PDA

View Full Version : Review of Carmona's BBQ (Watsonville, CA)

Smoothsmoke
03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Do not go there. Stay away, run, steer very far away from this place. Not BBQ by any means. I had a pulled pork sandwich and my co-worker had baby back ribs. Nothing was remotely smoked. I do not know how the ribs tasted. However the pulled pork was garbage. It tasted more like Mexican carnitas in a bun. No rub was tasted on the pork, and it was a gray color. I'm sure they boiled it or something. The only bright spot was the chipotle bbq sauce. I only had two bites and could not eat no more. I hate wasting food so my co-worker took the sandwich to his dog.

Worst 30 bucks I've spent all year.

landarc
03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, that stinks. Will make a note, although it has been decades since I ate in Watsonville.

Smoothsmoke
03-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, that stinks. Will make a note, although it has been decades since I ate in Watsonville.

I wish I had a camera phone with internet capabilities man.

btcg
03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Do not go there. Stay away, run, steer very far away from this place. Not BBQ by any means. I had a pulled pork sandwich and my co-worker had baby back ribs. Nothing was remotely smoked. I do not know how the ribs tasted. However the pulled pork was garbage. It tasted more like Mexican carnitas in a bun. No rub was tasted on the pork, and it was a gray color. I'm sure they boiled it or something. The only bright spot was the chipotle bbq sauce. I only had two bites and could not eat no more. I hate wasting food so my co-worker took the sandwich to his dog.

Worst 30 bucks I've spent all year.

If that dog dies you're in trouble!

:wink:

Smoothsmoke
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
If that dog dies you're in trouble!

:wink:

Thanks for the concern! Big Chico (dog), survived the boilbecue!

Wally's Smokin' Pit
03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up... Going up that way in a few weeks!