PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BrickStreet BBQ - Marietta OH June 11-12

roksmith
05-12-2010, 05:12 AM
http://www.brickstreetbbq.com
Activities are heating up.. Great entertainment lined up, and don't forget the Ohio BBQ Triple Crown http://www.brickstreetbbq.com/triplecrown .
Who all is coming?

U2CANQUE
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I am in like flynn.....only have to get another 28 teams and would be an automatic qualifier, Govenor be damned

roksmith
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
we're workin' on it..
What's this I hear about you getting another pellet pooper?

U2CANQUE
05-12-2010, 04:58 PM
that was the one that I picked up to cook out in Kansas....Marietta will be my last cook on it....then just going with the Jambo.....Cowboy Dan gets to cook with that in Marietta since he drove down to pick it up in TX

U2CANQUE
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Do you know if they got any other entries?....I talked to a few teams who said they registered in the last week or so, and nothing on the site

Smokesman
05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Our registration is going in the mail this week. Looking forward to a contest in the Buckeye state!

BTW - Is it just me or is Ohio a bit behind the curve when it comes to bbq comps. Amazed there are no sanctioned events in one or all of the 3-C's. I mean we're talking three of the largest metro areas in the country???

roksmith
05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I'll see Becky tomorrow. I'll see if there are others she received. She's been updating the list as they came in I thought.

roksmith
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Our registration is going in the mail this week. Looking forward to a contest in the Buckeye state!

BTW - Is it just me or is Ohio a bit behind the curve when it comes to bbq comps. Amazed there are no sanctioned events in one or all of the 3-C's. I mean we're talking three of the largest metro areas in the country???

There used to be one in Cinci.. Don't know why Columbus and Cleveland are behind the curve.
That's why we started the Triple Crown, to help drum up interest. Maybe they'll get it together in the future.

Smokesman
05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
There used to be one in Cinci.. Don't know why Columbus and Cleveland are behind the curve.
That's why we started the Triple Crown, to help drum up interest. Maybe they'll get it together in the future.

Jim Dandy in Sharonville north of Cinci??? If so Jim Emig is still doing an "open" bbq cookoff now in its 5th year. Apparently it was sanctioned by KCBS 2 years ago but promises weren't kept and many teams left unhappy. I don't know many details as I wasn't there but I live in Cinci and know Jim. We competed in his comp last year and there was some discussion about the previous year. He is a great guy and very personable - runs a pretty good store as well. I will say though, for a small open comp, last year was nicely run and Jim seemed to be going out of his way to make everyone happy.

So what does it take to organize a BBQ competition? Seems most are in tandem with other festivities? A big state championship at the fair grounds or along the river in Columbus one day would be perfect in the state capitol. The rib part of the jazz and rib fest is pretty lame!

Red Valley BBQ
05-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Hope to get our app in the mail at the beginning of next week.

Bbq Bubba
05-12-2010, 09:56 PM
The RSS boys are coming down to play!

Lookin forward to seeing that new Jambo Rob! :thumb:

U2CANQUE
05-13-2010, 03:56 AM
The RSS boys are coming down to play!

Lookin forward to seeing that new Jambo Rob! :thumb:

grins, me too....I don't even get to pet her until Memorial Day Weekend....heading up to spend a weekend cooking on her....
Will be looking forward to see ya'll again bud.......safe travels....

roksmith
05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Danny's all excited about not having to put anything on until 4am. May be a good thing.. He needs his beauty sleep ;)

Jacked UP BBQ
05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Working hard to get this on the schedule. I am trying to find someone to come out there with me.

sfisch
05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Can you guys advise if this is on pavement or grass.

Thanks
Scott

Bbq Bubba
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Working hard to get this on the schedule. I am trying to find someone to come out there with me.

That shouldn't be hard. :twisted:

Rich Parker
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM

Thanks
Scott

Trying to determine which chair would offer the most support on the type of terrain to provide the better sleeping experience? :tape:

sfisch
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
BINGO!!

Scott

U2CANQUE
05-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Thanks
Scott

Blacktop....
Hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttt

Red Valley BBQ
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Blacktop....
Hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttt

But if every team were to bring, say, 8 ez-ups, we could BBQ on blacktop...in the shade. :-D

roksmith
05-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Here's the latest list.
Should be accurate as of Friday afternoon.

