PDA

View Full Version : There were horses too!

cabo
03-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Brethren,
Took a road trip yesterday. It wasn’t ‘Q related, unless you count my offering to the shindig. In the 38+ years I have lived in S.C. I’ve never been to an event called “The Carolina Cup”. This was my first, and God willing won’t be my last. Don’t know how I managed to miss it all these years, except maybe it’s that I’m not that enthused about horse racing, but GAWD WHAT A PARTY!!
Expected attendance about 50k. Didn’t take a head count, but I think they were pretty close.
Tailgating at its best. This affair is as much a fashion and status statement, as it is about horse racing. Saw almost as many out of state tags on cars as in state. Folks showed up in stretch limos, and Rolls Royce’s. My ride was a lowly Escalade (sorry Phil). :twisted: Of course those folks had specially reserved spots near the finish line, although some were dispersed through out us commoners.
Champagne & caviar flowed, beautiful women in sundresses flowed
Our food, regular tailgating fare, except maybe the desert tray, strawberries covered in chocolate, miniature éclairs of different kinds, strawberries no chocolate, cookies of different flavors, all home made, except the strawberries, I think she bought those.
That was the offering of the lady that also owns the Escalade. She is a bartender at my favorite watering hole (me thinks I’m in the wrong line of work). :?
There were also spinach & sausage roll ups, and other tasty dishes, that I can’t seem to recall, due to an alcohol impairment.
My offering, chicken & baby back ribs. I was “ordered” not to do a brisket, because “I don’t want you staying up all night cooking”.
There were few leftovers to be had. The consensus of opinion was that I needed more “practice” in my cooking endeavors, but they all volunteered to help me dispose of my practice results. Am I being setup?
There are some pics available for posting, with a borrowed camera, if y’all would care to see them.
My new camera will be here on Tuesday (bad timing). Did I just spend my Bash 3 ticket? I certainly hope not!!

chad
04-05-2004, 10:44 AM
You better be at B3! No camera is worth missing a Bash! :D

Bill-Chicago
04-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Did you yell "Show Us Your Tits!" like at a Nascar Race?

cabo
04-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Didn't have to yell, but as it always goes, the camera was about 25 feet away at the time! :evil: :evil: