PDA

View Full Version : Throwdown Poll - Handling a Farking Tie!

bigabyte
02-20-2010, 12:15 PM
The spirit of the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns has always been to get as much input from the Brethren as possible. Now that we have encountered our first ever tie, and no rules existed to handle it, we now must figure out what to do about it.

It has been suggested from members that in the event of a tie, that we all meet in Hawaii for an event. What we would do there was not decided, everyone just wanted to go to Hawaii basically.

Since Phil (I'm assuming) is not going to fly us all out to Hawaii (right Phil?), then I propose the next best thing...

A Hawaiian Themed Tie-Breaker Poll!

I thought of it all by myself too.:biggrin:

Here's how it works. You vote for the tiebreaker option you think would be best for handling a tie in the Throwdowns. The options are above, and are based around a Hawaiian Activity Theme that the Brethren would probably be caught doing if they were actually in Hawaii as one big group.

Here is the Legend for the Poll Options
1) Sex on the Beach!!! Shared Victory, multiple winners
2) Hawaiian Luaua Ultra-Bash!!! Winners entry photos compete head to head in a new poll to find the true winner, with a tie in that poll resulting in shared victory
3) Caged Bikini/Thong Sauce Wrestling!!! Winners must compete head to head with new entries to determine the new winner, with a tie in that poll resulting in shared victory

The poll is only open for 24 hours, so hurry up and decide! The winning option will be used from here on for tiebreaker purposes in the Throwdowns. In the event of a tie in this poll, then I will be the deciding vote.

So hurry up and vote you Farkers!:biggrin:

Meat Burner
02-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Chris, would any tie-breaker be based on a Hawaiian theme from here on?

High Q
02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Head to Head Photo Throwdown. 24 hour window with Sudden death overtime.

Midnight Smoke
Need to clarify; Caged Topless Bikini/Thong Sauce Wrestling!!!

dudz
very creative names for this..rofl

bigabyte
Good question. I don't know.:confused:

bigabyte
02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
In the opening post, I provide definitions for each option.:cool:

ModelMaker
02-20-2010, 12:48 PM
The world will not quit spinning either way.
I say have an assistant flip a dang coin.
Why make them do more work?
Ed
ModelMaker

Porchpup
02-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Hawaiian Luaua Ultra-Bash gets my vote. This is going to be farking good.http://ic2.pbase.com/o4/98/583898/1/63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

deguerre
02-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Head to Head Photo Throwdown. 24 hour window with Sudden death overtime.
Make it 48 hours for folk in waaaay different time zones (Europe, Hawaii, Philippeans, Australia etc...)

smknhotmama
02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I picked C by accident based on the name...but really would rather go with B

deguerre
02-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Naughty girl. Saucy.

Gore
02-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow, this is very exciting!
I think I like Sex on the Beach, because ... well, do I have to answer that? :wink:

Another option is to have a whole new re-vote with all contestants. I think it likely that another entry could win! There was a lot of yummy stuff there!

deguerre
02-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Wow, this is very exciting!

Another option is to have a whole new re-vote with all contestants. I think it likely that another entry could win! There was a lot of yummy stuff there!
Nope. This is a tie breaker and those that deserve to compete are those that tied!:biggrin:
Here's this though, post the other contestants in a woodpile vote for WORST entry with lewd commentary obligatory.

qman
02-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Hard to turn down sex on the beach!!!!!!
However, I chose The Mega-bash because it puts the tie-ees head to head, without making them have a re-do.

The thong/sauce wrestling? Mabye if we were really on the beach live, depending on who was wrestling:twisted:

pahutchens
02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Sex on the beach sounds good except for one thing SAND

Sauce is good but can obscure sometimes more than compliment.

Gotta go with the Ultra-Bash

chambersuac
02-20-2010, 03:20 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, No pictures of the Brethren having sex on the beach. Please.

bigabyte
02-20-2010, 03:22 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, No pictures of the Brethren having sex on the beach. Please.
...but pics of them in bikini's and thongs is encouraged!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

chambersuac
02-20-2010, 03:27 PM
...but pics of them in bikini's and thongs is encouraged!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well, okay, but I told my wife she could take them and I wouldn't post them, but if you insist...the thong was NOT comfortable, by the way.:mrgreen:

Gore
02-20-2010, 03:30 PM

One more rule: if you wear a thong, you are required to wear a bell around your neck so we know which way (not) to look.

http://images4.cafepress.com/nocache/product/37780174v2147483647_240x240_Front_Color-White.jpg

KnucklHed BBQ
02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
What if we had a 2 part rule for ties...

In the event of a tie we go to the Caged Bikini/Thong Sauce Wrestling IF ALL CONTESTANTS AGREE TO A HEAD TO HEAD.

If any contestants disagree to the head to head rematch, then we go to the Hawaiian Luaua Ultra-Bash.

This way the contestants decide if they want to put more work into it or not and we get more food pron! win - win!

And in the event of a tie in the face off, THEY GO TO THE OCTAGON BROTHER!! Oh-Yeeeeaahh! (Macho-Man Randy Savage mod!)

SmokinAussie
02-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, in the interests of common decency, I've gone with option B, and also Gore said to me in a PM that if we ever did have to face off in a Caged Death Match, that he would "chew my head off but asked me not to take if personally because we are now buddies":shock:

Look, Gore and I are packed and ready to go. Just waiting on the tickets from Phil... Gore and I thought it was a perfect solution because it really is meeting approx 1/2 way in this case. Now looks like Phil is a tightwad and we're going nowhere... which is probably a good think now since Gore voted for sex on the beach, and I'm not even going to imagine that, much less the thought of how we manage to make a post out of the event.

So Chris, what's happens now?? I need to know fast because it's SUNDAY here now and I'm off to work tomorrow.

Harbormaster
02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
i say have an assistant flip a dang coin.
Why make them do more work?

ding ding ding!!!!

Rich Parker
02-20-2010, 05:43 PM

No take backs! :shock:

Ron_L
02-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Wait... Who's going to wear bikini's and thongs?

Never mind... I really don't want to know.

I like the impartial coin toss idea.

Cast Iron Chef
02-20-2010, 08:57 PM

We almost think alike. I voted C before reading. I think a tie is a tie give em both credit.

SmokinAussie
02-21-2010, 03:21 AM
I got an idea..... but not tellin'

KnucklHed BBQ
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
So what happened with this whole debacle??

Is Chris still alive?

LMAJ
02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Need to clarify; Caged Topless Bikini/Thong Sauce Wrestling!!!
NO - don't want to see you guys topless in thongs... oohhh - my EYES!!!!!

Gore
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
So, I was doing a bit of research in the case of the Caged Bikini/Thong Sauce Wrestling. In keeping with the Hawaiian theme, Master pulled from the freezer some of this Luau styled pork that we made last summer.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66217
and put it on some fresh bread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1190419&postcount=17
It was nothing to look at (hence no picture) and would've earned another "0" in a thong contest, but it did taste good.

thirdeye
02-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I just relized I haven't voted yet...