PDA

View Full Version : Off to Los Angles, SoCal!!

BBQchef33
06-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Its official...as of now anyway... with the place i work, plans change from minute to minute.....

Im arriving in LAX Sunday night 6/13 and leaving Friday..... will be working in Hawthorne and Century city all week. Probably gonna stay in Long beach for a few days, manahtten beach for a few others.

So anyone up for a beer, drop me a note!!

tommykendall
06-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Phil -

a couple places you might consider checking out time permitting:

1. Johnny Rebs - Long Beach Blvd (don't get the brisket)
2. Papa's BBQ - Long Beach or Los Alamitos (ORDER the Tri-tip)
3. Bodacious BBQ - Carson i think (never ate there - heard they do some good stuff)
4. Hangar Inn Manhattan Beach

willkat98
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Its official...as of now anyway... with the place i work, plans change from minute to minute.....

Im arriving in LAX Sunday night 6/13 and leaving Friday..... will be working in Hawthorne and Century city all week. Probably gonna stay in Long beach for a few days, manahtten beach for a few others.

So anyone up for a beer, drop me a note!!

Get home quick

Chad will be waiting

mook
06-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey Phil,

I would love to get a beer Wednesday or Thursday.

PM on the way with my info. I would post it but I am not up for those 11-7:30 night calls from Bill.

mook

You other SoCal brothers up for a beer w/ the Grand PooBah himself?

tommykendall
06-11-2004, 05:26 AM
Mary only drinks Schaffer. Don't disappoint her.

Thats disgusting. Unless its warm of course...

brdbbq
06-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Get home quick

Chad will be waiting

Ditto

tommykendall
06-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Who edited my farking post? Musta been the janitor after I PM'd him a little while ago.

willkat98
06-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Who edited my farking post? Musta been the janitor after I PM'd him a little while ago.

Wasn't me.
You farkers are here to early

brdbbq
06-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Me Neither

willkat98
06-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Musta been Mary. I bet hit hit the "edit" button instead of "quote"

He's a little slow

tommykendall
06-11-2004, 08:46 AM

Think you're correct ChiBill. I was looking over the member list this morning and noticed the Janitor only has 9 posts and it's been a hell of a long time since he pulled his head out of the terlet to look around. So I sent the bastidge a wake up call and thought maybe I pissed him off. :D

Bigmista
06-11-2004, 10:03 AM
I am definitely up for a beer! I sent a PM to Phil. Mook, hit me on AIM if you hear from him first.

Mista

BBQchef33
06-11-2004, 04:26 PM

Think you're correct ChiBill. I was looking over the member list this morning and noticed the Janitor only has 9 posts and it's been a hell of a long time since he pulled his head out of the terlet to look around. So I sent the bastidge a wake up call and thought maybe I pissed him off. :D

ooppss yup, that was me.... commented that i only take my schaffer warm.

too early mod... b4 coffee.

BBQchef33
06-11-2004, 10:02 PM
made it thru Firday with no change of plans.. so Im off to Cali..!!!

See the brothers there!!

willkat98
06-11-2004, 10:12 PM
made it thru Firday with no change of plans..

did you change your under pants?

BigAl
06-12-2004, 12:45 PM

Bet he just turned 'em inside out! :lol:

BBQchef33
06-12-2004, 10:11 PM

your both wrong....

cause i dont wear any. :shock: I keep the boys loose and free to roam about. Helps me stay in touch with nature.

8)

racer_81
06-12-2004, 11:30 PM
cause i dont wear any. :shock: I keep the boys loose and free to roam about. Helps me stay in touch with nature.

8)

Cosmo Kramer Mod

Solidkick
06-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Where's Dingleberry when you need him???

BBQchef33
06-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Where's Dingleberry when you need him???

oh, hes just hangin around with some ass. :mrgreen:

Bigmofo300lbs
06-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey Phil,

I would love to get a beer Wednesday or Thursday.

PM on the way with my info. I would post it but I am not up for those 11-7:30 night calls from Bill.

mook

You other SoCal brothers up for a beer w/ the Grand PooBah himself?

I am in. Let me know if Wednesday works. Mook, would love to catch a lift with you if possible.

BigAl
06-13-2004, 10:01 AM

your both wrong....

