PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Red, White and BBQ, Westmont IL - May 29 & 30

Ron_L
05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
We've been discussing the Ranchers Reserve Briskets at the Westmont, IL comp, but I didn't see an official Roll Call, so here it is.

Who's in from the Brethren?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there!

For the Brethren teams we will have Roastin' Ronnie's coffee on Saturday morning. Assuming that I am up at my normal time the coffee should be ready by 6:30. Please stop by for a cup!

We're also trying something new this year. Based on popular demand :-D I will have a limited number of 12oz bags of fresh roasted Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for sale at the competition for $10 per bag. The coffee will be my choice (in other words, whatever I decide to roast that week) but will always be fresh. You may see one of my custom blends or you may see an interesting single origin coffee from one of the world's top growing regions. You just never know :-D The coffee will be whole bean.

I will have some bags of coffee at the Wisconsin Dells competition (assuming that the latest issues are worked out with the organizers).

billm
05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
We've been discussing the Ranchers Reserve Briskets at the Westmont, IL comp, but I didn't see an official Roll Call, so here it is.

Who's in from the Brethren?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there!

For the Brethren teams we will have Roastin' Ronnie's coffee on Saturday morning. Assuming that I am up at my normal time the coffee should be ready by 6:30. Please stop by for a cup!

We're also trying something new this year. Based on popular demand :-D I will have a limited number of 12oz bags of fresh roasted Roastin' Ronnie's coffee for sale at the competition for $10 per bag. The coffee will be my choice (in other words, whatever I decide to roast that week) but will always be fresh. You may see one of my custom blends or you may see an interesting single origin coffee from one of the world's top growing regions. You just never know :-D The coffee will be whole bean.

I will have some bags of coffee at the Wisconsin Dells competition (assuming that the latest issues are worked out with the organizers).
I will see you there Ron

Stoke&Smoke
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Ron, do you mean who's in the Ranchers Reserve piece, or who's going period?

We'll be there Friday, and we will be trying the RR brisket

Looks like they're almost full! As of 5/5 they say there are only 5 slots left

Bud's BBQ
05-10-2010, 09:10 AM
We're in. See everyone there.
w & t

Ron_L
05-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Who's going to Westmont.

Divemaster
05-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the comp start on Saturday the 29th?

That's when we are planning on getting there....

Ron_L
05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Remember, Dive... It takes Dann a while to setup. They'll also be pulling out on Monday. :-D :becky: :becky: :becky:

Brew-B-Q
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Brew-B-Q will be there. May come up Friday night, but most likely Saturday morning. I will try to not lock the keys in my truck at the gas station on the way like I did last year.

Scottie
05-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I'll probably go.... I want to beat traffic and will probably pull in on Friday...

Taking up a collection, so I can have a side bet with Jorge... This year, I am betting him I can finish in the top 20... Seeing I barely cracked the top 25 last year...

Scottie
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Remember, Dive... It takes Dann a while to setup. They'll also be pulling out on Monday. :-D :becky: :becky: :becky:

Monday? I was thinking more like Wednesday. You know Ron. It does take a while to do plumbing work. That kitchen sink is difficult to assemble and then tear down...

Jorge
05-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll probably go.... I want to beat traffic and will probably pull in on Friday...

Taking up a collection, so I can have a side bet with Jorge... This year, I am betting him I can finish in the top 20... Seeing I barely cracked the top 25 last year...

No way, unless the defending champ comes back:-P:becky:

Scottie
05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
No way, unless the defending champ comes back:-P:becky:

Oh hell yeah he is coming back. I need my shipment of crawfish and boudain that he will be bringing me...

Jorge
05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh hell yeah he is coming back. I need my shipment of crawfish and boudain that he will be bringing me...

let me give it some thought:becky:

Scottie
05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I used to like you... :shock::becky:

Stoke&Smoke
05-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Monday? I was thinking more like Wednesday. You know Ron. It does take a while to do plumbing work. That kitchen sink is difficult to assemble and then tear down...

