PDA

View Full Version : Bash Updates!!!

Bigmista
06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok what's going on out there at Bash III! Somebody get online and give us some updates!!!

Mista

kcquer
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Mista, just yahoo'd the yahoo's, Nobody appears to be online but they'll know were thinking of them when they sign on!!!

Bigmista
06-25-2004, 03:24 PM
I can only use yahoo Web messenger at work. They better have some cams up by the time I get home.

jt
06-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh well, with a 21.6 kbps connection at home I figure I'm going to miss the webcam this weekend. Looking forward to the stories & pics!

nthole
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
I can't believe Mary didn't have the courtesy to setup a webcam on blue tooth at ISLIP so we could see all the partiers getting on the bus...

Bill-Chicago
06-25-2004, 06:00 PM
We are a little slow.

Getting the web cam going now.

It started a day before usual.

And the Cabo is already flowing.

Drunken Web CAM mOD COMING SOON.

Solidkick
06-25-2004, 06:05 PM
I've been here since 4:30 waiting........impatiently.........

BBQchef33
06-25-2004, 08:45 PM
we are on line

we have a conference call going with kcquer at this time

the webcam is working but it's a bit dark and starting to rain

kcquer
06-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Sounded like you guys were havin' one hell of a good time, wish like hell I could be there to hoist one with ya and have a hunk of that prime rib. I ain't exactly miserable here, I've had my briskets on for 30 mins the pit is at 210 and its 63 degrees outside and there's not a cloud in the sky. Turned my chair to the east and had a beer and thought of y'all. Hope the rain doesn't dampen the fun. It was great to talk with you guys, although I'm not sure how many of you will remember. :lol: :mrgreen:

Bill-Chicago
06-26-2004, 03:04 AM
2:57am

Bill, Mary, and Chad = awake briskets on and such

Cabo, out at 7:30pm, Greg at 10pm ish, and TK at midnight

All light weights

We are still pouring vodka lemonades at 3am

kcquer
06-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Damn, I shoulda called you farkers. I was up at 3-4. I know Bill, you told me to but I figured after a travel day and some rain you guys would be ready to rest up.
I've been doing a basketless Al burn in the cimmaron. I just made my second fuel addition that should hold til 9am. So far I've used 1 chimney of lump/red oak chunks to start up, and a total of 3 chimneys of briq and 3 splits (2 cherry,1 hickory) to hold 215 or so for what will be 9 hours.
It's almost 8 oclock out there, time for you farkers to be at least cookin a fatty and fixin to have breakfast. I think you need a wake up call.

Bigmista
06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I tried to contact you sleepy farkers on IM but I guess your still recouperating. It's 7:30 am here on the west coast and I got something to show ya. I'm about to clean the kitchen and go back to bed.

Mista

kcquer
06-26-2004, 11:19 AM
10 hrs in and the briskets are at 150 and 154. Took them out to swap levels and probe them. Should be ready to wrap about noon.

BBQchef33
06-26-2004, 11:26 AM
called u after the reboot last night mista...

Were up and cookin 10 racks just went in the BYC..... me bill and chad dumped 2 briskets in the cooker at 2Am and did up osm ewings at 3am.... vodka lemonades did me in at 4am.. hauled my butt up ant 930, everyone was up and jabbering allready,, TKs bushy tailed and doin the cookin AND Pit Bitchin.... be back in a bit.. will fiure up cam in a few.

brucesieg
06-26-2004, 11:44 AM
called u after the reboot last night mista...

Were up and cookin 10 racks just went in the BYC..... me bill and chad dumped 2 briskets in the cooker at 2Am and did up osm ewings at 3am.... vodka lemonades did me in at 4am.. hauled my butt up ant 930, everyone was up and jabbering allready,, TKs bushy tailed and doin the cookin AND Pit Bitchin.... be back in a bit.. will fiure up cam in a few.whats up guys

Bigmista
06-26-2004, 11:50 AM
I left after the reboot. MrsMista's mom made a pot of Gumbo. Figured I'd catch you guys later.

