PDA

View Full Version : Places in/around Nashville, Tenn.

earthling30
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm going to be traveling soon to Nashville, Tenn., maybe the last week of this month. I'm looking for some good BBQ joints and those to avoid around that area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jacked UP BBQ
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Jacks on broadway is great BBQ. I would highly reccomend it.

earthling30
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

billm
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Paradise Ridge Grill

TRS
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Martins BBQ Joint in Nolensville. 20 mins south of Nashville. This past Tues Guy Fieri and his crew from Diners, Drive In's and Dives was there doing an episode. Martins just opened in his new location across the street from his old restaurant only last month. He out grew his old restaurant. I have not been in his new place yet (I only live 1 1/2 miles from it!) but his bbq in his old place was top notch. Some of the best I have had. He cooks whole hogs, shoulders, briskets, etc.
Best bbq I have had in and around Nashville over the past 8 years.

Good Luck.

jdub
04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Center Point BBQ. Hendersonville, just a bit North. My sentimental fave.

earthling30
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Martins BBQ Joint in Nolensville. 20 mins south of Nashville. This past Tues Guy Fieri and his crew from Diners, Drive In's and Dives was there doing an episode. Martins just opened in his new location across the street from his old restaurant only last month. He out grew his old restaurant. I have not been in his new place yet (I only live 1 1/2 miles from it!) but his bbq in his old place was top notch. Some of the best I have had. He cooks whole hogs, shoulders, briskets, etc.
Best bbq I have had in and around Nashville over the past 8 years.

Good Luck.Sounds good, I'll have to check that out, I'm located about 10 minutes from that place. Thanks.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Another vote for Martins Bar-B-Que Joint. The pulled pork sandwich was excellent when I tried the place last month. Good sides and atmosphere too. I will be back to try more of their offerings the next time I am in Nashville.

earthling30
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Another vote for Martins Bar-B-Que Joint. The pulled pork sandwich was excellent when I tried the place last month. Good sides and atmosphere too. I will be back to try more of their offerings the next time I am in Nashville.
Just got back from Martins. It was a little more than 10 minutes but well worth it. I loved the atmosphere and also the food was great. Thanks for the awesome suggestion. I posted a picture I took with my cell from inside the joint(crappy pic I know). Man OH Man I loved his Q-rig they had parked outside of the restaurant. Droolage! :faint:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/bbq-brethren/misc/04262010.jpg

earthling30
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like I left from there just in time before the floods hit. When I left Nashville the first wave of storms was in Memphis.