Funny guys!
No, we figured it'd be much less stress to just arrive early (that'd be Friday) And get setup out of the way.

And no, we will not be leaving Monday! Although I believe that Chris, one of the organizers is allowing folks to stay Sunday night, if they want, and get a fresh start Monday going home. When we spoke to him at the judges class last February, he said he was stoked about the band they were trying to get for Sunday, and wanted folks to be able to stay should they desire. I don't know if they were able to work that out though, although Scottie might

I think you'll find us a bit more streamlined this year, although the creature comforts do need to come along.

Scottie
05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
You can stay Sunday, I am not sure if they will have the generator going? Honestly, I don't remember what was discussed in the committee meeting on that subject.

Scottie
05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
You're on Jorge.... :becky:

Jorge
05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
You're on Jorge.... :becky:

It's a bet!:becky:

Scottie
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
It's a bet!:becky:

Man, for my sake.. I hope judging is close... I have history on my side... :doh:

Scottie
05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I have been informed that the contest is officially sold out. Hopefully everyone that was planning on going has their application in...

If not, please contact me and I will sell you my spot. The judges don't like me anyway... Probably better off just paying Jorge off and I will save money in the long run... :roll:

Jorge
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I have been informed that the contest is officially sold out. Hopefully everyone that was planning on going has their application in...

If not, please contact me and I will sell you my spot. The judges don't like me anyway... Probably better off just paying Jorge off and I will save money in the long run... :roll:

Make an offer, it will go to my favorite charity:-P

The smack talk is week in you today. Do, or do not...there is no try!

Scottie
05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Make an offer, it will go to my favorite charity:-P

The smack talk is week in you today. Do, or do not...there is no try!

Or have my girls cook. They couldn't do much worse than me... Have I mentioned how much I love this contest because it is 2 blocks from my house!!! :clap2:

Jorge
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Or have my girls cook. They couldn't do much worse than me... Have I mentioned how much I love this contest because it is 2 blocks from my house!!! :clap2:

The bet was on 'YOUR' results, not what would happen if you brought in two ringers!:becky: Cheat to win if you have to.

(Now that's, some smack talk:laugh:)

Scottie
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I do not talk smack for this contest. I am still licking the wounds from last year.... :becky:

You'd think I would know better being a Cubs fan...

Ron_L
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I think we should all work together to make sure that that guy from Louisiana doesn't pull a four-peat! :becky:

Jorge
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I think we should all work together to make sure that that guy from Louisiana doesn't pull a four-peat! :becky:

I already told Scottie, privately, that I was tempted to come help you (that means washing dishes....Mr. Lond of Lincoln Award Winner:-P). I'm so misunerstood, and unappreciated:wink:

Divemaster
05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
I already told Scottie, privately, that I was tempted to come help you (that means washing dishes....Mr. Lond of Lincoln Award Winner:-P). I'm so misunerstood, and unappreciated:wink:
Maybe it has something to do with your avitar....:tape:

Scottie
05-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Bring it... :wave:

Ron_L
05-12-2010, 09:39 AM

First, it's Land of Lincoln :-D

Second, you would be welcome to wash my dishes at any comp we cook, my friend :Becky:

Third, I think you now have a new nickname: Dr. Pepper. So misunderstood. :Becky: :Becky: :Becky:

Divemaster
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I think we need Jorge out at the Dells to keep the orginizer in line...

Greg60525
05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
The Medieval Swines are coming! I didn't receive a packet in the mail, so I had to check.................all is well! Close call, as they are not taking any more teams according to the website!

How many teams are coming?

Thanks,
Greg

Stoke&Smoke
05-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I believe they had room for 45-50 teams. Last time they updated, they were showing 42

Scottie
05-18-2010, 08:44 AM
54 teams.

Stoke&Smoke
05-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Awesome! That's got to be close to or as big as Shannon!

Scottie
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully I will have as much room as Shannon. So I am parking myu rig on Wednesday, to assure my space... I am after that coveted chili title. Well, I am not, but my girls are... We need to win something at this contest... :twisted:

Brew-B-Q
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Can I bring my glock, or is Westmont real restrictive about handguns?

Scottie
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Can I bring my glock, or is Westmont real restrictive about handguns?

Yeah bring it. But can I borrow it? I have this gopher in my backyard I want to take out.. Actually a woodchuck.. The damn thing is eating all my flowers... I would like a one shot side arm... No need to mame it. I want to blow it up... :mad2:

CaptTable
05-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Scottie, just want you and Jim & the gang to know how much Kathy & I are missing heading up that way this year. We LOVED working that contest. The locale, the chili competition, THE PEOPLE, even the drive up was a blast for the most part! I was hoping to hit the lottery so I wouldn't have to worry about vacation time, but they keep drawing the wrong damn numbers!!!

If anyone reading this is contemplating going, let me tell you right now . . . . . GO. You will have a blast!

Phillip

tonto1117
05-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Scottie, just want you and Jim & the gang to know how much Kathy & I are missing heading up that way this year. We LOVED working that contest. The locale, the chili competition, THE PEOPLE, even the drive up was a blast for the most part! I was hoping to hit the lottery so I wouldn't have to worry about vacation time, but they keep drawing the wrong damn numbers!!!

If anyone reading this is contemplating going, let me tell you right now . . . . . GO. You will have a blast!

Phillip

You both will be missed!:sad:

Ron_L
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I agree! Who is going to play the Yankee version of the CD for us?

Scottie
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM

Phillip

They are offically sold out... You and Kathy will be missed. Who will the servers at Uncle bub's laugh at now.. I don't think they talk Southern there either... :becky: Yeah, my girls are offically entering the chili contest. Will give a bunch of 7th graders something to do on a Saturday night...

Hugs to Kathy bud.

Scottie
05-19-2010, 07:58 AM
I agree! Who is going to play the Yankee version of the CD for us?

I just noticed Ronnelle. Is that a gopher/woodchuck in your avatar? I'd like Jorge to take aim at that... Damn thing was eating more poppies this morning at 5:30 when I got up...

To keep on topic. That Yankee version and LSU version was some funny funny stuff with the recordings.

Jorge
05-19-2010, 08:02 AM
I just noticed Ronnelle. Is that a gopher/woodchuck in your avatar? I'd like Jorge to take aim at that... Damn thing was eating more poppies this morning at 5:30 when I got up...

We are looking at adding a 3rd Vizsla. If this one has a similar temperment, and doesn't have ear issues I might be able to fix you up in a couple of years:wink:

How are the girls going to cook, and find time to go tagging?:shock:

PS I think Ron's trailer has escaped...so far, hasn't it?:twisted:

Scottie
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
We are looking at adding a 3rd Vizsla. If this one has a similar temperment, and doesn't have ear issues I might be able to fix you up in a couple of years:wink:

How are the girls going to cook, and find time to go tagging?:shock:

PS I think Ron's trailer has escaped...so far, hasn't it?:twisted:

I'd like to see a Vizsla ripping that damn gophers head off...

The girls always find time to tag during turn-ins. when folks aren't expecting it... I don't know who they learned that from.... :roll: I'll have the girls check out Ron's. I just got a fresh batch of like 5000 decals... I or should I say, my girls are armed for the season... Come to think of it. I should bring some to the GAB. I'd like to tag Donny Teels Jambo... :boxing:

Bones
05-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Bartlett Boneheads will be cooking.
I will be arriving on Friday so stop by for a drink if you want.

Divemaster
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Four days to go... Every one ready???

Ron_L
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Yep... All my meats are in the trailer and waiting. Do you think I should put ice in the coolers?

:-D

Scottie
05-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Had the final committee meeting last night. There are officially 52 Pro teams and 33 Backyard Rib contest cooks.

