PDA

View Full Version : Big D's BBQ in DE

Cigarbque
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Did a product open house today to support a customer in DE. They had the lunch catered by Big D's BBQ from right around the corner in Marsharlton, DE.

Turns out one of the owners is Dan from 3eyz team. Pulled pork rocked. I went over to meet Dan after talking to his partners wife but he was already gone for the day. Had a Meadow Creek cooker sitting outside. Food was fantastic, my customers and their customers loved it.

It was great to see a Brethren doing well. Small world.

Cigarbque
02-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Stopped back in this morning and met Dan. Had a egg and scrapple breakfast sandwich and talked comp BBQ with Dan. He had the Meadow Creek TS250 going with ribs, butts and birds looking great first thing in the morning. If you ever get a chance to stop by it is well worth the time. Dan is a great guy and the food is fantastic.

LMAJ
02-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Address please!
And scrapple.... yum...

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Dang, that was good luck.

Cigarbque
02-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Address please!
And scrapple.... yum...

3634 Old Capitol Trail, Wilmington, DE‎ - Right on a corner of Old Capitol Trail and Newport Road. Just a few block off Kirkwood Highway near where the old prison was back in the day. Between that and Prices Corner. The weird thing is I grew up only about a mile from where it is.

It is a pizza and sub shop and only has BBQ from Friday to Sunday I think. Dan told me that John from Widespread has his real job shop just down the street. Small world indeed.

widespread
02-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Indeed. Big D's is a great place! The subs and pizza are as good as the Q. My shop is right around the corner from Dan, and they deliver :-D
That's my old Meadow Creek there, sold it to Dan last year. He's using it much more than I ever did, I'm happy it went to a good home.
Let me know next time you're in the area, I'll meet you there for lunch.

LMAJ
02-20-2010, 06:55 AM
3634 Old Capitol Trail, Wilmington, DE‎ - Right on a corner of Old Capitol Trail and Newport Road. Just a few block off Kirkwood Highway near where the old prison was back in the day. Between that and Prices Corner. The weird thing is I grew up only about a mile from where it is.

It is a pizza and sub shop and only has BBQ from Friday to Sunday I think. Dan told me that John from Widespread has his real job shop just down the street. Small world indeed.
Got it - Thanks!

Cigarbque
02-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Indeed. Big D's is a great place! The subs and pizza are as good as the Q. My shop is right around the corner from Dan, and they deliver :-D
That's my old Meadow Creek there, sold it to Dan last year. He's using it much more than I ever did, I'm happy it went to a good home.
Let me know next time you're in the area, I'll meet you there for lunch.

Hey John,

Will do. Thanks.

BrisketBelly
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
So I work 5 miles from this place and I never knew it existed? Heck, I just drove past it around Xmas to get a gift cert. from the Hunters Den.
I need to get over there for lunch!

BrisketBelly
03-21-2010, 10:29 AM
I went there yesterday and picked up cue for me and two co-workers, brisket sandwich, pulled pork sandwich and half chicken. All three of us enjoyed it and will be back. I think we talked another co-worker into stopping by to pick up dinner after their shift. I talked to one of the guys there, I failed to remember his name. Very nice guy and since I intend on coming back next weekend, I will remember to get it this time.

watg?
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Dan is a good guy. Glad to hear he is doing well. Miss him on the competition trail.