PDA

View Full Version : Took second place this weekend in brisket

bigracksbbq
05-11-2010, 11:45 AM
In our second cookoff, at the Grapvine Elks Lodge Cookoff. Our first cookoff we did 7th in ribs and 7th in brisket out of about 90 teams.

Jacked UP BBQ
05-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I am having a real hard time looking at the BBQ!!!!!:-D

Markbb
05-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks like a great time and everything looks good....

barbefunkoramaque
05-11-2010, 11:58 AM
the owner can't even drop me a line - nice

lcbateman3
05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
There was BBQ?

Na congrats! Looks great!

landarc
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
This just seems like shameless marketing, next time I am in Dallas, I am gonna find the owner and complain. Just after I eat some of that brisket.

There was a photo of brisket right?

bigracksbbq
05-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I am the owner, in the pic slicing the brisket.

barbefunkoramaque
05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
yes i know - once again, you have not contacted me.

landarc
05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I am the owner, in the pic slicing the brisket.
Well, I figured that, I was gonna talk to the waitresses first, then maybe get around to the owner, after double checking with the waitresses again.

big matt
05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
i just realized your logo!..I was sitting at the same table as your partner Greg at Myron's class at the end of Febuary..i still have his card..and those chicks are smokin hot just like he told me!

el_matt
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Congratulations. Ain't nothing wrong with any of those pics!!!

Matt

Captain Dave
05-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I love big racks!

barbefunkoramaque
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
his Q looks the same as my q when I ran my barbecue/sexycollege girls biz. and for the same reason. If you make q to compete against another guys q there is only going to be marginal improvement - make Q that looks good enough to ignore the thought of licking every inch of your waitress until next tuesday then you are going to have a better product.

Make it difficult to chose between your Q and the hot nubile college girl that serves it and you have great q.

I am bitter that the only Job I have been offered lately was pitmaster of this new place called Twin Peaks (similar theme). I didn't even apply, they just "found" me. I can;t take the job for obvious reasons (My Christian Charity Foundation at my Church and my trying to get hired as a teacher) so its frustrating.

Scottie
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Would some of your team like to travel up to KC for the GAB? I've been looking for some runners!!! I mean... If you wanted tio come as well, that would be OK too... ;)

MattCom
05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
motorboat!

KC_Bobby
05-11-2010, 01:24 PM
his Q looks the same as my q when I ran my barbecue/sexycollege girls biz. and for the same reason. If you make q to compete against another guys q there is only going to be marginal improvement - make Q that looks good enough to ignore the thought of licking every inch of your waitress until next tuesday then you are going to have a better product.

Make it difficult to chose between your Q and the hot nubile college girl that serves it and you have great q.

I am bitter that the only Job I have been offered lately was pitmaster of this new place called Twin Peaks (similar theme). I didn't even apply, they just "found" me. I can;t take the job for obvious reasons (My Christian Charity Foundation at my Church and my trying to get hired as a teacher) so its frustrating.

I believe God gave us Twin Peaks and Big Racks ... well, maybe not that exact set we saw in the picture - but in the grand scheme of things they are part of God's creation.

Would some of your team like to travel up to KC for the GAB? I've been looking for some runners!!! I mean... If you wanted tio come as well, that would be OK too... ;)

Ditto on that

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
OMG!!!! nice brisket...or something...

big brother smoke
05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Drool worthy!

bigracksbbq
05-11-2010, 02:41 PM

Twin peaks owner is my neighbor, small world.

barbefunkoramaque
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
It was neither Scott or Randy (If Scott even is involved anymore,) some guy that's heading up the Houston Penetration. Hold it.. is penetration a good word?

Rich Parker
05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Congrats on the walk

Amen!

whodeyQ
05-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Second place in brisket, first place in beauty contest, doesn't get much better than that. :clap2:

monty3777
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I believe God gave us Twin Peaks and Big Racks ... well, maybe not that exact set we saw in the picture - but in the grand scheme of things they are part of God's creation.

Looks like Bob has found the Lord. Nice!!!

LoneStarTom
05-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Wow, I don't know what's hotter, those beautiful women or that really cool pit you're cooking 8-) Congrats!!

BRBBQ
05-11-2010, 07:55 PM
WOW!!! Is it everything bigger inTexas, or better in Texas? I'll be down there in JUNE:becky:

bigracksbbq
05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow, I don't know what's hotter, those beautiful women or that really cool pit you're cooking 8-) Congrats!!

Been very happy with the pit so far. Hopefully we can send some customers your way, had a ton of people checking out our rig.

JD McGee
05-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Congrats on your walk brother smoker...see...at least SOMEONE here is on topic(wife looking over shoulder mod)...:becky::twisted: