maria with you this weekend..anyway i can pick up a sample from you at your site?

We'll have plenty for you to sample.

Rover24
06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks Ryan for the sample! It smelled awesome, but I resisted the urge to taste it til I can get it on some meat. Wanted to keep the sample virgin til I fire up the pit!

I got some whole chickens in brine for tomorrows smoke...I'll post pics and a review this weekend. Thanks again!

Ryan Chester
06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks Ryan for the sample! It smelled awesome, but I resisted the urge to taste it til I can get it on some meat. Wanted to keep the sample virgin til I fire up the pit!

I got some whole chickens in brine for tomorrows smoke...I'll post pics and a review this weekend. Thanks again!

Right on! I look forward to your experience.

yelonutz
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Ran, I got the sample a couple of days ago. It passed the finger dip test with flying colors. I left it next to my chair in the plastic bag for a few days because I really enjoyed the smell. It was like farking Glade to me!! Ok, I admit, I don't have much of a life. Cooked up some thighs last night. To get to the point, I will be ordering a couple of bottles from the net site and send you the names of some BBQ stores to see if they will stock your stuff. Fantastic! Thank you.

NUTZ

Ryan Chester
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Ran, I got the sample a couple of days ago. It passed the finger dip test with flying colors. I left it next to my chair in the plastic bag for a few days because I really enjoyed the smell. It was like farking Glade to me!! Ok, I admit, I don't have much of a life. Cooked up some thighs last night. To get to the point, I will be ordering a couple of bottles from the net site and send you the names of some BBQ stores to see if they will stock your stuff. Fantastic! Thank you.

NUTZ

Oh yeah, looks great!!!!:clap2: Im glad it didn't just smell good and once you get me the names of the stores, I'll do my best to get it stocked.

Thanks for the pron!

big matt
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
We'll have plenty for you to sample.
Thanks Ryan!..see ya tomorrow.

thunderwagn
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I received my sample today! Actually, it might have been here yesterday, but I never made it to the mailbox. I too gave it the finger test and it seems fantastic! I got lots going on the smoker this weekend, so can't wait to try it!
Thanks again for the opportunity to sample your rub man:thumb::thumb:

indianagriller
06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I ordered two bottles last night just based of of the reviews here. I wake up and have an email that they were already shipped... Talk about fast!

Rover24
06-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I didn't get to take any pics as the wife was away with the camera. I tried the sample Ryan sent on a spatchcocked chicken. I thought the rub was outstanding. It had a savory taste to it, and wasn't too heavy on the sugar, salt or heat. It was a very balanced rub as far as taste goes. The grind was very good for chicken too. Some of the spices were ground very fine, with some larger granules thrown in. Again, very good balance. It was easy to coat the chicken, and the rub did not burn at all, even after I left the chicken under the fire too long. I would definitely purchase this product, and based on its quality, I would try other Rub Co. products. Thanks for the opportunity to sample this product.

Ryan Chester
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Thunderwagn - Your welcome and I hope you enjoy it.

Indianagriller - I have great employees who understand customer service. Thanks for the business we hope to earn more of it!

Rover 24 - Pictures or no pictures I appreciate you keeping your word and writing a review. Sounds like we got a spot in your kitchen and im glad you liked it.

ChicagoSizzlin
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Ryan finally got around to cook that sample. We been doing a lot of remodeling so I havent had alot of time. First off this rub rocks! I put some on chicken and some pork chops. Incredible stuff and not too salty either. I really liked the combination of flavors going on there and made for some tasty BBQ. Will have to pick up some soon!

Ryan Chester
08-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Ryan finally got around to cook that sample. We been doing a lot of remodeling so I havent had alot of time. First off this rub rocks! I put some on chicken and some pork chops. Incredible stuff and not too salty either. I really liked the combination of flavors going on there and made for some tasty BBQ. Will have to pick up some soon!

Glad you liked it. I haven't put it on chops yet but I love it on pork loin. We took 1st place in ribs last weekend in Vista, CA with the Competition Style heavy as our base then our Barbeque dusted on top. Those two flavor profiles layered perfectly giving some depth to the ribs.