PDA

View Full Version : Hello ya'll from western Colorado

Sixgun
04-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey folks, what a great site you got goin on here. I've been using the cheap little can smokers for years, results not too bad really. But I have made a decision to move up to the real thing.
What? you may ask, --- why a Bandera of course, Sixgun replies.
Just damn try to find one around here! (Grand Junction) Well, that's kind of a fib, Sportsmans Warehouse has one for FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS. I don't think so! Heck I'll drive to Salt Lake or Denver if I can locate one at a half decent price. O well, the quest goes on. Anybody in them citys know where one can be had??
Again, Hello to all, I'll let ya know how the quest goes.

Sixgun

parrothead
04-07-2004, 11:22 AM
That would be a definate pass at that price. OUCH!

Welcome aboard.

kcquer
04-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Sixgun, welcome and I am so jealous of where you live. Relatives lived in Fruita for years. Don't y'all have a headless chicken festival there? When they quit runnin around sit'em on a beer can and put'em in the 'dera when you find one. Best of luck on your quest and welcome.

brdbbq
04-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Ever make a Colorado brisket in your can smoker ? Welcome to the group.

Bill-Chicago
04-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Welcome Six,

Glad to have another brother from Grand Junction.

DingleBerry use to hail from there, before moving to Battle Creek

Again, welcome

Bigdog
04-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Welcome sixgun. Keep looking and I'm sure that you will find one-the quest is half the fun. $250 is about right.

tommykendall
04-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Welcome aboard 6'r. Watch out for that Dingleberry character. He recently stirred up a bunch of $hit on the list.

BigAl
04-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Welcome. I'll look around for Bandera in and arround Parker for you. If you will email me your phone number, if I find one, I'll call you and if you want me to buy it for you, I will. Saw some at the Castle Rock HD a while back.

Bigdog
04-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Networking. Isn't it great. :) Just don't listen to Al about his Colorado Brisket. :P

BBQchef33
04-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Didnt another one of us find it direct from Charbroil/new braunfels for 269?

Welcome sixgun.... check the mfg. See what they want.. In the meantime, we'll cook the Q for ya and ship it on dry ice. :)

Sixgun
04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey, a big thanks to all for the welcomes.

kcquer---yeah, it's called Mike the Headless Chicken Days, hell of a good reason for some Q and beers in late summer.

BigDogSmoker---this quest is getting frustrating

BigAl---Wow, much obliged, I'll be sending you an e-mail as soon as I figger out how.

Sixgun

brdbbq
04-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Just go to his post and hit the email button your there.

racer_81
04-07-2004, 04:43 PM
should we warn sixgun about alspeak?

racer_81
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
welcome sixgun.

summary - willkat98 loves peanuts, brdbbq hates rice, bigal loves spam, bbqchef33 is really named mary.

there, now you are caught up.

check out the faq's for lots of good info including what woods not to use.

parrothead
04-07-2004, 04:55 PM
You forgot about fark and mod

BBQchef33
04-07-2004, 05:08 PM
sixgun... in our files section, undera bandera mods, get the Bandera 101 document. Its got all the stuff you'll need for the bandera, plus general guidelines too.

Solidkick
04-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Welcome!

Bill-Chicago
04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Smell The Glove

Best Album Ever. Lets see how many you farkers get that reference.

Art Fufkin Mod

LMAO

kcquer
04-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Lets see how many you farkers get that reference

Bill, I don't care what you say,
No we're not gonna farking do stone henge. :wink:

Bill-Chicago
04-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Smell The Glove

Art Fufkin Mod

LMAO

Whoa. Again, a post 8pm rambling that I cannot recall the trigger. Why the fark did I go into a Spinal Tap reference in 6's opener?

Sorry 6gun.

And KC, 11 is for when you need that little bit extra. It's great just knowing its there if you need the extra oomph.

BigAl
04-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Smell The Glove

Art Fufkin Mod

LMAO

Whoa. Again, a post 8pm rambling that I cannot recall the trigger. Why the fark did I go into a Spinal Tap reference in 6's opener?

Sorry 6gun.

And KC, 11 is for when you need that little bit extra. It's great just knowing its there if you need the extra oomph.

Bill,
Metlica "Garage Music" CD, Track 11.

Good way to start the day on the way to work :!: :D

BigAl
04-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey, a big thanks to all for the welcomes.

kcquer---yeah, it's called Mike the Headless Chicken Days, hell of a good reason for some Q and beers in late summer.

BigDogSmoker---this quest is getting frustrating

BigAl---Wow, much obliged, I'll be sending you an e-mail as soon as I figger out how.

Sixgun

Sixgun,

ANY QUESTIONS, HERE IS MY CONTACT INFO
720-851-5300 Home
720-989-6745 Sprint mobile
aw4golf@aol.com email

slat
04-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the house sixgun. I use the reference house loosely. Sometimes it's mad sometimes sane, but it's always a welcome place for a brother or even a sister, and there are a few, to go. I hope the quest goes well.

Slat

BigAl
04-09-2004, 02:54 PM
I called the number Al listed above and it was a sex line.

Or was that you Al?

Can you say "Hi Jack"?

Try dialing when ur sober :!: :lol:

Bill-Chicago
04-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Al, if you meant Hi Jack as in J Daniels, THAT was funny.

Per NFL Guidelines, upon further review, I deleted my original post.

** Note to Brothers **

If you ever feel the need to delete a post, you can always delete anything YOU authored. Just hit the "X" button on any response you authored, and you can delete that post.

If you start a thread, and delete that first starting post, you will delete all responses to your thread as well.

Just an FYI

Bigdog
04-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Al, if you meant Hi Jack as in J Daniels, THAT was funny.

Per NFL Guidelines, upon further review, I deleted my original post.

** Note to Brothers **

If you ever feel the need to delete a post, you can always delete anything YOU authored. Just hit the "X" button on any response you authored, and you can delete that post.

If you start a thread, and delete that first starting post, you will delete all responses to your thread as well.

Just an FYI

That my be true Bill, but the evidence still remains in Al's quote post.

Evidence Mod :P