Brutus & Company - Marietta, OH
Cowboy Dan's BBQ Boys - Whipple, OH
Blacksmith Barbecue Company - Marietta, OH
Rollin Ribs - Louisville, KY
2 Worthless Nuts - Cleveland, OH
Biff's BBQ - McArthur, OH
Gettaque - Fairborn, OH
Whiskey Bent BBQ - Lakeland, FL
Rubber City Smokers - Akron, OH
Kick Back Cove Racing & BBQ - Inman, SC
Blind Squirrel BBQ - Beaver Falls, PA
Hogaholics - Dublin, OH
Powell's Up In Smoke BBQ - Pataskala, OH
District Barbeque - Columbus, OH
Rolling Smoke Barbecue - Fairborn, OH
Life Saving BBQ Team - Nelsonville, OH
Hoosier Crawdaddy - Straughn, IN
Party Pigs BBQ - Charleston, WV
Team Rine-O - Coshocton, OH
Timothy T & BBQ Hi-Rollers - Lewis Center, OH
Red Valley BBQ - Oil City, PA

roksmith
05-17-2010, 07:55 AM
The Ohio River Ratz BBQ from Gallipolis, OH is in. That's 22.

roksmith
05-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Bronze Star BBQ from Kettering, OH is in. 23 and counting!!

Spydermike72
05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Check is in the mail for RSS, we will be flying the Maize and Blue Proudly!!

U2CANQUE
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
:becky:Check is in the mail for RSS, we will be flying the Maize and Blue Proudly!!

reservation for one team, cow pasture, freshly utilized.....no, you know better than that, all ya'll can just kiss my Carolina Blue arse:boxing:

Bbq Bubba
05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
:becky:

reservation for one team, cow pasture, freshly utilized.....no, you know better than that, all ya'll can just kiss my Carolina Blue arse:boxing:

I am seeing a huge Wolverines magnet on that fresh flame job. :boxing:

U2CANQUE
05-18-2010, 12:41 PM
I am seeing a huge Wolverines magnet on that fresh flame job. :boxing:

hey hey hey, dont make me send the next "money order" wrapped in the special seasoned wrapper.....he he he.....
and though the Jambo will be there, I am closing up the history on the FEC...so my last contest is Marietta as a pellet cooker......my team mate is cooking under his old team name on the jambo...grins....hard to see a little MI sticker makin it there....grins, now we just got it to being a MUDDY, and poopie field placement for ya.....grins, now just to get that Ruphie into your mixed drink....:boxing:

U2CANQUE
05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I sent a request to Becky, asking that all teams from North of it does not matter where are all placed in the suburb of Marietta.....aka, WV.......

Red Valley BBQ
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I sent a request to Becky, asking that all teams from North of it does not matter where are all placed in the suburb of Marietta.....aka, WV.......

Now what just one minute here...why do all the teams from the North have to be punished???:mad:

roksmith
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Not all states up North.. only that one. :)

Bbq Bubba
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Not all states up North.. only that one. :)

So this is how ya'll wanna play? :boxing:

All you pellet poopers have to sleep sometime. :twisted:

U2CANQUE
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
So this is how ya'll wanna play? :boxing:

All you pellet poopers have to sleep sometime. :twisted:

And the best part is that it is with all the Brotherly Love possible.......grins, looking forward to actually showing you guys the same hospitality that was shown to me when I came up.....

Spydermike72
05-19-2010, 07:09 AM
This should be fun!!

roksmith
05-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Regal BBQ, from East Amherst, NY has decided to join us. that's 24.

roksmith
05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Wrangler BBQ from Whipple, OH
and
Rubbed Smoked & Sauced from Flushing, MI are in (25 and 26).
Welcome to the game guys!!

Smokesman
05-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Velvet Smoke from Cincinnati and Columbus will be there (27)! App in the mail today. Looks like a lot of brethren will be there dukin' it out.

roksmith
05-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Little Creek Bar-B-Cue Company from Bangor, PA
and Shoe String BBQ from Moyock, NC are in!!

Looks like we'll be using the overflow area..
Great!!!

Smokesman
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Overflow area surface? Will all teams be on concrete/blacktop as previously stated. Planning for it but curious. Thanks, SM.

roksmith
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
All teams will still be on the pavement. We have a neighboring lot we can expand into.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-24-2010, 12:29 PM
3eyz is in. Application on the way - for real this time :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
3eyz is in. Application on the way - for real this time :icon_blush:

It is ok Dan, I have already requested that you be placed out in the "other" downtown area, right next to BB-Queties ketchup laden restaurant...should only be about a mile and a half walk to turn-ins...:heh:...
Glad you were able to narrow down your weekend events.....I mean I would have rather had you been stuck in Baltimore, but, hey, in order to get better, ya gotta cook against the best....welcome aboard....

roksmith
05-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Folks, we appear to now be an International affair...
Can't Stop Grillin' from Puslinch, ON has signed up.

