PDA

View Full Version : BBQ rig update #3

Rightstuff
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Got cabinets installed. Tomorrow the propane tank will be hooked-up and stove operational. I also purchased an undercounter hot water tank and hope to have it operational as well.

Notice the white straps on frig!! Thanks to whoever recommended using the "keep the baby out thingys".

Still plugging away !! :-D

Todd Ras
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
WOW, that looks fantastic!!

pat
03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Coming together really nicely! Cabinets look great.

Heavenly Hog
03-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm jealous. That's the nicest rig I've ever seen. Great work!

RubMeTender
03-29-2010, 09:50 AM
That is shockingly nice. Good god. Why didn't you buy the big trailer?:wink:

Diver
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
That's beautiful work. Color me green with envy.

goodsmokebbq
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
:jaw: :thumb:

KC_Bobby
03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks great. How many feet of counter top prep space does it have?

thillin
03-29-2010, 11:41 AM
WOW, that looks fantastic!!

Ditto!:clap2:

BBQ_Mayor
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Sweet ride!

BBQ_MAFIA
03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
WOW, that's really a great looking set up.
Congrats on the rig.

Babyboomerboy
03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I could only dream of that. Very, very nice.

slowerlowerbbq
03-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Wow, that is a first class rig! VERY nice job. Congrats!
I could really get used to that :becky:

Rightstuff
03-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Looks great. How many feet of counter top prep space does it have?

Originally the stove was suppose to be on opposite wall. The builder shorted me enough space on the opposing wall that the stove would not fit. That being said.....I lost some counter space by having to move stove to its current location. I have 3 small counter areas and the larger area to right of stove (its 3.5 feet long). I'm also installing a dining table to the far right (not pictured) that will have usable space. Overall I'm extremely happy with how everything is turning out. This has been an interesting DIY project and I'm learning a lot! :-D

TrustTheDust
03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
My house is jealous.

Rightstuff
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, that is a first class rig! VERY nice job. Congrats!
I could really get used to that :becky:

Our last competition was done in an EZ-up. The wind was blowing everything around and the curtains landed in our BBQ sauce several times and smacked everything in sight with sauce. I was miserable trying to complete the turn-in boxes and catch flying debris !!! I swore afterwards we were getting an enclosed trailer to make our life easier !! At the very least I hope it will make it more enjoyable, especially during inclement weather.

The_Kapn
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Great Job.

I am jealous :redface:

TIM

blues brother
03-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Tim, Rightstuffs rig is almost as nice as yours!! LOL
I can't wait to see that bad boy in Thomaston! I am really impressed!:thumb:

Bbq Bubba
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow! Is this a trailer?
No hood fan?
Your tow vehicle a tank? :)

Lake Dogs
03-29-2010, 02:21 PM
VERY VERY nice. I'm sure we'll get to see it at Lake Oconee.

Hey, is that one of Lonnie's (Bubba Grills) smokers on the back?

KC_Bobby
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally the stove was suppose to be on opposite wall. The builder shorted me enough space on the opposing wall that the stove would not fit.

Easily covered with a cutting board for more prep space if needed ... assuming you turn the burners off. :laugh:

Rightstuff
03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
VERY VERY nice. I'm sure we'll get to see it at Lake Oconee.

Hey, is that one of Lonnie's (Bubba Grills) smokers on the back?

Yeah, Lonnie built it for me and said it cooks exactly like my 250R. I also purchased a Backwoods Smoker Party to throw on the back porch. We've already sent the money for Lake Oconee so we'll be there for sure. I plan on getting there Wednesday night and making an entire weekend out of it.

Tim, Rightstuffs rig is almost as nice as yours!! LOL
I can't wait to see that bad boy in Thomaston! I am really impressed!:thumb:

All I need is a kegerator. Thought about keeping it on the back porch!
Come by this weekend and take a look. We'll be in Thomaston.

Wow! Is this a trailer?
No hood fan?
Your tow vehicle a tank? :)

The microwave has a hood fan vented out the wall. I don't plan on frying or anything like that inside so hopefully it will be enough. I bought an F350 Turbo Diesel to pull it. I convinced my wife that I needed the King Ranch package and a 4" lift kit to adequately pull the trailer :-D.

BRBBQ
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
:jaw: :thumb:I was trying to figure out how to say it, and you said it perfectly, so ditto! ^^^:thumb:

BBQ Bandit
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Dayum!!!!!

