PDA

View Full Version : Long Island March 5-6

BBQ Bandit
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Friday-Saturday

Will be in the Sayville neigborhood dropping off a trailer.

Anyone interested hangin' out for pizza?

MilitantSquatter
02-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Bob - When are you getting into town and when are you planning to heading home ?

BBQ Bandit
02-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Once upon a time... had several life-changing moments...
...nievely... driving to Sayville.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51223&highlight=lincoln

Today, sounds like off-peak hours out and back

Prob leave Harrisburg about 8:00 AM Friday (5 hours away) and start heading back home late Saturday evening.

speedrcer1
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
If your towing a trailer keep in mind to NOT go on Parkways in NY. And going to Sayville you will be tempted. Let me know if you need some directions.

BBQchef33
02-28-2010, 09:08 PM
im in .. call me from the road friday.

u have a few options. lincoln tunnel thru the city, then the queens midtown onto 495.. that trailer is small enough that that wont be too painful.

or the long way to the GWB to the Cross bronx, or over to 95.

other option is verrazano and then onto the BQE... which is friggin insane unless your driving a motocross rig. That BQE is the entrance to hell.

need to stay off belt pky, southern state parkway and northern state parkway.

Sayville is exit 59 on 495.

MilitantSquatter
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
For Bandit, I can definitely do dinner/hangout Friday after work (maybe Sat afternoon/evening) but probably not both.

As much as I hate the GWB/Cross Bronx combo, I'll take that anyday over driving through the city or the BQE with a trailer.. I took that same trailer on the BQE once after coming home from New Holland, it was awful. I can't imagine an even larger trailer like Phil's.

BBQ Bandit
03-01-2010, 08:46 AM
GW... Throgs Neck...Clearview Expressway... 495/LIE
GPS the rest of the way after exit 63

Confirmed and assured by Skip! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BBQchef33
03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
when coming back from GA with the trailer, due to being wiped out and tired, i took the BQE to shorten the trip..

That crappy road has not changed in 40 years. Im convinced the same construction cones were there when I was 9 driving thru the navy yard with my parents. thats has to be the nations worst road. The lanes were not wide enuf for the trailer and if i wasnt straddling the lines, I was knocking down those rubber dividers nearly the entire time while that thing was bouncing in and out of holes that lead to hell.

honestly though, going thru the 2 tunnels may be worth it..Hes onlyu gotta cut stright thru the city and it shaves a LOT off the trip, the trailers only 5 foot wide and it avoids the run on the cross bronx.

BigBarry
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
If I am able, I will be there!

rbsnwngs
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm in for going out for a drink or 12

Westexbbq
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Friday late afternoon, early evening or ditto for Saturday works for me.
Keep us posted Bob on your timing etc.

(Will, still got my Bourbon Rub?)

MilitantSquatter
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Wherever we go, let's try not to go someplace overly crowded again.

I'm trying to shake this lingering head cold I have.. Lots of Vitamin C here these next few days. Don't want to get anyone sick.

timzcardz
03-02-2010, 03:07 AM
When it's decided, please post the details (when and where). Hopefully I'm in.

rbsnwngs
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
burbon rub still available Wes

But the bottle or the pound

Jacked UP BBQ
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I would take the BQE, that is what I take, you can do it!

Sawdustguy
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I was knocking down those rubber dividers nearly the entire time while that thing was bouncing in and out of holes that lead to hell.

The technical term is Cone Polo. I wish I could come. I am looking to get back in the swing of things but Saturday is Michele's Birthday and I am taking her out for dinner at Bryant and Coopers in Roslyn Friday night.

Westexbbq
03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=MilitantSquatter;1201285]Wherever we go, let's try not to go someplace overly crowded again.

Yeah, copy that.
Like Yogi said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

(any update on date, time and place yet?)

BigBarry
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I am out for Friday but in for Saturday. Keep us posted.

BBQ Bandit
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Since I'm the visitor easy to get lost... will yield to the local concensus.

(Don't know squat about the locale)

Frank Sacco
03-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I would really like to join you Brethren folks for dinner and a drink. Unfortunately I will be flying out to D.C. on Saturday morning and will not be able to attend. Enjoy the Bandit during his stay on the LI.

timzcardz
03-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Any updates? Friday Night?

It might not be a bad idea to chose a place that is a member of the Sayville Chamber of Commerce and let them know that we chose the place in appreciation of the Chamber's hosting of The Battle of the BBQ Brethren.
http://www.greatersayvillechamber.com/directory/members.asp

Just a thought.