Bbq Bubba
05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Sweet!3eyz is in. Application on the way - for real this time :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
05-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Folks, we appear to now be an International affair...
Can't Stop Grillin' from Puslinch, ON has signed up.

Really glad to see the Mr. Brown is heading into the contest..:thumb:..a great guy.....see, some good PR work from other teams is paying off as well.....

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=U2CANQUE;1291000] but, hey, in order to get better, ya gotta cook against the best...QUOTE]

So Myron's in? :eusa_clap

roksmith
05-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Nah.. not yet.. but I hear Rob has some nice new muffin pans to break in :)

U2CANQUE
05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=U2CANQUE;1291000] but, hey, in order to get better, ya gotta cook against the best...QUOTE]

So Myron's in? :eusa_clap

:tape: we had that talk, and on the same page.....:doh:.....and besides, this is a class contest....well, except for those boys from Michigan...:boxing::boxing:

U2CANQUE
05-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Nah.. not yet.. but I hear Rob has some nice new muffin pans to break in :)
nah, just going to replace a butter bath with a mustard bath...he he he:crazy:....heard that goes well at contests....:heh:

Jacked UP BBQ
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I am working hard to come. I hope Roc city does well for me. I will make the trip if I leave there with a smile!!!!! Chit, I gotta bring Rob the money I owe him sometime.

U2CANQUE
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I am working hard to come. I hope Roc city does well for me. I will make the trip if I leave there with a smile!!!!! Chit, I gotta bring Rob the money I owe him sometime.

Brother, you brought the trailer, and cooker, and hell, laughing, I even used more than a little of the ummmmmmmm, top secret competition sauce.......dont sweat the small stuff at all, it was all worth it.....and I look forward to flying out sometime and cooking up in your neck of the woods...
Sending the good mojo for weather in Rochester so that you can, with a TRUSTED crew, get that covered.....bring the girls, Nicole will be bringing her son (10 years old) so that we can go broke together.....he he he

roksmith
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Big Ken's BBQ from Waynoka, OK, and
Chix, Swine & Bovine Bbq. from Columbia, MD are in.

The Pigman
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Plain and simple You dont play by the KCBS rules you dont get to play at all. Jim didnt play right.

Jim Dandy in Sharonville north of Cinci??? If so Jim Emig is still doing an "open" bbq cookoff now in its 5th year. Apparently it was sanctioned by KCBS 2 years ago but promises weren't kept and many teams left unhappy. I don't know many details as I wasn't there but I live in Cinci and know Jim. We competed in his comp last year and there was some discussion about the previous year. He is a great guy and very personable - runs a pretty good store as well. I will say though, for a small open comp, last year was nicely run and Jim seemed to be going out of his way to make everyone happy.

So what does it take to organize a BBQ competition? Seems most are in tandem with other festivities? A big state championship at the fair grounds or along the river in Columbus one day would be perfect in the state capitol. The rib part of the jazz and rib fest is pretty lame!

The Pigman
05-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Good luck to all ....Bubba and Rob wish you luck.

beardjp
05-26-2010, 01:17 AM
:clap2:Wow!!! This is shaping up into some type of affair. I am looking forward to a great weekend.:cool:

roksmith
05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Things are about to get a little more interesting in little old Marietta.
Announcement will be made tomorrow :-D

..I just can't help myself :icon_blush:

Bbq Bubba
05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Tease. Things are about to get a little more interesting in little old Marietta.
Announcement will be made tomorrow :-D

..I just can't help myself :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Tease.

no bubba, this is a bbq contest not prom night.....:heh:

Bbq Bubba
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Thought it was a bake sale with all the cupcakes coming. :)

U2CANQUE
05-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Thought it was a bake sale with all the cupcakes coming. :)
he he he, I think I read a different roster list than you then....grins....oh wait, there is that team from MI..:boxing:..I think somehow they may be affiliated with some kind of BBQ rub/sauce sales company or something....just wish that they were sponsored by something like Jack Daniels.....

Spydermike72
05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
..just wish that they were sponsored by something like Jack Daniels.....

So do we!!!

roksmith
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Alrighty folks.
We're official!!
As of yesterday, the BrickStreet BBQ has been officially designated a State Championship by the Governor of Ohio.