The butts in the picture above had been in a brine since Thurs. a.m. I slathered them with mustard and made a rub of:

brown sugar
Salt
Black & Red Pepper
Chili Powder
Paprika
Ground Chile Arbol
Garlic Powder
Ground Dried Habanero
Allspice
cinnamon

The fatties are Farmer John Hot sausage.

I'm gonna go mix up a batch of fresh biscuits to have with the fatties when they are done.

Be back laterz....

Bill-Chicago
06-26-2004, 12:24 PM
4hours sleep for me

we killed that bottle of Absolut

giant hangover mod

Bigmista
06-26-2004, 01:14 PM
OK! I was jealous because I couldn't end the evening with prime rib like some folx so I decided to start the day off right!

You see why MrsMista loves me!

rbsnwngs
06-26-2004, 01:41 PM
so jealous right now
Me need bbq

chad
06-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Good looking stuff -- we pulled two fatties off a bit ago and have a 5# italian fattie going in the Klose

kcquer
06-26-2004, 02:24 PM
13 Hrs in the Cimmaron, 160 internal temp wrapped and into the oven :( went the wuss route for now. When the flat hits 200 gonna let 'em rest for 60 to 90 mins then separate the flats off for slicing and the points will be skinned and rerubbed and back in cherry smoke for a few more hours. Burnt ends at casa KC tonight :D :D It maybe 24 hours after I started cooking but I gots to have some Double Smokey Brownies.

chad
06-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, we just woke up and filled the Klose up, again!

We're still pulling ribs and one brisket is foiled and the other is hung at 150 :D

We just loaded a pork butt and two pork tenderloins and Phil's yakking about stuffing the jalapenos :twisted:

Oh yeah - the web cam is back up and running.

bbqfreak
06-26-2004, 04:13 PM
You guys cooking any goat up there?

Bigmista
06-26-2004, 04:14 PM
OK. I just turned my butts for the first time. They've been in for 6 hours and I just sprayed them. Probably foil them in about 3 more hours.

Solidkick
06-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Looking good Grasshoppas

tommykendall
06-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Turned my chair to the east and had a beer and thought of y'all.

way cool - thanks a lot

tommykendall
06-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Where the fark is BRD? Oh - and that guy Colt? Sun has set - few folks sucking tequila again, but pretty quiet overall. Musta been one hell of a night last night.

Jorge
06-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Where the fark is BRD? Oh - and that guy Colt? Sun has set - few folks sucking tequila again, but pretty quiet overall. Musta been one hell of a night last night.

Packing tape and U-Haul mod?

parrothead
06-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Phil just tried to do the deliverence mod on me.

kcquer
06-26-2004, 09:52 PM
The OL and I nearly ate this whole flat. She talked me into saving the points to do at my folks next weekend. Glad she did I'm farkin' tired. Thanks for lettin' me hang out at the Bash. Been a great weekend, glad I have tomorrow to rest up.

Bigmista
06-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Ok my butts are done and they might be some of the best ones I've ever done. Take a look...

BigAl
06-26-2004, 11:56 PM
OK Farkers, wish I were there, but while you guys are having a great time, I installed the biggest DRAIN MOD ever by a Brethen Member!

For the full story, review the updated post "Recipe for Smoked Trout?".

Big Al's Drain MOD.....Installed.

Thought I post pics of the lake drain grate that I designed which was installed today.

The grate is hinged at the top and a chain is pulled up which causes the trapped beaver cut sticks to be dumped on to the remoavable expanded metal culvert cover. The removable cover allows access to the original drain grid, if necessary.

Prior to the MOD, the owners had to drive to the lodge every couple of days, put on waders and clean out the drain grate by hand (this water is real cold, altitude is 9,000 ft) to keep the lake from overflowing.

They will still have to drive up to the lodge and pull the chain but now the sticks will dump out and then be cleaned up.

parrothead
06-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Last day at mecca. What a fun weekend. Thanks Phil! Well we cooked a little bit of everything and managed to not set ourselves on fire. That's a plus.

Nobody threw up either. Another plus.

The food and fellowship with my brothers was beyond compare. I can't wait to see the pictures when they get posted, well most of them anyway.

