PDA

View Full Version : Moe's grand opening -- what say you?

jswordy
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I dunno where this'd go, so I put it here. I wrangled a pass to the grand opening of Moe's Original Bar B Que in Huntsville, AL. Hey, free cocktails and menu samples, what's not to like?

But I thought I'd ask first. What do you think of the product?

pahutchens
04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Moe's? DOH

Hmmm FREE you can tell us after you do the sampling

jswordy
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Hmmm...sounds like a place da Brethren should love!!! Take a peek:

http://www.moesoriginalbbq.com/about.html

Capn Kev
04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
They have a few Moe's around here in Colorado. Decent food.

mgwerks
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Can you get a "Flaming Moe" there?

jswordy
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry so late getting back, been reaaaaal busy...

Dad and I did go sit on their outdoor patio on a beaut of a Saturday spring evening and eat free food and drink free beer. They were stingy with the actual cue, but the butt I had on a small sandwich was moist and tender, but not absolutely out of this world. Sweet and safe, is how I would describe the flavor. Lots of people will like this barbecue, which is good for the restaurant but does not distinguish the cue. It's enjoyable to eat and nonchallenging to the taste buds, like lots of places.

They were more generous in serving their chicken salad sandwiches (nothing special) and their shrimp sandwiches. Now the shrimp, which is breaded and tasted smoked as well, was the forte of all I ate that night. Really good. It is what I'd order if I went again.

It looks like the meat is gas/wood chip smoked. The smoker unit is inside and prominent to be seen by all. Not a stick of wood to be seen, which would ward off some afficianados. Decor at this location is basic concrete floors and restaurant tables, and atmopshere is low-key. Perfect for jeans and tee shirt. We did buy two bottled Budweisers, as they did not have the 5 p.m. sampling event set up yet when we arrived at 5:10. At $3 each, they were a bit pricey compared to other places locally.

By 6 p.m., Moe's was doing brisk business, and the place had begun to fill with people who seemed to be there strictly to drink beer. In fact, one of the franchise owners had a Bud in his hand the whole time we were there, so it is a party-hardy kind of place. We met a couple of local radio personalities, and also had fun talking to a guy who just happend to come in to eat supper, and then found out about the free food and crashed the party.

Thanks to Moe's for the invitation! This location is 2030 Cecil Ashburn Drive, Suite 109, Huntsville AL in case anyone else wants to wander by there.