PDA

View Full Version : I Just Bought a New Weed Burner!

Bogus Chezz Hawg
03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I was at Home Depot yesterday. I used my Harley dividend checks ($53.20 total) to buy their weed burner, "The Inferno Propane Torch", model KH825-01. It's made by Welding, Cutting, Tools & Accessories, LLC, which is the retail division of Lincoln Electric welding equipment. Home Depot's price was $49.97. Sales tax here is 6.7%, so my out the door price was $53.32. I only had to add 12 cents to the Harley checks to buy it, SWEET!!!

It features:

500,000 BTU Output
Excess Flow Safety Valve
Brass Valve for Flame Adjustment
Squeeze Lever Safety Shutoff Valve
10' LP Gas Hose
Easy Grip Handle
Hand Held Flint Striker Included

I looked online for a better price and couldn't find one. Sears.com had it for $70, Oxarc.com was $76.67, and the worst... Myerslumber.biz wanted $100.

I considered buying the cream of the crop "Red Dragon"... http://www.flameengineering.com/Heavy_Duty_Vapor_Kits.html

The "Red Dragon VT 3-30 SVC" is their model which is the closest in specs to mine...Price: $152.90. I found it cheaper on Amazon.com for $120.86.
The main differences: The Inferno's lever is a full-on or off safety lever. The Red Dragon's lever is a full-on or a pilot flame stays on when released. The Inferno comes fully assembled. The Red Dragon is a kit which requires assembly. The basic "Red Dragon VT 3-30 C" is the same as the "SVC", but it comes without the squeeze valve & handle...Price: $96. On Amazon for $64.21.

I made the right choice, for me, with The Inferno. I can't wait to try it out. My cookers grates are a little greasy. Oh yeah, Spring is almost here and I'll need to burn some weeds with it too!

JD McGee
03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Pretty snazzy...:cool:

Bogus Chezz Hawg
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Pretty snazzy...:cool:

Thanks JD. I'll be posting some photos once I get it fired up.

JD McGee
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks JD. I'll be posting some photos once I get it fired up.

Cool...I bought my el-cheapo from Harbor Freight for 14.00 a couple of years ago...still works great...:cool:

Bogus Chezz Hawg
03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Cool...I bought my el-cheapo from Harbor Freight for 14.00 a couple of years ago...still works great...:cool:

I was going to buy from Harbor Freight too, but another Brethren talked me out of it. He owned both and recommended The Inferno. For 12 cents plus the dividend checks, what the heck!

Yleekyoti
03-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Gotta love a good flame thrower!!

Kermits Revenge
03-12-2010, 07:17 AM
The one I use is the Mini Dragon. http://www.flameengineering.com/Mini_Dragon.html
I like the fact that it uses a seperate souce for the fuel and it is very portable.

Desert Dweller
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
I bought a weed burner torch when I bought my Mega-BDS, used it once and have since returned to using a chimney and the minion method for my smokers, and even for the grill I use a chimney. In my opinion the chimney takes less time to get the cooker up to temp than a torch. Admitedly, the torch is more fun...

Chef Jim
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I got one for the best price yet, FREE! :-P My neighbor and I were talking the other day and I told him I was thinking of buying one. He had one and let me try it. WOW Went to give it back and he said he only used it once a year so I should keep it and he could just borrow it whenever. :-D

Kermits Revenge
03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
he said he only used it once a year so I should keep it and he could just borrow it whenever. :-D

I see a neighbor looking for some free Q in the future:lol:

luke duke
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Me too. Can't beat them for the price.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91037

Or you can save $5 and get the one w/o the igniter
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91033

We have one that stays in the woodbox on the big pit. It has so far survived 3 years in the Texas outdoors exposed to all of the elements and it works fine.

Kevin_Texas
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I got the Red Dragon sometime ago cause they were running a real good deal. I just love them weed burners. They work great!