PDA

View Full Version : What’s going on at the Abby? (Fontana, WI) CANCELLED for 2010

Divemaster
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Back in January I was talking with a member of the BOD at the banquet and they told me that there was going to be a new comp at the Abby in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I think the quote was that “this is a slam dunk it’s going to happen”. Cool I thought! A lot of people from Chicago head up there year round… I may be able to get one of our local sponsors to cover me up there!

Earlier this week it finally showed up on the KCBS schedule. Outstanding! I ran over to one of my sponsors and they are all over it! Yes, another contest that I don’t have to drop $500 on!

Last night we find out that they are NOT doing it this year but next year (2011). WTF?!?! They just got the sanctioning and now they are dropping it? Anyway, I’ve emailed them for more information, but right now it looks like we almost had another new one but not now…

Bummer….

Scottie
03-18-2010, 08:18 AM
There is always LPQ2... sorta glad I was planning on that one anyway. I guess that will now give those other WI comps better odds.

Divemaster
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree, there are always other comps. It's just that this is a new sponsor and they were really excited about it, plus, It's one of those that I don't need to take a vacation day to get to...

Coz
03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I wonder if thats why they didnt return emails?

Scottie
03-18-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree, there are always other comps. It's just that this is a new sponsor and they were really excited about it, plus, It's one of those that I don't need to take a vacation day to get to...

I agree about vacation days. but ultimately, I want to go to a contest that isn't going to have any problems. While I would love the Abbey to have a contest, as I took full advantage of the 18 year old drinking that WI offered us FIB's... I want a well run contest, that is stable and secure for us cooks. I know that Jumpin' Jim will offer us that at LPQ2...

Ron_L
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I just checked with Karen Walker at KCBS and the competition is postponed until next year. The KCBS site has been updated.

She mentioned that the organizers felt that they needed more time to be ready for us :-D i agree with Scottie in that I would rather have a well organized competition rather than a cluster #%@$ like we saw at a couple of competitions last year.

Divemaster
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Please don't get me wrong. I have no urge to go to another Cluster F**k... Just sorry that they couldn't get it together in time...

Coz
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree about vacation days. but ultimately, I want to go to a contest that isn't going to have any problems. While I would love the Abbey to have a contest, as I took full advantage of the 18 year old drinking that WI offered us FIB's... I want a well run contest, that is stable and secure for us cooks. I know that Jumpin' Jim will offer us that at LPQ2...

I dunno why ya had to cross the line .They always served us at 16 when I was in Waukegan or Gurnee?

Trainwreck
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
That sucks. Was looking forward to that one. Oh well I'll have to pick a different one.

Brew-B-Q
03-19-2010, 06:34 AM
That's too bad. I was hoping this one was a go since it is so close to home. Looks like I"ll go to Taylorville instead.