8)

Have a great trip :!:

But watch out for those free and loose boys, no telling where and what they might roam around with out there in CA :!: :shock: :roll:

BBQchef33
06-14-2004, 12:57 AM
TouchDown!! I'm here ladies.. Stayin at long beach residence inn.

Will call as soon as I set up the work schedule tomorrow, but wed-thurs sounds good.!!

racer_81
06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Everybody send the stripper-grams to Phil's room at the Long
Beach Residence Inn.

:-)

BBQchef33
06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Everybody send the stripper-grams to Phil's room at the Long
Beach Residence Inn.

:-)

that would be nice..

In room entertainment mod. :mrgreen:

Bigmista
06-14-2004, 12:38 PM
your both wrong....

8)

This is WAAAAAYYYY more info than I ever needed to know about you.

BigAl
06-14-2004, 12:48 PM
your both wrong....

8)

This is WAAAAAYYYY more info than I ever needed to know about you.

Yea, well, did u ever see :shock: this? It just arrived in your area!

BBQchef33
06-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks Al..

appreciate that.. Nuttin like the reminder of the good ol'days... !! 8)

cabo
06-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Ah!!!! Tthe good old days. :oops: :lol: :lol:
By the way Mary are you going to be at home, a week from this Thursday????? :lol: :roll: :)
I've already started on the Cabo, as if you could'nt tell :twisted: :twisted:

BBQchef33
06-14-2004, 09:52 PM
coming home Friday night. Taking off starting next Wednesday.

BigAl
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Thanks Al..

appreciate that.. Nuttin like the reminder of the good ol'days... !! 8)

Always glad to support a Brother :!: :D :D :D

chad
06-15-2004, 07:30 AM
coming home Friday night. Taking off starting next Wednesday.

Sounds like Harry and I will be arriving in plenty of time to help with setup.

Poor Sharon! :D

BBQchef33
06-17-2004, 12:35 AM
mook, me and BigMista.... Went to Ragin Cajun.. ate Gator...:) drank beer..

editorial later.. too stuffed and pooped.. but got the picture upto avoid mishap like last time when i lost all the pics.

MikeG
06-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Nightmare!!!!!!!!!
After seeing this picture I dreamed I was a slab of
baby backs fresh off the pit, lying on my back on a platter.
I was standing tall and looking good with with my fresh coat
of sauce covering a secret rub that had been put on just right.
To my right was a warm loaf of garlic bread right out of the oven,
and on my left was a cold beer with a little ice on his neck.
Man I must be in heaven..........OOOOOOOO CHIIIITTTTTT
I look up and looking down at me are these three.
Glad I woke up....

Hope you guys had a great time
Mikeg

parrothead
06-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Looks like a trio to reckon with. Hope you guys had fun. Will look forward to hearing about it later.

Bigmista
06-17-2004, 11:22 AM
mook, me and BigMista.... Went to Ragin Cajun.. ate Gator...:) drank beer..

editorial later.. too stuffed and pooped.. but got the picture upto avoid mishap like last time when i lost all the pics.

Man we had a good time last night! We hung out, drank beer, told stories and ate until we could barely stand up!

I love guys night out!!!

*burp*

Wooo...that tasted better going down than coming up...

I think I need another Red Stripe.

Mista

mook
06-17-2004, 02:23 PM

Mista

Ahhhhh Red Stripe.....

That was a great time fellas. I am always available for a beer, good food, and stories of lost days.

mook

Bigmofo300lbs
06-17-2004, 03:01 PM

Mista

Ahhhhh Red Stripe.....

That was a great time fellas. I am always available for a beer, good food, and stories of lost days.

mook

I am pissed I missed it. Ended up working later than expected. Glad to hear you guys had a blast! Well, actually, now that I think about it....I am not happy about it. F YOUR GOOD TIME!!

*Bitter party of one? Bitter party of one...your table is ready.* Mod

Solidkick
06-17-2004, 06:54 PM
*Bitter party of one? Bitter party of one...your table is ready.* Mod

I like that! Gotta remember for future use!

