PDA

View Full Version : ***Would you have voted for this Throwdown entry???***

bigabyte
02-09-2010, 04:03 PM
This entry (from Gore) was posted too late to make it into the Throwdown. However, the creator of this entry (aka Gore) is curious to know if they would have received "0" votes total had it been able to make it into the Throwdown vote thread in time.

So please examine this entry below, and compare it to the entries in the voting thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78007

Then vote for whether or not your vote WOULD have gone for this entry INSTEAD of one of the other entries.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Should nobody select this one over the other entries, then this person (Gore) will receive an honorary Zero vote result which they can brag about at their leisure.

So would you vote for it over the others????? Would you really??????

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/gvideen/IMG_7-1.jpg

Alan in Ga
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Too much cilantro other than that looks great (not a fan of cilantro)

Phubar
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
*ahum*....yup!:biggrin:

deguerre
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd still have voted for the off the wagon 7-Up wings, but it definitely would have made my decision harder I think. I'd hit that dish (I)Gore!

bigabyte
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
*ahum*....yup!:biggrin:
Well, I guess better luck next time Gore!:biggrin:

bottomsupbbq
02-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Very nice! It would have been a toss up for me either JD's or Gore's nacho's they both look really farken good! But since your late the choice was easy!!! MMMMMM Nacho's

Gore
02-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, I guess better luck next time Gore!:biggrin:

NNNNNOOooooo!!!! :cry:

BBQ Grail
02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe the Throwdown BoD could allow it in even though it's late and then we can vote on it and after the vote the BoD could change their mind and revote.

Just a thought...

pahutchens
02-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Looks real tasty, nice side lighting

landarc
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Heck ya, I would've voted for that in a heart beat! Can I change my vote, I want to vote for it even if it isn't in the Throwdown.

bbqbull
02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Maybe the Throwdown BoD could allow it in even though it's late and then we can vote on it and after the vote the BoD could change their mind and revote.

Just a thought... :eek::shock::icon_shy

chopshop
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Too much cilantro other than that looks great (not a fan of cilantro)

there is never too much cilantro on anything. if they made cilantro flavored rice crispies id buy em. I cant get enough of that wonderful little weed

Three porks
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
there is never too much cilantro on anything. if they made cilantro flavored rice crispies id buy em. I cant get enough of that wonderful little weed
I second this!!

Midnight Smoke
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I think the Meat looks a little on the dry side. :wink:

landarc
02-09-2010, 06:11 PM

Just a thought...

:eek::shock::icon_shy
I missed this the first time around, but, caught it in Bull's post. Bad BBQ Grail Bad Bad BBQ Grail...

Gore
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I second this!!

I'm with you on that one, but not everyone agrees! Please post pics and recipe for the rice crispies!

I think the Meat looks a little on the dry side. :wink:

The original beef was really nice when I took it off. When I shredded it and topped it on the nachos, the final bake in the Oval did dry it. This was my intention. I'm from Arizona and was going for something bordering, but not quite, carne seca. If I'd started with carne seca it would've been way too dry, but as is, it was really good. I'm going to repeat and make some enchiladas. Master makes very nice enchilada sauce, and it is impossible to get enchiladas in restaurants here that resemble enchiladas. I've had them made with maple syrup and also with American cheese slices melted on top.

Looks real tasty, nice side lighting

Thanks, that would be the sun reflecting off 30+ inches of farkin' winter wonderland that took out our electricity for 4 days!

I missed this the first time around, but, caught it in Bull's post. Bad BBQ Grail Bad Bad BBQ Grail...

BBQ Grail was just joking. He forgot to add the laughing smiley.

Now all you who said you'd vote for this, could you please PM Chris and tell him you were just joking. Thanks!

Rich Parker
02-09-2010, 07:13 PM
No nacho can ever beat the chicken wing.

Westexbbq
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Very close but ultimately,
no panetella.

JD McGee
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Yep...I'd hit those...they look as good or better than mine! :cool:

devious
02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
very good looking plate. it wouldve been a toss up

bigabyte
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Dang! At this rate one out of 3 voters would have picked Gore! This one coulda been a contenda!

Phubar
02-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Sorry Gore!:biggrin:
Stuph just got Phubar written al over it!

smknhotmama
02-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE cilantro and as the only person I cook for that likes it is ME...I appreciate this dish. I can't say which way I would have voted because I tend to look at the entries in 2 parts, is the dish appealing to my tummy and then is it appealing to my eye (the photo). if one hits both right off it's an easy vote for me. So I would have had to have made a choice between you, Rivercity and Brewmaster.

prudog
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
It got my vote, but a few black olives and purple onion ring or two... Lord have mercy. Anybody got a freaking fork????? Original choices were too tough to vote, but alone, with one choice, mid-morning... like the only girl at a bar after midnight (when I was younger/singler)!