We have decided to extend the sign-up deadline in light of the new development until June 4th.

We are still going to limit to 50 teams because of space issues, so if you want in, let Becky know and get your form and fees in quickly!!

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!

Smokesman
05-28-2010, 11:32 AM
That is great news! Is the team list current on the website? I count 33 currently.

So my understanding is for a State Championship event the GC from this event gets into the lottery for the Jack. How does it work with the Royal? Sharing this designation with Kettering is the higher point GC named Ohio State Champ afterwards or do the GC's both get to share this title? Is there even a title for Ohio State Champ?

beardjp
05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Each of the three sanctioned competitions (Marietta, Kettering, Nelsonville), are considered state championships which makes them qualifiers for The Jack and the American Royal if they get more than 25 teams. As far as an Ohio Champion, there is the newly established Ohio BBQ Triple Crown Series. More information at http://www.brickstreetbbq.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38

roksmith
05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
That is great news! Is the team list current on the website? I count 33 currently.

So my understanding is for a State Championship event the GC from this event gets into the lottery for the Jack. How does it work with the Royal? Sharing this designation with Kettering is the higher point GC named Ohio State Champ afterwards or do the GC's both get to share this title? Is there even a title for Ohio State Champ?

The list on the site should be current. A few more may have emailed to tell us it's in the mail, but I believe that's what she has received so far.

The Jack and Royal are kind of a mystery to me, but my understanding is that the GC from each event will be "in the draw".

roksmith
05-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Great Lakes BBQ & Brew Crew from Rocky River, OH
Hoosier Smokin' Daddy from West Harrison, IN
3Eyz BBQ from Owings Mills, MD
are all in

Up to 35 by my count.

Welcome folks!!

U2CANQUE
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
That is awesome! Glad that it is a case of better late than never....looking forward to seeing everyone there.....

Smokesman
06-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Rok,

Quick question for you. About what time do you expect meat inspection to be next weekend? Doesn't say anywhere on the website...unless I'm blind. Thanks!

roksmith
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
last I heard, they were going to hand everybody a ribbon when they came in.. once you get setup, hang your ribbon and they'll stop by.
I imagine they will start them Friday morning.. but I'm not sure.

sfisch
06-06-2010, 11:12 AM
roksmith,
whats the team count up to now?

Scott

Smokesman
06-06-2010, 03:34 PM
the count on the brickstreet website shows 35 names. see y'all in a week!

Bbq Bubba
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Anybody need anything, place your order by Thursday, opt for local pick-up and save some cash on shipping costs. :thumb:

We've added a lot of new products lately, including disposable cutting boards.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Anybody need anything, place your order by Thursday, opt for local pick-up and save some cash on shipping costs. :thumb:

Brilliant! Order placed :clap2:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Can I get in this comp still? I want to make the trip!!!

U2CANQUE
06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
yes indeed.....

fordfanaw
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
who we need to get a hold of rob? I called and emailed the contact numbers today but got nothing. we are trying so maybe smokem if you gotem bbq might be there, we sure hope to.

roksmith
06-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Looks like there are a few still trying to get in. I'll call Becky this morning to make sure she's still accepting entries. I imagine if you call in today with a CC number and email or fax you entry form you should be accepted. But I will verify with the office.

roksmith
06-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Also.. if you are planning on coming in Thursday evening, please let someone know. We plan on having someone onsite until all of the early arrivals are situated.

Rok

roksmith
06-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Just confirmed it with the organizers.
They ARE still accepting last minute entries.
Call or email Becky at colonytheatre@suddenlinkmail.com
She will let you know how to get in.

U2CANQUE
06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Just confirmed it with the organizers.
They ARE still accepting last minute entries.
Call or email Becky at colonytheatre@suddenlinkmail.com
She will let you know how to get in.

Come on folks, get them in....it is looking like a great contest....I know that last year the event organizers tried their best to take care of the teams as much as possible...

Also, it seems like they wanted to have a pot luck, so, if anyone is interested, lets get something together....theme?.....ideas??

Jacked UP BBQ
06-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I just emailed Becky, I will make the official announcement when I hear back from her.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
It's official, Jacked up BBQ will be there.

U2CANQUE
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
It's official, Jacked up BBQ will be there.
about time you got off your arse and made that move....:clap2:

Bbq Bubba
06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Pretty good list of teams!

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones! :thumb:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Its a hell of a drive and truly I am not looking forward to it, but I will be there and know I will be happy when I see your smiling face sweetheart!

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Are you driving thurs night or leaving early in the morning?

U2CANQUE
06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Its a hell of a drive and truly I am not looking forward to it, but I will be there and know I will be happy when I see your smiling face sweetheart!
You will say anything for an ice cold bud light won't ya?:wink:

Smokesman
06-08-2010, 06:16 AM
38 teams and some great competition. Looking like it's going to be a hot one though with temps approaching 90 and humidity. Going to be a great competition. See y'all in a few days!

roksmith
06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Looks like we're in for a nice weekend for some serious competition and socializing. Quite an upgrade from last year's event.
Folks, please keep in mind that the organizers here are still very green and still very much in the learning curve. There may be a snag or two, but they are very receptive to help and advice in ways to make the event better.
Hoping to use this year as a building block for an even bigger and better event in the years to come.

It will be great to see all of you this weekend. I won't be hard to find. I'll have the 8 foot inflatable Brutus on the top of the trailer.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Pretty good list of teams!

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones! :thumb:

I hope you are not looking to make friends with me:boxing:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Are you driving thurs night or leaving early in the morning?

I have not decided yet. What about you guys? I am trying to come with just my truck with everything in the bed, but I know that won't work out.

Spydermike72
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
It will be great to see all of you this weekend. I won't be hard to find. I'll have the 8 foot inflatable Brutus on the top of the trailer.

Excellent, can get some target practice in while I am down in Nut country... :boxing::becky:

U2CANQUE
06-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Excellent, can get some target practice in while I am down in Nut country... :boxing::becky:
Now that is funny, I dont care who you are......:thumb:
Mike, getting ready to place order on your site, do like before?....check pick up, and then just put notation of "Bring me my stuff or I will cut all of your tires"......:boxing:

roksmith
06-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Well it will be an impressive shot. We're putting you in the alternate-alternate lot. It will be on the other side of the river at the Williamstown boat ramps :doh:

Smokesman
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Yes - a loyal buckeye here and that was damn funny!

Bbq Bubba
06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I hope you are not looking to make friends with me:boxing:

No. I have no reason to meet another cupcake. :cool:

Bbq Bubba
06-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Mike, getting ready to place order on your site, do like before?....check pick up, and then just put notation of "Bring me my stuff or I will cut all of your tires"......:boxing:

Order what ya like Rob but i'm replacing all your orders with that Jacked Up BBQ rub. :twisted:

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I have not decided yet. What about you guys? I am trying to come with just my truck with everything in the bed, but I know that won't work out.

Dan and Traci will prob leave Thurs night, they have family out there. Depending on work, I leave late Thurs or early Fri. Hate when it gets in the way.

One truck? Ambitious to say the least.

Spydermike72
06-09-2010, 07:09 AM

That should work...:thumb:

Spydermike72
06-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Well it will be an impressive shot. We're putting you in the alternate-alternate lot. It will be on the other side of the river at the Williamstown boat ramps :doh:

Man, I hope Bubba can run fast and make all of our turn ins!! :becky:

roksmith
06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
He'll be fine. Shouldn't be more than a 15 minute walk.

..each way
.. up hill
.. both ways

He can thank you for threatening Brutus.:mad2:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Order what ya like Rob but i'm replacing all your orders with that Jacked Up BBQ rub. :twisted:

Please don't do that, you might give them the edge!!!!!:laugh:

roksmith
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
One other quick thing.
Since we are going to utilize an overflow lot, a handful of teams will be slightly seperated from the main competitor's village. If any teams predict that they will want to leave quickly after the results, the overflow lot will be easier to get out of. We're only putting 7 teams in the overflow lot, but if anybody knows now that they will want to get out quickly afterwards, let me know and we'll go ahead and put you in the overflow lot.

U2CANQUE
06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Please don't do that, you might give them the edge!!!!!:laugh:
Lil Ol Me??? Why I need all the help I can get.....I mean dang, I am still a newbie at all this cooking meat stuff.....:pray:.....I just try to cook so that I dont make those great judges who are volunteering their time to eat all the other teams good BBQ sick.....well, and to not get disqualified.....:doh:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
How far exactly is slightly seperated?

U2CANQUE
06-09-2010, 11:14 AM
lol.....dont worry, we will make sure they leave the nite light on for ya over there....he he he.....

Bbq Bubba
06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
How far exactly is slightly seperated?

