PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual Corliss Johnson Memorial Golf Outing August 7th

Scottie
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
We will be having our 8th Annual memorial golf outing on Saturday, August 7th. It will be in Darien, Illinois (Suburb of Chicago). The main purpose of this outing is a fundraiser for the 501c(3) foundation that I started in my wife's memory. Corliss passed away from cancer in 2003. So far as a foundation, we have raised almost $150,000 for cancer research and to assist those that are fighting cancer.

I know for sure a couple of Brthren are coming. Jorge was officially signed up before I had the flyer mailed out for the outing. :clap2:

Hope to see some of you out there. It's a fun outing and honestly, I don't stress golf too much. (I like to award not just the best teams, but also the one's that are not at the top and just pull their names out of a hat). It will be a scramble format as well. We will follow that up with a dinner/awards banquet. If you sign up early, we will see if you can get on Jorge's foursome. He is having the Bud girls as his caddy. Alhtough, my understanding is they are not very good golfers... :hand: So don't hold that against them...

Cancer Sucks!

Scottie

Jorge
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Folks this is a great opportunity. A primary reason I support Scottie's foundation is the lack of overhead. There isn't an office full of people chewing up your donations in terms of payroll etc... What comes in, goes out to some great places where it can do the most good.

I've tried to make it the last two years and just couldn't make it work. This year I blocked out the date and made sure I got in early. I've talked to a couple of folks about going, but it's always good to get a chance to put faces with names and actually shake hands without the time demands of a contest looming! Hope to see some of you there!

Willie's Smokehouse
10-26-2010, 08:50 PM
check out the 990 tax info

drbbq
10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Scottie,
August 7th 2010 is a Sunday.

Scottie
10-27-2010, 08:14 AM
check out the 990 tax info

Huh?

drbbq
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Scottie,
August 7th 2010 is a Sunday.

Make that August 7th, 2011 is a Sunday.

Scottie
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
It should be August 6th in 2011. Although, they don't send out our contracts for another month, so that might all change. We have had that weekend for the first 8 years though.