Something mysteriously happened to the 13 racks of ribs that were present. Doesn't matter there is way to much food going on at this place. I'm gonna have to ask the stewardess for a seat belt extender for the flight back this afternoon.

Oh , the stories that can't be told. I guess you had to be there.

It was also fun chatting with all of the brethren that couldn't make it. Sorry about the butt shots on the web cam, but that cabo wabo will make ya do stupid stuff.

Run down of the food that was cooked.
10 slabs of ribs. Some Spares and some baby backs
3 more slabs were brought by new member Will (grill King). Good stuff.
2 briskets were cooked(2 more still in the fridge)
1 butt. I know there are more of those in the fridge. Will brought some pulled pork also
1 hangar steak (don't ask new to me also)
1 prime rib roast
A mess of Dinosaur bones. ( beef short ribs) Interesting cut, but needs sauce in my opinion.
Garlic bread with all kinds of stuff on it. Good stuff Phil!
A massive pot of chili that never seemed to get smaller even though it was constantly being eaten.
Chicken Wings
Bacon wrapped scallops
Sugared pineapple
Sugared mango
100 plus turds
7 fatties. Still a couple of those in the firdge
1 big fat fattie. A 5 pound fattie made out of italian sausage and stuffed with Chipotle peppers that looked like a leaky ass when sliced but tasted much better than a leaky ass.
2 pork loins
a couple pounds of boar's head sausage
a few hotdogs here and there
Nuts on the menu consisted of cajun from texoma, habanero pistachios, and best of all was Ray's nuts.

Alright now I am hungry again. I'm gonna fire something up and eat it.

Later.

Solidkick
06-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Sorry about the butt shots on the web cam

Not a problem here! I thought it was funny, you just didn't know who ALL was the audience at the time you decided to drop trow............ :twisted:

kcquer
06-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Big Al, Great grate/ drain mod. Looks like the kind of common sense solution combined with quality work we know from your baskets. Nice job!

Phil and IT crew at the Bash, Thanks so much for the cam and chat, I would loved to have been there to shake hands with everyone and sampled some of the food but other than those two things I don't feel I missed anything else. Fellowship was in full swing through cyberspace and I REALLY enjoyed it. Hope all the Brothers have a safe trip home.

rbsnwngs
06-27-2004, 10:38 AM
i had a really good time last night and it was fun to meet everybody. I dont know how much my wife likes you guys after the bombs i was dropping last night. Speaking of bombs Phil how are you daughter and her friend doing. Have they recover from the small one on the deck.
What about that duck holy s--- ( pun intended)
The ribs you gave me to take home were good but I had to add some sauce this morning I'm a sauce type of guy i like my ribs wet. Did try a fattie for the first time last night and also had my firsrt heart attack right after. LMAO
I really enjoyed finding people who love to BBQ as much as I do and look forward to meeting more of you in the futrue.
Ate some great food and made some new friends
A BIG THANK YOU TO SHARON FOR HOSTING

Everybody have a safe trip home

parrothead
06-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Home! Great weekend! Stopped at the saloon on the way home and had 8 or so rum and diets and about a half a bottle of cabo. Yeehah!!!!!!!

TK's flight home got farked but that is for someone else to tell.

I was without camera, so I am waiting for cabo to spend a day uploading.

You guys are gonna see some really cool stuff. As far as the aprons and hats go, don't even ask. Anybody making it to the Sep. bash will get a set. After that who knows.

As far as bash bites go................. you don't want to even know. Too farking funny what an ass load of cabo will make you say. Sorry guys.

Anybody ever take a crap so big that it makes your pants fit better?

How about one with a smoke ring?

later.

hobo_pie
06-27-2004, 11:54 PM
OK... you guys had way too much fun.. and I'm jealous.... If I can make it in September I'll be there.. let me know the dates so I can keep it open... and you're right .. Sharon is a trip and a wonderful hostess... you guys didn't violate Patrick Star did you?.. he's mine..... hands off! Thanks for the nice words about my Nutz!.......really wish I could have been there....let me know about September.. I'll book a flight now....Was Yola there too?.. she's a sweetheart.. even if she is you MOL, Phil...

Ray

gary
06-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Sounds like a good time was had by all that B3...I too am jealous... the run down of the food looks like a replay of B2...way to much, but the best tasting that I ever had.
I hope everyone got home safe and the hangovers aren't to bad, Looking at the Sept. bash
but may have a prior commitment.

kcquer
06-28-2004, 07:52 AM
How about one with a smoke ring?

ROTFLMFAO....for about 30 mins now!
If you've ever taken a dump and it had a smoke ring, you just might be......
That Greg is a true classic!

Bill-Chicago
06-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Nobody threw up either. Another plus.

You mean none of us. George left a few surprises in the vegetable garden that Phils dogs snacked on Sunday morning.

And watch where you walk behind the back fence cuz Chunks, the neighbors dog, is back their.

tommykendall
06-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for lettin' me hang out at the Bash. Been a great weekend, glad I have tomorrow to rest up.

KC - thank you for hanging out so long at the Bash. Mr. Kick, Jorge, Mista, and all you other farks that kept stopping by. It was great having you.

tommykendall
06-28-2004, 08:53 AM
TK's flight home got farked but that is for someone else to tell.

Yeah - Mary got me to the airport too late. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BTW - who spammed my farking bag? :roll:

parrothead
06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
I'll give ya one guess.

chad
06-28-2004, 09:17 AM
BTW - who spammed my farking bag?

Yeah, me too! Wound up with the Hickory Smoked Spam! :D

TK, I kept looking for you and even looked at BWI -- but I think the later flight came in on the other concourse -- I was cooling my heals in B for a while.

Glad you finally go out of LI :D

tommykendall
06-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll give ya one guess.

I got the regular. I remember seeing ChiBill jump out of the trailer yesterday morning and thought to myself - "wonder what the fark he was doing in there?" Spammer.

chad
06-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I think I'm going to have to beg for a ticket to Chicago/Midway for my birthday! I'm not sure my body can stand another Bash that soon -- but damn it was fun.

A couple of times we laughed till we hurt but unfortunately most of the stuff isn't funny out of context! :D

"Blowing Chunks" has an entirely new meaning now!! Where IS the neighbor's dog!! :twisted: Poor George!

tommykendall
06-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Okay - the lowdown on my flight. We arrive at the airport at the last possible minute. Chad and I cannot figure out the best line to get in. After jumping in and out of 3 lines, we go outside to check in. It's getting too close for comfort (didn't even need a blue pill), and they cannot find my reservation. Pull the intinerary, hand it to the employee. Still cannot find it. He says - "UHH sir, you were supposed to leave Long Island Friday afternoon at 3, not today. You need to go back inside" FARK - I must have farked up my on-line reservation. In my panic all that alcohol residue from the weekend begins to seep from my pores as I run to the other line. It's now 15 minutes from flight time. They rebook me for $60 on a 6:00-ish flight but tell me to run to Chads gate and try to get stand-by. Well - airport security wasn't thrilled to see me running around trying to interrupt their operation in a panic. They pull me aside and did the TOTAL check. I run to the gate - and they cut the stand-by's off right in front of me - family of farking 5 beat me to it. So the plane pulls out. ChiBill and Parrothead (who were waiting for their flight to leave) and I call Mary and blame him. :evil: I'll called him later and cleared it up so he wouldn't have a guilt trip. Got on the 4:25 stand-by. What a trip.

chad
06-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Just an example of how much we suffer and struggle to do a Bash! :D Glad you made it home ok.

tommykendall
06-28-2004, 11:01 AM

Greg - ya forgot the breakfasts! Also more food mentioned above that wasn't cooked:

5#'s bratwurst
100+ more turds
Several whole chickens
2 french racks of lamb
several more pounds of smoked sausage
who the hell knows what else.

brucesieg
06-28-2004, 11:21 AM
i have to admit i had agreat time, and met a great bunch of guys. i will have to try and make it to chicago.
someone needs to tell me how to get rays nuts, they're awesome

chad
06-28-2004, 11:27 AM
tell me how to get rays nuts

Oh, my! :D

Bigmista
06-28-2004, 12:29 PM
...met a great bunch of guys...someone needs to tell me how to get rays nuts, they're awesome

Ummm...

