PDA

View Full Version : Hello, it's me

bbqfreak
04-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Name is Ken from Florence, KY.

Been q'ing for years. Just got into this computer thingy and loving it.

I have to many different types of cookers to mention.

Hope to get to know ya all soon.

jt
04-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Never too many to mention, Ken. Go see Bill's family photo in the Photo section. :D

It won't take too many visits to get to know us! Glad to have you and post often!

Bill-Chicago
04-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Welcome Ken,

Lots of brothers got a couple models or more, so your years using different cookers will benefit all.

Hope to see you keep posting.

kcquer
04-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Welcome Brother 'freak, glad to have you aboard. Experience with a variety of cookers will be welcome for sure. Lots of joking around, lots of good people, good food, don't be shy. Might even find some folks to debate KY v TN whiskey!!

Tell us what's in that arsenal, always interested in what gear folks are using.

Bill-Chicago
04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Welcome Brother 'freak, glad to have you aboard. Experience with a variety of cookers will be welcome for sure. Lots of joking around, lots of good people, good food, don't be shy. Might even find some folks to debate KY v TN whiskey!!

Whats to debate. Freak sent me this long private message that he agrees Jack Daniels is awesome and that Racer is farked up and drinks Kentucky pisskey.

parrothead
04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Ken! Grab a cold one out of the fridge.

Solidkick
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Welcome Ken! Just some good ol"boys and Mary (Grand Poobah pitbitch) swapping stories, lies and sometimes truths. If you couldn't cook before you found this site, then there's not much hope......
Naw, just kidding......these guys took me from novice to pro in 6 months.

BigAl
04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the group, great bunch of people!

racer_81
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM

Whats to debate. Freak sent me this long private message that he agrees Jack Daniels is awesome and that Racer is farked up and drinks Kentucky pisskey.

I don't think bbqfreak sent that. Kentucky Bourbon rules.....JD is pisskey.

Welcome bbqfreak!

(born in O'boro, livin' in TX)

tommykendall
04-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Welcome aboard Ken. If'n you see anything posted by Dingleberry, don't trust the farker. He's nuts.

BigAl
04-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Carl on the other hand, he knows his suff but hasen't posted for a few days. I miss Carl.

cabo
04-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Got a Florence in S.C. as well. Just down the road a piece, Welcome!!!

Oldtimer
04-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Carl on the other hand, he knows his suff but hasen't posted for a fed days. I miss Carl.

Thanks Al. Ive been really busy here, helping the in laws during planting season.

I check in really late, but pop out when I hear the kids rustling.

This is a great group for sure.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site features. Lots of reading to catch up on

Goodnight all!

mook
04-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Welcome you freak.

hey post a list af all the cookers, i keep telling the old lady that you can never have too many.

this just gives me more ammo.

bbqfreak
04-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. I think I am getting the hang of things around here. Let's see, you call each other farker's. You modify everything. You love peanuts, and farking with everybody else. Does that just about sum it up?

As far as the smokers go, I have a few bullet types (one is a weber), used to have a bandera but gave it away after building a similar type out of better steel. I also have a couple more homemade barrel types, along with a gas grill and a couple old charcoal grills that are on their last legs. I also have all of the obligitory turkey fryer stuff.

chad
04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
B'Freak:

You've pretty much put things together: just remember "context, context, context!" - we haven't had an episode lately but several times a year we act like jr. high "best friends" and piss each other off - won't speak, etc. etc.

This is the absolute weirdest forum I've ever been a part of - we actually post, discuss, argue, spam (internet wise - calm down Al!), flame, etc. each other.

We also use the heck out of PM -- if you EVER have an issue with one of us please don't hesitate to PM or go to a "neutral" party (usually Phil or Bill - sometimes Brian :D)

This goes for everyone that reads this -- especially newcomers.
DO NOT just get cheezed off and disappear!

Anyway: welcome to the group!!

Bill-Chicago
04-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Well put Chad

Add TommyKendall, John, or Admin to the list.

Any complaints or "bent out of shape"ness will be addressed.

cheez
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
DO NOT just get cheezed off and disappear!

Wondering if I should be offended....... :mrgreen:

Welcome bbqfreak!

Bigdog
04-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Welcome Freak. One rule about cookers: You can't have too many. I recently bought a 4th one, a Weber Platinum, and the wife (not a bitchamatic) said that it makes a nice area. :D

Bill-Chicago
04-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey Freak, ever been to Freaknic in Atlanta.

Lotta Freaks there.

Remember "Super Freak" in the 80's by Cameo, I think.

slat
04-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Welcome freak. Glad to see you got things figured out, and are jumping in. These guys are a hoot.
Super Freak was by Rick James.

Slat