Bbq Bubba
03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Sorry, was viewing the pics on my phone. I see its not set up for vending so what you have should work nicely!
Nicest comp trailer i've ever seen bro! (lovin the wood floor!) :thumb:

bam
03-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow my kitchen at home wished it looked as good. :clap2:

Sticks-n-chicks
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I need to make sure I don't park next to you...I don't want my trailer to get a complex... looks great!

Southern Home Boy
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Eh... I've seen better.

Just joking! OMFG!! I feel so.....inferior....:shock:

That is seriously one of the most impressive rigs I've ever seen. VERY Cool.

big brother smoke
03-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I just got wood!:tape:

pahutchens
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
My house is jealous.

Mine too :thumb:

MoGreen
03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I see your wife shops at IKEA! That is one slick looking trailer. Nice touches throughout. My lawn chair and EZ-UP got nuthin' on you. Keep the posts coming.

douglaslizard
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
looks awesome,maybe one day ill be able to get me one.by the way my brother is really liking that rub you gave him in douglas.

Cigarbque
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
How much would you charge to rent out the spare bedroom? Is the swimming pool going to splash around when your driving? That could be messy. How do you plan to keep the dogs off the putting green?

Seriously that is one fantastic job. You have much to be proud of.

Rightstuff
03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
looks awesome,maybe one day ill be able to get me one.by the way my brother is really liking that rub you gave him in douglas.

Hey...we really enjoyed meeting you guys. I meant to get your brothers email before I left, but forgot. It was so hectic after that long day. Keep in touch...and... we plan on being in Douglas again this year.

thenewguy
03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
That is REALLY nice!
But I gotta ask...where does the oven come into play with competition bbq?

Rightstuff
03-30-2010, 06:22 AM
That is REALLY nice!
But I gotta ask...where does the oven come into play with competition bbq?

Cooking sauces, marinades, injections, etc. Also, my wife likes to do the ancillaries (desserts, anything but, etc.). We also plan to cook meals cause we sometimes arrive on Thursdays for early check-ins.

Also, I plan on hauling this thing down to the lake and river and using it outside of BBQ competitions. Would hate to see this thing parked when it can be put to use :-D.

Lake Dogs
03-30-2010, 08:05 AM
> Also, I plan on hauling this thing down to the lake and river and using it outside
> of BBQ competitions. Would hate to see this thing parked when it can be put
> to use :grin:.

Good idea! We dont use our RV as much as we should.... I must tell you, it sure
looks like you're doing it RIGHT!!!

thenewguy
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Makes sense. I'm not envious though...well ok...I am!

blues brother
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
WOW what a nice rig...Just dropped off the motorhome in t-town and walked over to look at yalls trailer. It is sharp!
Tha dang door was locked and I couldnt get a peek at the inside. Bobby told me not to use that crowbar...but I just had to see inside a little.
Sure is nice.

monty3777
04-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Our last competition was done in an EZ-up. The wind was blowing everything around and the curtains landed in our BBQ sauce several times and smacked everything in sight with sauce. I was miserable trying to complete the turn-in boxes and catch flying debris !!! I swore afterwards we were getting an enclosed trailer to make our life easier !! At the very least I hope it will make it more enjoyable, especially during inclement weather.

Lemme get this straight. You moved from an EZ up to this? That's like going from a Yugo to an H3!! :thumb:

Rightstuff
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
WOW what a nice rig...Just dropped off the motorhome in t-town and walked over to look at yalls trailer. It is sharp!
Tha dang door was locked and I couldnt get a peek at the inside. Bobby told me not to use that crowbar...but I just had to see inside a little.
Sure is nice.

LOL....the wifey will be there early Friday...I won't get in til around 6:00. Stop by and see us anytime.

Lemme get this straight. You moved from an EZ up to this? That's like going from a Yugo to an H3!! :thumb:

Hey...gotta keep the wife comfortable (at least that was the excuse I used to get this thing !)

monty3777
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey...gotta keep the wife comfortable (at least that was the excuse I used to get this thing !)

Well, here's where I lucked out. I'm really good looking and I remind my wife every day that she's lucky to have me.:cool::crazy::tsk:

Shotgun
04-01-2010, 06:21 PM
That is one sweet ride! Hopefully I will get to see it in person someday.