I always seem to walk into the wrong conversation.

Back out of the room Mod

Mista

Stucue74
06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there. You needed more food though :)

Let's see some pics

kcquer
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
tell me how to get rays nuts

I think a search is definitely out of the question. The results would probably look a lot like Brian's inbox :shock: :lol:

chad
06-28-2004, 12:48 PM
I think Ray's webpage link it broke -- however, you should be able to get in touch at hobopie@zdial.com -- Bruce, if you read this post the address off the nutz label you skanked at the Bash! :D

chad
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I think a search is definitely out of the question

Actually, if you Google search for Ray's nutz you'll get his brothers site with links to rays nuts (broken link) and the band's page (hobopie) -- check it out.

badger
06-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Glad to read how much fun you guys had.. I wish I could have been there... one of these days.

chad
06-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Since TK is moving to SoCal soon I imagine there will be a push for a west coast bash in 2005 or so. :D

Bigmista
06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm down for a West Coast Bash!

badger
06-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Socal would be great! That would be pretty close for me!

brucesieg
06-28-2004, 04:34 PM
sent email to ray site is down, going home to mess around with some chicken. any ideas

kcquer
06-28-2004, 05:17 PM
For anyone not able to attend the Fall Bash I highly recommend you download the Yahoo stuff. Its free, and even with my dial up service it worked great. Thanks again to the attendees, you guys really made me feel welcome and involved. I had a ball! :D

hobo_pie
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey.. my current email is RayJFrick@wmconnect.com... give me a shout and I'll hook you up.....glad everyone liked my Nutz!... but I like to hear pretty women say that...

badger
06-28-2004, 06:17 PM
glad everyone liked my Nutz!... but I like to hear pretty women say that...

I am sure some of you guys looked pretty at the bash after a few hours! :twisted: :twisted: And the Cabo is already flowing. But we should keep that on the DL. :lol:

BigAl
06-28-2004, 07:17 PM

2 french racks of lamb

So Chad er..Mr Little, did you eat your portion or did you plant it in the yard?

French racks?, how did you guys keep them from running away from the pit?

Bill-Chicago
06-28-2004, 07:26 PM
i have to admit i had agreat time, and met a great bunch of guys. i will have to try and make it to chicago.

Just send a private message in this forum to ID: HoboPie

Thats Ray.

Bill-Chicago
06-28-2004, 07:33 PM

Thats Ray.

Hey look, I'm quoting myself.

I answered before I saw Ray jumped in with the correct address.

Bruce, it was great to welcome you aboard.

George, it was great to get out of your way.

Phil, it was great to see you again.

Greg, it was great to smell you again.

Chad, it was great to breath with you again.

TK, it was great to clean Phils.... with you again.

Josh, it was great to meat your dad.

Sharon, it was great to toast the color orange with you again.

And Harry..... I LOVE YOU MAN!

racer_81
06-28-2004, 08:00 PM

Thats Ray.

What? No Bobby Flay?

parrothead
06-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I think that was the first tme you smelled me.

Solidkick
06-28-2004, 08:27 PM
I think that was the first time you smelled me.

LOL, and some got to see where the smell comes from............ :oops:

kcquer
06-28-2004, 10:04 PM
LOL, and some got to see where the smell comes from............

Maybe for once being from the "Show Me State" wasn't such a good thing! :shock: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

brucesieg
06-28-2004, 10:30 PM

Thats Ray.

hey will how about that duck,still cant eat any when i rermember what we saw3 that night

What? No Bobby Flay?

brucesieg
06-28-2004, 10:31 PM
hey will how about that duck. i mean it was a pleasure to meet you but what that duck did i still wont be able to eat one again

cabo
06-28-2004, 10:40 PM
The Prodigal Son has returned (home finally)
Yup, finally made it back to Columbia about
4pm this afternoon. Saw way too many airports on the way.
I haven’t had anything even resembling meat today, and won’t (today).
I had a pretzel in Philly, a Bloody Mary in Baltimore, another Bloody Mary in Charlotte, and two more Bloody Maries in Columbia. I think my smoke ring is starting to diminish.
About the WUSS Mod on Thursday PM, I still think the sun had gone down before I went to the traaaillleerrr (for Brian), but then again I guess the sun had gone down for me what ever time I went to bed!!!!
A party of major proportions was had by all.
The adult beverages were abundant, and then some. The food was enough to feed a small starving country, if they weren’t Vegans, and had a taste for the finer things of life
Phil & I spent a good deal of time vacuum packing leftovers on Sunday.
As for the pictures I took, I think we tried to keep them “G” rated, just incase. Phil has them all on his laptop. If he doesn’t get a chance to post them soon, I will.

Last, but certainly not least.
Phil, you and Sharon are the best and the most forgiving hosts for a party I have ever met. Y’all epitomize the term hospitality, and your children are the best too, to actually put up with a bunch of drunken, cookin fools.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

And Bill, I love you too man!!
GROUP HUG!!
Looking forward to Midwest Bash. I hope!

rbsnwngs
06-29-2004, 08:04 AM
at least not the back end of one.

chad
06-29-2004, 08:43 AM
RE: Rack of lamb

If you'll re-read TKs post you'll see that the rack of lamb was one of the things WE DID NOT cook!! :D Along with the chickens, brats, etc. We still had more food than we and the neighbors could eat -- Phil and Harry wound up vacuum bagging a bunch!!

Thanks to Phil for putting this together.
Thanks to Sharon for putting up with us - especially on her anniversary weekend!! :D

Thanks to the brothers for being The Brethren!

Bill-Chicago
06-29-2004, 01:05 PM
The Prodigal Son has returned (home finally)
Yup, finally made it back to Columbia about
4pm this afternoon. Saw way too many airports on the way.
I haven’t had anything even resembling meat today, and won’t (today).
I had a pretzel in Philly, a Bloody Mary in Baltimore, another Bloody Mary in Charlotte, and two more Bloody Maries in Columbia. I think my smoke ring is starting to diminish.
About the WUSS Mod on Thursday PM, I still think the sun had gone down before I went to the traaaillleerrr (for Brian), but then again I guess the sun had gone down for me what ever time I went to bed!!!!
A party of major proportions was had by all.
The adult beverages were abundant, and then some. The food was enough to feed a small starving country, if they weren’t Vegans, and had a taste for the finer things of life
Phil & I spent a good deal of time vacuum packing leftovers on Sunday.
As for the pictures I took, I think we tried to keep them “G” rated, just incase. Phil has them all on his laptop. If he doesn’t get a chance to post them soon, I will.

Last, but certainly not least.
Phil, you and Sharon are the best and the most forgiving hosts for a party I have ever met. Y’all epitomize the term hospitality, and your children are the best too, to actually put up with a bunch of drunken, cookin fools.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

GROUP HUG!!
Looking forward to Midwest Bash. I hope!

So Cabo,
You find anything extra in your suitcase?

chad
06-29-2004, 01:17 PM
You find anything extra in your suitcase?

I'd been wondering who got the third can of Spam! :D

tommykendall
06-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Cabo got it. Since I had some time to kill at the airport, I got to wondering what the hell Bill and Greg snuck into my bag. I think they said Chad and Cabo both got some too. Knowing the Chad was already on the plane, I call Cabo at Mary's house. In my state of utter stupidity, around a huge crowd of awaiting passengers, I loudly say "Hey Cabo - I need you to go check your luggage and see if there's a surprise in there. Bill and Greg said that they snuck something in everyone's luggage. Chad is already in flight and my luggage is checked in already"

FARKING DUMB ASS - I coulda been arrested for that comment or otherwise worked over real good. :oops:

BigAl
06-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Lucky Guys, gots SPAM :!:

racer_81
06-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Lucky Guys, gots SPAM :!:

If I'd have known the door prizes were SPAM........

Bill-Chicago
06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Cabo got it. Since I had some time to kill at the airport, I got to wondering what the hell Bill and Greg snuck into my bag. I think they said Chad and Cabo both got some too. Knowing the Chad was already on the plane, I call Cabo at Mary's house. In my state of utter stupidity, around a huge crowd of awaiting passengers, I loudly say "Hey Cabo - I need you to go check your luggage and see if there's a surprise in there. Bill and Greg said that they snuck something in everyone's luggage. Chad is already in flight and my luggage is checked in already"

FARKING DUMB ASS - I coulda been arrested for that comment or otherwise worked over real good. :oops:

you jute. He was supposed to get it at home, damn it.

tommykendall
06-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry Becky - I couldn't wait. :roll:

rusold
06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Somehow I completely missed that III was last weekend. Sounds like an event to remember. I could not figure out why the site went dead for three days - how about an event mass email (with sign up)?

R

cabo
06-29-2004, 08:29 PM
What Spam?? :shock:
They must have searched my luggage at the airport and confiscated it.
Probably something about quarantining a foreign substance.
Never fear that stuff has a shelf life of about a millennium, I believe. :twisted: :lol: :lol: .

brdbbq
06-30-2004, 09:34 AM

Have to think about this a bit.

Bill-Chicago
06-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Have to think about this a bit.

Welcome brdbbq!!

Hope you enjoy the site.

Go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

parrothead
06-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Let's see some bash pics.

tommykendall
06-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Let's see some bash pics.

Thanks Greg - I was thinking the same thing. Where the fark is Mary and Cabo witht he pics. How about Broadway Bruce? Maybe they're still being edited. :oops:

Bill-Chicago
06-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Anyone try their Dales Seasoning yet?

Had boneless skinless chicken breast on the grill with dales last night.

Farking awesome.

chad
06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Not yet.

Had wings Sunday night when I got home. Left over wings and roast chicken Monday. Honeybaked Ham and Roast Turkey last night since Anne had a coupon. Taking the 21 year old out for his b'day tonight. And then I'm gearing up for the 4th of July brisket gig -- I have no idea when I'll get to the Dale's -- but soon!

Bill-Chicago
06-30-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm through a 5# trimmed flat in the Dales on Sunday morning. 3 hours in the juice should be enough.

Hope you all like it.

Courtesy of MikeG (or at least he started me on it)

Got a regular spot in my fridge (since he sent me a farking big arse jug of it :) )

brucesieg
06-30-2004, 05:17 PM
put the dales on some chicken thighs with the jalepeno jelly and sprayed with apple cider/cognac mix came out great

brucesieg
06-30-2004, 05:21 PM
im here boys, been farking around wityh all those sauces i got at the bash. got to call phil and try to get with him on learning to make some ribs. got blueshog order on the ray and i loaded the boat with rays nutz
may even try a brisket with dr pepper marinade for the 4th

imported_admin
07-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Marys back ladies..

Been busy rebuilding my laptop after it mysteriously got whacked..... :twisted:

Bash 3 pics are up.. look in the photo gallery

and i got some catching up to do.

tommykendall
07-01-2004, 07:21 AM
im here boys, been farking around wityh all those sauces i got at the bash. got to call phil and try to get with him on learning to make some ribs. got blueshog order on the ray and i loaded the boat with rays nutz
may even try a brisket with dr pepper marinade for the 4th

Go get 'em Broadway 8)

tommykendall
07-01-2004, 07:52 AM

Did we not photo the prime rib? And you farkers that sabotaged me ain't right.

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 08:53 AM

Did we not photo the prime rib? And you farkers that sabotaged me ain't right.

LOL

YOu can see how the joke built on itself.

First Spam
Then Shaeffer added
Then the Duck

Too bad the Aflack insurance sign didnt make it.

That, was funny.

BBQchef33
07-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Nuff Said.

parrothead
07-01-2004, 09:40 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 10:09 AM
I just busted out laughing.

Priceless.

Fighting Neil for the Sleep Picture Award

MikeG
07-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm not a big drinker myself, but I would be really
dissappointed if I were "drank under the table" by
a white duck!!!
MikeG

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Go check out Pic 2, I added a description, names to the faces for you folks.