I would highly recommend that if you want to be by a certain team, to arrive together. They will not be piecemealing placing teams this year, like they have done in the past. There are staging area's locally if you need to wait on another team.

the Lion's Club will be putting on a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning. There is (I believe) a small fee, but that is a fundraiser for them.

See you all Friday. I know that me and the Quau family and probably a couple more will be going to Uncle Bub's on Friday night for dinner. Last year Mark really took care of us.

Divemaster
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Yep... All my meats are in the trailer and waiting. Do you think I should put ice in the coolers?

:-D
Nope, ya gotta let them thaw....:thumb:

Brew-B-Q
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
My chicken and ribs are ready, but I don't have any pork or briskets yet. I didn't get a chance to age any thus far, so I'll just be picking up beef and pork Thursday or Friday. Ribs have been killing me forever, so I'm going for broke this weekend with a new recipe. I know you shouldn't do that, but I really have nothing to lose the way they've been turning out so far.

Divemaster
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Got everything thawed and ready to go...

Also have some people stoping by on Saturday so I'm doing up a couple of pastrami's and a small ham for them...

Stoke&Smoke
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
We'll be packing the trailer up tomorrow. See everyone Friday!

Scottie
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
We'll be packing the trailer up tomorrow. See everyone Friday!

That's it? I would of figured you had to start packing a couple of weeks ago... :roll:

tonto1117
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
See you all Friday. I know that me and the Quau family and probably a couple more will be going to Uncle Bub's on Friday night for dinner. Last year Mark really took care of us.

What type of food does Uncle Bub's have?....sounds very familiar for some reason.

That's it? I would of figured you had to start packing a couple of weeks ago... :roll:

:tape:....:becky:

Scottie
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
What type of food does Uncle Bub's have?....sounds very familiar for some reason.

:tape:....:becky:

They have the best freid chicken and cheeseburgers in our parts of town!!! :becky:

Bones
05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
See you all Friday. I know that me and the Quau family and probably a couple more will be going to Uncle Bub's on Friday night for dinner. Last year Mark really took care of us.[/QUOTE]

What time are you heading over to Mark's place? I would like to go. Fried chicken sounds good.

Ron_L
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
They have the best freid chicken and cheeseburgers in our parts of town!!! :becky:

their catfish is also good.

Scottie
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
their catfish is also good.

D'oh. How could I forget that! I even had it at the class! :icon_blush:

Yes, their catfish is also very good!

Chris, we have nothing in stone. So who knows when we go over. I'd like to do it after the dinner rush though. So maybe 7:00? Or earlier like 5:00. I'd rather go later though.

CaptTable
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Have some "ice" for me!!!!!!!!

Phillip

one2bbq
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Is there a bar nearby to check in on the blackhawks sat night?

Stoke&Smoke
05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
The street just south of the comp grounds, Ogden Ave. is a busy street, there are several bars/restaurants if you go West on Ogden.

FWIW - there is a Jewel/Osco grocery within walking distance at the corner of Cass and Ogden, if you find yourself short of supplies or beverages

Divemaster
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM

We'll have it on the radio at our site... Got some people coming to visit but more are welcome... Tossing on a couple of pastrami for dinner Saturday night so we'll have snacks as well...:thumb:

Scottie
05-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Westmont used to be known as Whiskey Hill back in the day. Just depends on what kind of bar you want. There is also a Hooters a few miles away I was there the other night and must say this new crew have nice uniforms..

Also DJ's Sports bar is an easy 5 minute walk away if you don't want to drive.

If anyone has a mobile flatscreen, I'll have my satellite dish. I only have a small TV in my RV.

tonto1117
05-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Westmont used to be known as Whiskey Hill back in the day
. Just depends on what kind of bar you want. There is also a Hooters a few miles away
I was there the other night and must say this new crew have nice uniforms..

Also driveSports bar is an easy 5 minute walk away if you don't want to drive.

