PDA

View Full Version : Shannon, IL payouts?

Buster Dog BBQ
06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I didnt find anything on their web site. Those of you who competed at Shannon, is the payout to the top 5 or top 10 per category? Thanks.

Scottie
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
You'd think I would know this. But I want to say it's to 10... For sure real nice ribbons for top 10.

Plowboy
06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Don't go for the payouts. Go for the experience. If you get a call in "The Field", be proud no mater what is in the envelope.

Divemaster
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't go for the payouts. Go for the experience. If you get a call in "The Field", be proud no mater what is in the envelope.
I coldn't agree more (but something in the envelope is nice!)....

Scottie
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Having cooked Shannon for the last 5 years. Nothing is more special than the ribbons and the plaque's from the contest... Fortunately, I have had some luck out there and have a couple in my collection...

Defending Illinois State Sausage Champion.... :roll:

Buster Dog BBQ
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
App is in the mail. Never cooked Illinois before. Should be fun.

Divemaster
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
App is in the mail. Never cooked Illinois before. Should be fun.
Mine is should be this afternoon... Looking forward to it!

Plowboy
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Defending Illinois State Sausage Champion.... :roll:

That's what she said. :thumb:

Scottie
06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
That's what she said. :thumb:

So I have that going for me... Which is nice.... :twisted:

KC_Bobby
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
But Abe Froman is the Sausage King.

Ron_L
06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
But Abe Froman is the Sausage King.

Abe is the Sausage King of Chicago, but Scottie is the Sausage King of Illinois! At least for another month or so... :becky:

Scottie
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Exactly Ron. I need all the help I can get. Plus it has a nice ring to as a title... Oh and the chicks dig it.... :cool:

Smoke'n Ice
06-01-2010, 05:28 PM
MR. JOHNSTON!!

What would the girls think?:tsk:

Jorge
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Powyboy, is this sausage thing a big deal? I might be able to acquire some raw product:wink::icon_shy

tennispro
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
This was my first ever KCBS contest that I did. It was crazy to start out in the Field. I missed a call in Sausage by like half a point.

Scottie
06-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey Powyboy, is this sausage thing a big deal? I might be able to acquire some raw product:wink::icon_shy

My girls will just steal it. Folks don't understand that German sausage from Texas. My girls though have complex pallets. .... ;) I've done real good with Brown and Serve dunked in butter....

Jorge
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
My girls will just steal it. Folks don't understand that German sausage from Texas. My girls though have complex pallets. .... ;) I've done real good with Brown and Serve dunked in butter....

That sounds like Waffle House?

Plowboy
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey Plowboy, is this sausage thing a big deal?

From what I hear, it isn't in Scottie's case. :becky:

Rub
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Anybody know of cheap flights into the area? Which airport?
Fuel costs are making it prohibitive to drive up.

Plowboy
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Chicago

Scottie
06-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Southwest which fly into Midway is probably the cheapest. O'Hare is probably 20 minutes closer to Shannon.

Let me know if I can help with anything Rob.

Scottie
06-02-2010, 09:27 AM
From what I hear, it isn't in Scottie's case. :becky:

See because this is a family forum, I will not respond. Plus the fact that I fear the wrath of Jorge running around Shannon in camowear, his face painted and having a heat sensor scope... Although, I wonder if he has corn colored camowear? :bolt:

Jorge
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
See because this is a family forum, I will not respond. Plus the fact that I fear the wrath of Jorge running around Shannon in camowear, his face painted and having a heat sensor scope... Although, I wonder if he has corn colored camowear? :bolt:

:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

Jorge
06-02-2010, 10:14 AM

I haven't worked out the details with Todd. If I'm not flying into KC and making the trip up with him, we could probably split a rental out of Midway.

Plowboy
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I haven't worked out the details with Todd. If I'm not flying into KC and making the trip up with him, we could probably split a rental out of Midway.

Rub and I talked a bit last night about helping him get what he needs at Shannon. The one thing I know I can't get him up there is a cooker. Someone else will need to help on that one.

Jorge
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Rub and I talked a bit last night about helping him get what he needs at Shannon. The one thing I know I can't get him up there is a cooker. Someone else will need to help on that one.

Dude, I was going to leave him on the side of the road and help everybody out!:heh:

Scottie
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Dude, I was going to leave him on the side of the road and help everybody out!:heh:

come to think of it... I like your style...

Jorge
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
come to think of it... I like your style...

Need a ride?:twisted:

Plowboy
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Need a ride?:twisted:

== Awesome!!!

Rub
06-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Lol, good stuff guys. Thanks for the help!

Ron_L
06-02-2010, 03:50 PM

You may also look at Rockford. Its no where near as big as O'hare or Midway, but there can be some deals.

tennispro
06-02-2010, 05:45 PM

I might be able to help out with a cooker depending on what he wants. I live about 35 miles from Shannon and I might be able to help out. I have a cooker that he could use (not as good as his but it works). It takes some time to get used to.

We also have a guy here in town that rents out a large Trager cooker. I might be able to get him a good deal on using it for the weekend. Like pay for the pellets and the rest might be free. The cooker is a Com200.

Rub let me know if your interested and I can talk to the guy at my BBQ shop and see what I can work out for you.

Jeremy

Rub
06-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys! Looks like I'm in, just have to find the flight, coordinate with Jorge for a car, line up a tent, table or 2, a light, coolers, greens, etc, and find a pit. I'd like to ship a box up to someone with some rubs, knives, ninja throwing stars, etc.

Jeremy, I may take you up on the Traeger. I'm trying to find something I'm more familiar with, but if that doesn't work the com200 sounds great.