We forgot the farking duck for the group photo, Sir ****salot.

parrothead
07-01-2004, 10:56 AM
That's funny.

jt
07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Ever since the pics were loaded the site has become very slow.

Hmmm....ya think we were waiting for those? :D

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 12:02 PM
That's funny.

Whats funny?

Sir ****salot or the jug of urine?

Bigmista
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
I don't know what this is but it sure looks good!

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/albums/Bash3/res36358.jpg

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/albums/Bash3/res36357.jpg

badger
07-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Ever since the pics were loaded the site has become very slow.

Hmmm....ya think we were waiting for those? :D

I think we should disable the picture function all together. :twisted:

You guys don't use them anyway! :lol:

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/images/usage.jpg

chad
07-01-2004, 12:39 PM

That's Phil's famous smoked cheese bread!! And it was as good as it looks.

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 12:45 PM

That's Phil's famous smoked cheese bread!! And it was as good as it looks.

Welcome to the 1800 club David.

Breath man, breath

parrothead
07-01-2004, 12:53 PM
That's funny.

Whats funny?

Sir ****salot or the jug of urine?

Jug of urine.

nthole
07-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Welcome to my world TK!

by the way...um did anyone notice a duck on the table behind him...was that farker alive?

Bigmista
07-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Phil!

can I get the recipe for the Cheese bread or is it in the recipe section?

mista

tommykendall
07-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Welcome to my world TK!

:oops: :oops:

It's a good thing no one pointed that ducks ass at me and gave him a squeeze. :shock:

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Welcome to my world TK!

:oops: :oops:

It's a good thing no one pointed that ducks ass at me and gave him a squeeze. :shock:

He **** all over that 12pk of Schaeffer.

Pure luck he wasn't pointed at you.

When he turned his ass towards you, Phil was nearly crying.

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Welcome to my world TK!

by the way...um did anyone notice a duck on the table behind him...was that farker alive?

Trick question, right?

We call it Sir ****salot.

The only person safe is the one hold the duck, ass out in front of him. Farker shoots **** like 8 feet

MikeG
07-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Well I recon after he **** on the 12 pack somebody
stuck a shoe up his ass.. Hope somebody remembered
to take it out when ya'll left..if not his eyes are crossed
by now.
MikeG

Bill-Chicago
07-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Mike,
It was Schaeffer.
So the **** could only improve the taste

nthole
07-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Now...did you run out of meat to q or did the duck make it through the weekend? :twisted: Cause if that duck had **** on my beer we would have had smoked duck in about 5 hours.

parrothead
07-01-2004, 06:52 PM
We kept wanting to smoke it. Phil's kids had a problem with that.

BBQchef33
07-01-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll post that cheese bread in the receipe section later... al diffwerent ways to make it. But that was the carb I couldnt resist all weekend.

man, when Tommy passed out and we set up the Spam and schaffer that was one thing.. but when the duck made it to the table and started pecking at his hat I friggin lost it.. I was setting the duck up someone else was taking the pictures(which TK deleted) from the camera, but these allready made it ot my PC. At one point the duck was noshin on some peanuts and had his ass pressed up against TK's shoulder. If he would have crapped it would have flew out in all directions. We had to get the pictures and all I kept saying was "please dont ****.. please dont ****.." ... it didnt **** on Tk.... turned around and crapped on the schaffer box... thing is, that box was about 2 feet away...

Back Pressure Mod.. or as James calls it.. projectile poop.

tommykendall
07-02-2004, 08:29 AM
LMFAO - if that mother ducker **** on my Meadow Farms BBQ shirt from Bishop, I would picked him up and ran him around squeezing him at you farkwers like a kid with a water gun.

brdbbq
07-02-2004, 08:47 AM
TK
I thought your buddies put that duck up there on purpose, guess he-she was attracted to you. :roll: So the question has got to be " Do you always pass out before getting laid ?"

brucesieg
07-02-2004, 01:34 PM
the duck was a littlke dangerous whwn in a certain position. i personally
like it when they are in a good plum sauce