PDA

View Full Version : QN4U BBQ Class in SLC

frankenswine
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
There is going to be a class taught locally by Brent and Kim Walton of the Competition BBQ team QN4U.

There will be a maximum limit of 25 teams total.

Cost for a 2 person team $300 or $250 if Utah Association Members (Dues Paid Members).

Here is the flyer (http://www.utahbbq.org/download/qn4uclassflyer.pdf) with more information and the application form (http://www.utahbbq.org/download/qn4uclassapplication.pdf).

The class will fill on a first paid first come basis, so get your applications in as when it's full, it's full!

Class Date: April 30 – May 1, 2010

Location: Carrier Transicold of Utah, 700 South 5209 West, Salt Lake City, UT

Start Time: Class begins at 4:00pm.

Description:

There is a mixture of lectures and demonstrations on everything from meat selection, rubs and sauces, to turn-in box preparation.
There will also be one-on-one instruction at each cook site while cooking overnight.
This will be run in the fashion of a KCBS BBQ competition with turn-in times and judging of each entry.
Awards will be handed out. As a special bonus, Brent and Kim will be providing dinner for each participant.
Electricity may be provided (at additional cost) so come prepared with your own.
Applications and payment due: March 15, 2010

Alexa RnQ
02-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I can heartily endorse Brent and Kim's class! VQ and I took this class for the fourth time just a few weeks ago. That's right, fourth. The first time we took it, we were too green to know how much flew right over our heads. The second time, we made giant strides as a result of attending again, as we caught much of what we'd missed on the first go-round. Even at the third time, we still picked up critical pieces of information.

It's not just a comprehensive primer for a new(er) team, it's even more valuable after you've gotten your feet wet.

ThomEmery
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Brent and Kim do a fine job with this class

Crash
02-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Great class. We've only taken it twice, but the info is invaluable. I can guarantee that we will be attending Brent and Kim's next class here in AZ.