Can someone give me the info on the sausage category? We don't do those down here but I'd like to try. Patties, links, sauced, sliced??? TIA....

Ron_L
06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
You can ship to me if you want. We'll be on site by around 10 on Friday.

I have a 6' table that I can bring and a big cooler that should fit into the trailer. I also have two WSMs but I may not be able to fit both the big cooler and the WSMs.

Plowboy
06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys! Looks like I'm in, just have to find the flight, coordinate with Jorge for a car, line up a tent, table or 2, a light, coolers, greens, etc, and find a pit. I'd like to ship a box up to someone with some rubs, knives, ninja throwing stars, etc.

Jeremy, I may take you up on the Traeger. I'm trying to find something I'm more familiar with, but if that doesn't work the com200 sounds great.

Can someone give me the info on the sausage category? We don't do those down here but I'd like to try. Patties, links, sauced, sliced??? TIA....

Rub & Ron - You guys want to split a case of parsley three ways?

I can bring an extra marine cooler with me for Rub. I'll have two 4' tables with me that I won't use, so you can have them as well as a light and extension cord. I'll bring an extra chair, too.

I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing Mike Lake this week at the World Pork Expo. I'll talk to him about having you set up beside Ronelle and myself.

Scottie
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Ill be there thursday at some point. I have a few Ez-ups a couple of tables. 5-6 marine coolers van split some parsley with you I get a case. Have an extra egg and WSM and kettles. Can ship to me as well. Ill make sure everything arrives safe too!!! ;) whatever you need rub. I can get you meat at RD if you want...

Coz
06-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Offer is still on the table for the plat 5 clone.She is no virgin.

Bones
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
You can ship to me if you want. We'll be on site by around 10 on Friday.

I have a 6' table that I can bring and a big cooler that should fit into the trailer. I also have two WSMs but I may not be able to fit both the big cooler and the WSMs.

Ill be there thursday at some point. I have a few Ez-ups a couple of tables. 5-6 marine coolers van split some parsley with you I get a case. Have an extra egg and WSM and kettles. Can ship to me as well. Ill make sure everything arrives safe too!!! ;) whatever you need rub. I can get you meat at RD if you want...

I plan to arrive on Thursday and have some extra stuff if needed. I assume that Rub will need some form of charcoal or lump and I and definitely supply that. I have some space in my trailer as well as the back of my truck to haul items if needed. Just let me how I can help.

Rub
06-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Man you guys ROCK.
Off to run errands for a contest this weekend, but will get back to this later today to figure it out. Thanks guys!

Coz
06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Man you guys ROCK.
Off to run errands for a contest this weekend, but will get back to this later today to figure it out. Thanks guys!

I also have references on my dishwashing abilities :roll:

Scottie
06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I also have references on my dishwashing abilities :roll:

You're not cooking the last year at Shannon?

tennispro
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Is it really the last year for Shannon?? If so I might try and get up and cook.

Coz
06-08-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Scottie;1305190]You're not cooking the last year at Shannon?[/QUO

I hate to admit it and know I will regret it but as of now we wont be competing . My partner cant make it down there and the wife has already spoken for the next weekend off.I am not ready to go solo yet. I have made the offer to help Rub out in exchange for a lil schooling. Otherwise I may just come down and visit . I will have to see how it shakes out.

Coz
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing Mike Lake this week at the World Pork Expo. I'll talk to him about having you set up beside Ronelle and myself.

I thought he was repping up here this weekend?

Rub
06-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Scottie, one or 2 EZ Ups and a table would be great! Any sides available for the tent(s)? I can split parsely with you or Todd, whatever is easiest for you guys.

Todd, the marine cooler, a 4' table, and a light and extension cord, and a chair? That would be perfect!

Bones, do you guys have Rancher briquettes up there?

I've lined up 1 Stumps, but will need a little more room than it has. Still thinking through a WSM or a BGE possibility. Coz I need to talk to you sometime about your smoker too.

Thanks again guys :-D

Ron_L
06-08-2010, 11:34 PM

I'll stop by Chris' house later to make sure that he is OK. :-D Rub, Chris' cooking partner works for Royal Oak. :becky:

We haven't had Rancher in the stores around here for a couple of years. I happen to have a personal stash in my garage. How many bags to you think you'll need? We can work something out. Like letting me win :clap2:

I have an 18.5" WSM if you don't find anything else.

Just let me know on both the charcoal and the WSM anytime before Thursday of the week of Shannon.

Plowboy
06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I thought he was repping up here this weekend?

He probably is, but He was at the World Pork Expo today. Got to visit with Mike early this morning.

Boochie
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Mine is should be this afternoon... Looking forward to it!

Don't bother brother, I have uped my game in the brisket cat

Bones
06-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Scottie, one or 2 EZ Ups and a table would be great! Any sides available for the tent(s)? I can split parsely with you or Todd, whatever is easiest for you guys.

Todd, the marine cooler, a 4' table, and a light and extension cord, and a chair? That would be perfect!

I've lined up 1 Stumps, but will need a little more room than it has. Still thinking through a WSM or a BGE possibility. Coz I need to talk to you sometime about your smoker too.

Thanks again guys :-D

I can get you regular Royal Oak Briquetts, Chef Select or Lump. Ranchers, what is that stuff? It sounds like an off brand to me. As Ron stated my cooking partner works for Royal Oak. You should try the Chef Select I think you will like it.

Chris

Divemaster
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Don't bother brother, I have uped my game in the brisket cat
I didn't know that cat briskets were legal....:confused: