PDA

View Full Version : Going to see the California Rat

Jorge
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The last couple of months have been a real grind, and the next couple will probably be the same. We are looking at a 2-3 day trip to Disney sometime in September.

Any info about the hotels, and restaurants on property would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle and I were there a couple of years ago, and I wasn't impressed with House of Blues or Rainforest Cafe. The day she spent inside the parks, I went and hung out with TK:becky:

yelonutz
04-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Look up Bigmista at one of his markets. Can't go wrong.

NUTZ

BBQ Grail
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
If there is a chance of a little half day/full day get together I would make the drive down. But then again I'd pay to see a picture of Jorge on It's A Small World...

Jorge
04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
If there is a chance of a little half day/full day get together I would make the drive down. But then again I'd pay to see a picture of Jorge on It's A Small World...

Not a pretty picture. I did that in December, in Orlando. I still think I'm the new Manchurian candidate after that!:shock:

Right now it's just planned as a quick trip in and out, to give us both a break and a chance to see some of her family out there. I'll let folks know if we extend the trip and have some time to get away from the happiest place on earth.

tommykendall
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Did you know that rats here outgrew chihuahuas and there's no longer an issue of mistaken identity?

C Rocke
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Keep us posted on dates, we're just 5 minutes away from the Mouse. Hotels - Best advice I can give is name brand for that area.

Jorge
05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
We just couldn't make the schedules work. We are going back to Orlando in December again this year.

Last year we ate at some good places, and some not so good...

We will probably return to: California Grill (The view was great, service was incredible, and the food was really good), Coral Reef Restaurant (Not my favorite, but my better half loved her salmon and the view was pretty cool), Le Cellier Steakhouse (tomato stack was fantastic, and probably the best steak I had all week), Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (a strong maybe actually, I had a really good burger), Crystal Palace (better half loves Tigger), The Hollywood Brown Derby (Cobb salad, nuff said), Tutto Italia Restaurante (Monster appetizer platter, decent lasagna, great service), Casey's Corner (the fries rocked!).

Places we won't visit again: 50's Prime Time Cafe (Great experience, once! Mediocre food at best), Chef Mickey's (glad we did it once, but it's a grind with the families scrambling to feed the tribe from the buffet), Tony's Town Square (Had pretty good Chicken Parm, but nothing extraordinary to offset the loud environment), Tusker House Restaurant (It was OK, but we won't spend a lot of time in Animal Kingdom so we'd like to try something different).

Any suggestion for other places to try?