PDA

View Full Version : first comp of the year results

big blue bbq
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I just got done with the Redneck BBQ in Sikeston, MO over the weekend. Everything went well once we finally got there. Took two trucks and 4.5 hours of sitting in gas station parking lots. First truck was overheating and second truck fuel filter clogged after 3 miles from where someone dropped it off to us.

1st in chicken, 3rd in ribs, 35th in pork:icon_blush: :shock:, and 14th in brisket. Add it all up and it comes to 6th out of 41 overall. First time in top half overall let alone top 10.

Had some family come watch and help tear down, and Frank Caputo from Hank Daddy's BBQ came down from Toronto to hear me get some calls.

Overall a good time! Next up, Rocket City BBQ comp in Huntsville, AL.

big blue bbq
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, forgot this part.

Congrats to Quau for grand champion and Half Sauced BBQ for reserve. Redneck Grillers, Rick's Pit Stop, and Smelly Butts BBQ round out the top 5!

BRBBQ
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice job

Rich Parker
04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Congratulations!!

Nomanerz
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Congrats! Great Job!

Rick's Pit Stop
04-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Great job Larry! I gotta admit when they called your name for first in chicken the group I was sitting with went, "Blue Who?" Then you got the third place call in ribs and we really startedwondering who you were. At that point we thought, hey this Big Blue BBQ has a serious chance of winning this whole thing! You even had Quau a little nervous. :grin:

Anyways, congrats on the great finish! Just tweak out that pork and you'll be right in there. Good luck in your future comps!

Rick

big blue bbq
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks Rick! I was shocked myself. I did pretty good in only comp last year, I just need to learn how to get all 4 meats decent at the same time. Maybe in Huntsville....

Divemaster
04-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Congrats and I'm sorry... Remember, no 12 step program.... lol

Hank Daddy's Barbecue
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Congrats again to you and the boys Larry.

I was thoroughly impressed with your results given what you all went through just to get to the event.

mrichard
04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Great job. It was our first cook off ever so we felt pretty good about leaving with 14th place overall. Hopefully we can make some improvements like you did and get into the top ten!