PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle this?

HBMTN
05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I have a client who wants to book me for 150 people. He says there might be 175-200 people there but 30 or so of them won't be eating. He wants to pay for 150 that he says will be eating. Now I set up a buffet and let the guests make thier own plates and if they want 2nds let them come back. But how am I going to deterime if 180 are eating instead of 150. It is a bachlor party. How should I handle this?

landarc
05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Option 1-Give him the price for 150 people, make sure your price is good for a profit. And let him know that you are bringing enough food for 150 only. When the food is gone, it is gone and so are you.

Option 2-Give him a price to feed 180 and tell him that since there is no way for you to monitor who is eating how much, you cannot provide food for a partial group. That you have this price to do his full event.

txschutte
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Everyone is an eater. Just count on it. Figure enough food for 180 people, charge for 180, and let the client know you're cooking for 150. Just lead it off as larger portion size due to the type of guests (ALL men?).

Someone else might have a better solution, but I'm at a loss here.

HBMTN
05-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I like your idea Txschutte but I gave him a per person price before he let me know about the extra guests. I am thinking cook for 150 like I would if that were the total and I will make my normal profit from this amount of food and if more are eating it I will only be out of the cost of plates and utensils if more are eating it, and like Landarc said when it's gone so am I.

Ford
05-11-2010, 09:13 PM
1. plates for the number and no more.
2. No seconds unelss he want to pay for extra plates at full cost. Plates are not reusable here in MI.
3. Don't like it try somebody else.

Option 2 - here's a quote for food for 150 people. I'll delvier and leave. How it's consumed is up to you. If you don't think it's wnough for 150 drunks I can add to it and give you a new quote.

Bachelor party and I'm there and the entertaiment better take care of the Pitmaster.