How bout we just put the Brethren teams overthere so as everybody else can have their quiet time. :twisted:

We would like to be put there for easy escape access. Long drive home mod.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm usually gone about 5 minutes after awards, so as long as the overflow lot has power and water I'll take it. Does that mean we have some extra room too?

And don't be putting me close to Jacked up, I have to see him enough at comps :-P

U2CANQUE
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
:heh:How bout we just put the Brethren teams overthere so as everybody else can have their quiet time. :twisted:

We would like to be put there for easy escape access. Long drive home mod.

Not that you would be a bad thing to have you as far away as possible.....he he he, but, I won't exactly be sleeping too much from what I hear.....you know making sure that all of the out of towners dont get into too much trouble....

roksmith
06-09-2010, 12:44 PM
The extra lot that we are planning on using actually touches corners with the main lot.. just on the vendor/stage side. Teams there will be about the same distance from the judge's tent as the rest.

I'm going this evening to measure and begin to mark the extra lot. It will only have about 7 spaces in it, so putting all the Brethren there isn't an option... too farking many!

I'll tentatively put down RSS and 3Eyez as extra lot teams, but will verify the amount of space along with water and electric availability this evening and post when I get done. I believe we have one other who has already expressed an interest in the lot.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I will take the extra lot also. I want to be nice and close to 3eyz and get the fark out of there QUICK

U2CANQUE
06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I want to be nice and close to 3eyz
Dont ask, dont tell.....:tape:

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Dont ask, dont tell.....:tape:

I will be setting up cameras as he does his ribs. Dan can I just farking taste one??? Or are you scared!!!! hahahaha:laugh:

Red Valley BBQ
06-09-2010, 07:27 PM
We would like to be in the overflow lot if possible. We will be arriving after 4pm and will be leaving after the awards.

roksmith
06-09-2010, 08:22 PM
We have 8 slots in the overflow lot and we will be filling it up. It does have a generator and will have water. Bring extension cords and water hoses and Ys to reach back to the power and the water line.

Alright, so we now have Velvet Smoke, RSS, 3Eyes, Jacked Up, and Red Valley in the overflow lot. We will be putting 3 more in there. If we get requests, they will go in, otherwise we'll use the last 3 spot when we need to.

I'll be checking this board once more tomorrow morning for any other overflow lot requests. Any requests beyond that should be sent to Becky. I'll try to keep her up to date with the number of available spots.

roksmith
06-10-2010, 04:44 AM
consider it checked...

I'll send the current list to the office. Anybody else wanting in there will have to call the office or email Becky.

See you all later today, or tomorrow

Rok

Smokesman
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
consider it checked...

I'll send the current list to the office. Anybody else wanting in there will have to call the office or email Becky.

See you all later today, or tomorrow

Rok

Thanks Rok for providing so much help and information here. Going to be a good one this weekend. Just wish it wasn't going to be so darn hot and humid. Lot's of Brethren to meet this weekend. Safe travels everyone!

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Yay, rain. :clap2:

Friday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds around 5 mph...becoming south in the afternoon.

Friday Night...Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Not as cool with lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Saturday...Partly sunny with a chance of showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Jacked UP BBQ
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I love the RAIN and WIND (dover mod)! It is no question which beast to bring! Spicewine represent baby!

U2CANQUE
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
see, one of these days you will gain confidence in the ol FEC....telling ya, battery, inverter, rain be damned in the insulated beast.....
looking forward to it!

Bbq Bubba
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
see, one of these days you will gain confidence in the ol FEC....telling ya, battery, inverter, rain be damned in the insulated beast.....
looking forward to it!

Except for them pesky Wolverines gnawing on your extension cord. :roll:

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I love the RAIN and WIND (dover mod)! It is no question which beast to bring! Spicewine represent baby!

Oh man, got to reach all the way from last year! This is going to be a fun weekend.:laugh:

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
BRING ON YOUR WORST, I mean after Seaside Heights last year (and the Tropical Storm the year before in WV), I ain't skeered.

I just hate driving in that crap! Hoping to pull in late morning.

sfisch
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Heck, I can sleep thru anything.
Bubba gets mad when I let the Lang go out.
I figure I cook chicken, or I make an attempt to cook chicken but whatever, I don't need to be up til daylight!

Scott

U2CANQUE
06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Except for them pesky Wolverines gnawing on your extension cord. :roll:\

Grins....no cords this weekend babbbbbbbbbbbby.......:heh:........will be sitting up from 2am on.....looking forward to it, have heard that the parking lot is already rocking tonight......
safe travels all!