If anyone has a mobile flatscreen, I'll have my satellite dish. I only have a small TV in my RV.

We have a mobile flatsceen...I'll try to get Walt to bring it.

Scottie
05-27-2010, 11:13 AM
We have a mobile flatsceen...I'll try to get Walt to bring it.

I think you guys will be set up right by me. Well, at least that was the plans at the committee meeting on Monday... :roll: I've got about 100' of co-axial... I hope you guys come from the part of the state that are Hawks fans and not Wings fans... :boxing: :becky:

Jorge
05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Best of luck to all....even Scottie:-P:becky:!!

Scottie
05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Best of luck to all....even Scottie:-P:becky:!!

Trust me, I'll need it...

Bud's BBQ
05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I think you guys will be set up right by me. Well, at least that was the plans at the committee meeting on Monday... :roll: I've got about 100' of co-axial... I hope you guys come from the part of the state that are Hawks fans and not Wings fans... :boxing: :becky:

I can think of no part of Michigan that is Hawk's fan territory :boxing:

Regardless, we'll have a flat screen for your disposal @ no charge (unless you are watching the f___king hawks) :-P

Scottie
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
I can think of no part of Michigan that is Hawk's fan territory :boxing:

Regardless, we'll have a flat screen for your disposal @ no charge (unless you are watching the f___king hawks) :-P

My buddy is a Hawks fan in the SW corner of MI. but then again, he is a transplanted Chicagoan...

Oh goody, I love rubbing it in to Wings fans. It doesn't happen very often for us... :thumb: Almost like the Cubbies... then again, it's only been since '61 for the Hawks and 150 years for the Cubbies. So I guess the Hawks have a bit catching up to do...

Would a few nips of some fine Scotch whisky change your mind? I just got a bottle of Bowmore 16 yo vintage that is just burning a hole in my liquor cabinet..

See you Friday

Bud's BBQ
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
My buddy is a Hawks fan in the SW corner of MI. but then again, he is a transplanted Chicagoan...

Oh goody, I love rubbing it in to Wings fans. It doesn't happen very often for us... :thumb: Almost like the Cubbies... then again, it's only been since '61 for the Hawks and 150 years for the Cubbies. So I guess the Hawks have a bit catching up to do...

Would a few nips of some fine Scotch whisky change your mind? I just got a bottle of Bowmore 16 yo vintage that is just burning a hole in my liquor cabinet..

See you Friday

I'm such a sucker for good Scotch........oh, okay, a nip of the Bowmore :clap2: By the way, as a die hard Indians and Browns fan, I do root for the underdogs. Go Cubbies and Hawks :-D

Scottie
05-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I forgot to mention.. I have a bunch of parsley if anyone is looking for some good stuff. I sound like a dealer. :shocked: I had purchased a case and now find out I don't need it at LPQ. So I have enough to feed a heard of hungry cows...

billm
05-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I forgot to mention.. I have a bunch of parsley if anyone is looking for some good stuff. I sound like a dealer. :shocked: I had purchased a case and now find out I don't need it at LPQ. So I have enough to feed a heard of hungry cows...
would love some

Divemaster
05-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Would like to add one request, at the 9:22, I would like that we also raise a glass to all those who this weekend is dedicated to, our Military.

Scottie
05-28-2010, 11:39 AM
would love some

Search me out before I give it all away.

Parsley Lady
05-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Would like to add one request, at the 9:22, I would like that we also raise a glass to all those who this weekend is dedicated to, our Military.

That's a great idea!!!

Coz
05-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Good luck all.

SMOKEHUNTERS
05-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Coz....See everyone tomorrow!!

Stoke&Smoke
05-29-2010, 01:43 AM
That's a great idea!!!

It IS a great idea, and I seem to remember the Rev Randy did just that last year.

The reps last year brought up some fine JD single barrel, and I seem to remember pouring some on the ground to honor those whose sacrifices allowed us to be here competing

Great suggestion Dive