View Full Version : Tx hd
04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Can anyone help me locate the right people to contact to get the guidelines for catering in TX? I have contacted my city and county and both tell me to contact the state. I have tried a few departments on the Texas Health services web page but they would be just as helpful if they were speaking Chinese.
04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Check Environmental Health dept.
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
04-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Thank you so much!
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
One thing to keep in mind, local HD rules can be stricter than state standards. They cannot be less strict.
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
^^^ So true i live in Mansfield and they are alot stricter than State
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Bonkers, I am a Mansfield guy. Lived there from 69-81. Went from 1st to 12th grade and then left to go to college. Still have family there.
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Alot has changed out here I can say that much in order to do any type of food here it has to be in a brick building I was looking into opening a sno cone stand and selling q out of it on the side as I have a friend that does it in Irving but even the snocone stand has to be bricked or in a stripcenter go figure
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Yep, Mansfield is high-toned now. I remember when the best restaurant in town was the new Sonic on Broad near the old High School.
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Texas Department of State Health Services
Ruth N. Hendy, M.S., R.S.
Food Establishment Group
Policy/Standards/Quality Assurance Unit
512.834.6753 ext 2050
1100 W. 49th Str
Austin, TX 78756-3199
This is off the business card of the person who tested and graded the local Dallas County Health inspector for University Park.
They spent several hours in my restaurant for his test and she was very nice and can probably get you to the right group or person.
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Awesome! You guys are a huge help. Thank you so much!
04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Here is some info I came up with when inquiring.
Tarrant County (817)321-4960 (does not include Ft Worth)
Ft Worth only (817)392-7255
04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Here is the doc I got from the Tarrant County HD.
04-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's what I got about the required commissary as well.
1101 SOUTH MAIN STREET
FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76104
FOR MOBILE UNITS AND CARTS
A commissary, as defined for the purpose of supporting a mobile food unit or food cart, shall meet the definition outlined in the regulations under Food Establishment. In addition, the commissary must be able to meet the following requirements:
1. Shall be a food service establishment, permitted and inspected by the Tarrant County Health Department or other Health Department recognized by the Tarrant County Health Department.
2. Shall have adequate storage space to house the cart or allow parking for the mobile unit.
3. Shall provide as a minimum a three compartment sink for the washing of pots, pans, utensils, and other such items used to hold or serve food and hold food contact items.
4. Shall provide dedicated space for the storage of dry goods, refrigerated foods, paper goods, and other items belonging to the mobile unit or cart owner.
5. Shall be an establishment that is accessible to the operator of the cart or mobile unit everyday at times agreeable to both the commissary owner and the mobile food unit/ cart owner.
6. Shall provide adequate equipment for the proper cooking or reheating of food.
7. Shall provide adequate space/equipment for the proper cooling of hot food.
The commissary must be able to meet the above requirements and be approved by the Tarrant County Health Department. This department reserves the right to disapprove a submitted commissary if that location is deemed to be unable to meet the above requirements based on past inspections of the establishment.
This department reserves the right to waive any of the above requirements if the requirement is found to be unwarranted. This waiver will be recorded as part of the record.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000-2013, The BBQ Brethren Inc. All Rights Reserved