PDA

View Full Version : talk about jumping thru hoops

we'll smoke u
05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Well I finely got my vending permit for Fremont, Ne. thought I would vend acouple days a week will I'm building the store. Man this has got to be the tuffest place I have gotten a permit.

Things needed
1. Back ground check on Jackie and I
2. proof of insurance with them as a rider on it
3. proof that I'm a legal American
4. Fed tax #
5. proof of health inspection
6. state tax #
7. Parking lot drawing
8. Written permission from property owner
9. 25.00

I have pulled permits in several city but this was the worst.

bbqbull
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Congrats for getting certified but I am kind of miffed on some of the requirements.

I am not and nor will I ever be but associated closely with HD rules for our little community where we feed a few thousand folks per year, been doing it for a number of years
Never heard of # 1,3,7 and 8.
What the heck is up with that?

Bbq Bubba
05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
This is what the city required?

You got off easy. I WISH the municipalities around here were that simple. :tsk:

and cheap.

we'll smoke u
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
all of the cities I have pulled permits in only needed health inspection-insurance-permission to vend on the property.

Bull Fremont is really pushing the line on undocumented people, the require I believe a back ground check to rent a dwelling and many other things i'm shure.

Loved the price thats for a full year but you have to stay at that location if you change you have to pay for the next one.

Bbq Bubba
05-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Most of the cities have shut me out here. None allow a "mobile" vendor and none allow 1 to sit in 1 spot all year.
I could approach the planning commissions to plead my case to the tune of $7-800.00 and they MIGHT allow it.
Mainly the reason i decided to stay workin as a restaurant pitmaster this year. :rolleyes:

southernsmoker
05-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Sounds pretty much standard.

Jacked UP BBQ
05-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Very standard and I believe not tough enough. The harder and more thorough the application process, the less people who will do it. It will keep business more honest and keep the scabs out. I like tough requirements. If you are legit it will keep you protected.

we'll smoke u
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Most of the cities have shut me out here. None allow a "mobile" vendor and none allow 1 to sit in 1 spot all year.
I could approach the planning commissions to plead my case to the tune of $7-800.00 and they MIGHT allow it.
Mainly the reason i decided to stay workin as a restaurant pitmaster this year. :rolleyes:

Sounds like we have it pretty easy here in Nebraska I may need to keep my mouth shut.LOL

txschutte
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Very standard and I believe not tough enough. The harder and more thorough the application process, the less people who will do it. It will keep business more honest and keep the scabs out. I like tough requirements. If you are legit it will keep you protected.
I wished Lex and Cozad had anything in place. You'd be scared to see some of the Roach Coaches here.

Neal
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Scott - where are are going to set up and what days?
Next time we come home I would live to stop by on my way to North Bend.

we'll smoke u
05-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Neal long time no talk I rented the biulding just north of Arby's, 2204 North Bell St. We will be vending at that location on Sat and may be one day during the week until I get the remodle done on the building. Looking at sometime in July still waiting on my drawings to be done, He said next mon for shure. I hope he's write i'm chomping at the bit to get started.

wannchef
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I live in Rural Ashland, NE I look forward to meeting you and eating your Q. Good luck! :clap2:

we'll smoke u
05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Look forward to meeting you wannchef we are from Valley I have spent alot of time in Ashland for the kids sports. Your welcome anytime.