I'm happy for the brothers and their night out on the town. Never heard of Red Stripe, is that something like Pabst Blue Ribbon? ;)

mook
06-18-2004, 01:38 AM
kick,

Although I have heard of Pabst Blue ribbon I have not had the pleasure of sampling one.

Red Stripe is a nice smooth Jamaican Lager. If you ever have a chance give one a shot.
Nothing like a Red Stripe and authentic jerk goat!!!

http://www.redstripebeer.com/

MikeG
06-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Hey Mook...
you have waited long enough...What is
in the bag????
MikeG

Bigmista
06-18-2004, 11:59 AM
OK...

...Last night BBQChef, SoCalCraigste and I hung out in Westwood, Home of the UCLA Bruins. We had a ball eating too much food and scoping out chicks that were way too young for us. Pictures will probably be posted after the Grand Poobah gets back to the homestead.

Mista

racer_81
06-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey Mook...
you have waited long enough...What is
in the bag????
MikeG

One of those bottles in the bag looks like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.

Bigmista
06-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Actually those were bottles of hot sauce and Garlic sauce. Ragin' Cajuns own Brand. Not real hot but great flavor!

mook
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Actually those were bottles of hot sauce and Garlic sauce. Ragin' Cajuns own Brand. Not real hot but great flavor!

Both went home w/ Phil to add to the collection. Now that I think about it, i shoulda got him the Trappeys Jalapeno.

tommykendall
06-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Ok - so whrere's the report from SoCal Craigster? Come outta yer hiding place. If'n ya don't I'll come and find ya cuz I'm moving home in the next 6 months. Just waiting for the call with the logistics.

BBQchef33
06-18-2004, 11:17 PM
hey ladies...

the poobah is back in his house after a week in California....

Bigmista(Neil), me and Mook(Vince) went out Wednesday night to Rajin Cajun in hermosa beaach.. MoFo was coming but he wussed out. :) First think mista did was order a bowl of gator. looked at me and said "U eating gator". Well I aint saying no to no one wearing a superbowl ring(kinda). Gator was good, kinda like chicken flavor calimari. Then i got the bright idea of the Sefood sampler appitizer with craqwfish, catfish and shrimp... we chowed down on that for a while, then the waitress comes for our order. My brain being bigger than my sotmach ordera a bowl of gumbo and a shrimp creole platter, with jambalaya and beans. Damn, i been on Atkins for a year, cant eat that mcuh. I ate more that night than i usually do in 2 days. Got back to the hotel and passed out face down fully dressed on the bed till morning. Gut was so big that it had my butt in the air waiting for someone to stick a flag in it and stake claim. That aint a pretty site..

another lesson I learned about Los angeles. Mexican / tex-mex is big there... lots of great authentic stuff.... But there is not one restaurant in L.A. that will serve a Burrito that is fit for the consumption of ONE human being. 4 Maybe, but not one. Burritos come in the various sizes that can are compared to things like office furniture and SUV's. The may as wel come with wheels, cause ya cant carry sonme of them suckers out. I attempted to finish a butito that would not fit in the back of my rented mustang. :wink: Tacos on the other hand are little handfuls that you just pop like buffalo turds or white castles.

thursday night SoCalcraigster came out of Lurk mode. We set up to meet in Westwood, a UCLA college town. Called Mista, who was all up for it soon as he got the kitchen pass form MrsMista. Met her from from the convertable as she waved form the Balcony. Hey MrsMistA!!!!.. IM taking your man to a college town loaded with 19-22 year old ladies in skimpy outfits. !! :twisted: Mook was layin low.. Mofo chose to spend the night upgrading a PC instead of eating... tsk tsk..(wuss again.. :wink: ) After wandering around this place loaded with college girls in miniskirts and realized we are old enuf to be A- their father. B - their chaparone(sp) c - horny old oggling perverts. D - sugar Daddy.

We wished for D but were just C.

Night consisted of hangin, bullshootin, eatin at a burger joint in one place and a load of chicken wings in another.... them wings were brought to us by a waitress that dropped out of heaven. Damn to be 22 again..

Mista is one smooth talker.. he had that ladies attention.... i thought he was gonna have that waitress either sign him up to be here sugar daddy, or she was gonna stuff the jalepeno poppers in his nostrils. I was hoping for the later. :) Craig and I just kept woofin down the wings till I overflowed and he loaded up.

A night of the brethren... times to remeber and have again.. will be shouting out again at my next trip in july-august.

An as usual.. first time we meet a brother.. aint no weirdness...theres none of them first time awkwardness...... its like we knew each other for years... The mark of "The Brethren"!!!

tommykendall
06-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Gut was so big that it had my butt in the air waiting for someone to sick an flag in it and stake claim. aint a pretty site..

Paaleeeese. Did ya have to go there...

Bigmista
06-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Poobah,

Just give me a little more notice next time so I'll have time to fire up the balcony grill. BTW... here's a coupla pics of my baby in action.

The_Kapn
06-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Now, I am really getiing a complex :evil:
My grills and smoker didn't look that clean when I bought them :!:
Ya sure y'all cook? Maybe a "Photo Op" thingie :lol:
Guess it is time to break out the pressure washer.
TIM

Bigdog
06-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Bigmista,
Have you seen the firebox attachment that you can get for your grill to make it an offset?

Bigmista
06-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Bigmista,
Have you seen the firebox attachment that you can get for your grill to make it an offset?

Yeah Bigdog I have. I just haven't decided if I wanted to take up that much room on my little balcony yet. I'm not cooking for huge groups yet so the indirect method is cool for me and my family right now.

Good looking out though!

Mista

Bigmista
06-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Dang! I just looked at my own pics and got hungry!

Bigmofo300lbs
06-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry I missed ya Phil. The job I was on took much longer than anticipated. But as a "Brother In Q" I hope you can understand. The good news is that the job I was on paid me enough to get a new smoker! Might even go custom! Will keep you posted.

Seriously though, I wish I could have made it out there.

Bigmista
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Dang! I'm sorry the pics for this thread didn't make it thru the transition. This was a really good time.

Dang! Has it been 4 years since Poobah was in Cali?

Bigmista
12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Found a few pics...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/California-Roll-june2004/DSCN1039.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/California-Roll-june2004/DSCN1040.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/California-Roll-june2004/DSCN1041.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/California-Roll-june2004/DSCN1042.jpg

MilitantSquatter
12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
WTF is that skinny guy that strangley resembles Poobah ? :confused:

I guess Phil was taking the pics, cause I don't see him...

:biggrin:

BBQchef33
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
that was after 7 months on Atkins.

it all came back overnight, after one bowl of Pasta.

Bigmista
12-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing the Jambalaya and the Fat Burger had something to do with it...

BBQchef33
12-13-2008, 11:09 PM
oh yeah.. them too. :)

Neil
12-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Try switching to whole wheat pasta!:biggrin:

Desert Dweller
12-14-2008, 07:06 AM
You work somewhere where they solidify plans six months in advance? The world has gone crazy!

Bigmista
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
You forget that Phil is the boss.

Roo-B-Q'N
12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey poobah is going to Cali! Man I wish I could head that was as well.

Well if Spice can have another 48th birthday, poobah can go to Cali.

tommykendall
12-17-2008, 03:02 PM
that was after 7 months on Atkins.

it all came back overnight, after one bowl of Pasta.

Dude - you don't remember? I was there with you, man. You're farking legendary.

nthole
12-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Is that a UDS?

tommykendall
12-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Is that a UDS?

Yes Dummy - Ugly Drum of Spaghetti.

Poobah may not cook from them, but he'll eat from them. :shock:

Sledneck
12-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Dude - you don't remember? I was there with you, man. You're farking legendary.I need to put that pic on my fridge to help my diet

BBQchef33
12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
OMG....

thats just so farking wrong..

who did that??

come on.. come clean.. I promise nothing will happen to your ID.

:)

tommykendall
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
OMG....

I hear ya Poobah. Defacing a UDS like that should be a crime in these parts. :mrgreen:

Jorge
12-18-2008, 09:43 AM
OMG....

who did that??

come on.. come clean.. I promise nothing will happen to your ID.

:)

I know who did it, and if they don't offer me a substantial bribe I'll be happy to tell you!:twisted:

BBQchef33
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I hear ya Poobah. Defacing a UDS like that should be a crime in these parts. :mrgreen:

watch it sucka... i gots picture of you in a wet suit. :twisted: