PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Grail is coming to Chi-Town

BBQ Grail
02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm going to be in town and available for a little get together on March 15th, 2010.

Anyone interested?

Ron_L
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Run! Hide your wimmen and children!

Oh wait... It's only Larry. Return to your homes. Nothing to see here.

:-D :-D :-D

So far I have that evening open. I will try to keep it that way.

Bbq Bubba
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
(:'+-),./,-).

Bill-Chicago
02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Looking forward to it?

So far, there are no events I can see scheduled at Allstate Arena, so area restaurants should be fine.

Shoeless Joes again?

Larry, any preferences?

Neil
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
May I reccomend Club Lago on the corner of Orleans and Superior. Excellent northern Italian food at very reasonable prices.

BBQ Grail
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to it?

So far, there are no events I can see scheduled at Allstate Arena, so area restaurants should be fine.

Shoeless Joes again?

Larry, any preferences?

It's on for the 15th then.

I would really like a chance to sample some of that world famous Chicago Style Pizza. Is that a possibility?

Bigdog
02-20-2010, 07:59 PM

I would really like a chance to sample some of that world famous Chicago Style Pizza. Is that a possibility?

I've had the pizza in Chicago several times and while it is good, it's not as good as I hopped for. Myself, I would love to try one of those Italian Beef sammies that Dr. BBQ reccomends. They look to die for. IMHO MMV

Ron_L
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Where will you be staying? Airport Hilton again? There is a Lou Malnati's and a Gino's East close to the airport. Between those two I prefer Lou's but i am sure that the other guys have different opinions (that's just the way pizza is around here). There is also a small neighborhood place that is very good near Dive, but it is 15-20 minutes from the airport (Burt's Place in Morton Grove). Burt's is excellent pizza but harder to get to.

Any place with decent Italian Beef is going to be a small place with either no seating or little seating except Portillo's (a couple of miles from the airport) or Buona Beef (also a couple of miles away). Both of those have more seating. There is also an Al's south of the airport but I have never been to that location so I have no idea what it looks like. Their web site says that it has dine-in but I'll bet that it is just a few tables.

BBQ Grail
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Where will you be staying? Airport Hilton again? There is a Lou Malnati's and a Gino's East close to the airport. Between those two I prefer Lou's but i am sure that the other guys have different opinions (that's just the way pizza is around here). There is also a small neighborhood place that is very good near Dive, but it is 15-20 minutes from the airport (Burt's Place in Morton Grove). Burt's is excellent pizza but harder to get to.

Any place with decent Italian Beef is going to be a small place with either no seating or little seating except Portillo's (a couple of miles from the airport) or Buona Beef (also a couple of miles away). Both of those have more seating. There is also an Al's south of the airport but I have never been to that location so I have no idea what it looks like. Their web site says that it has dine-in but I'll bet that it is just a few tables.

Italian Beef or Pizza is okay. You guys just figure out where. It's more about getting to spend some time with each other anyway.

I am staying at the Hilton.

Bill-Chicago
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I am not the deep dish afficianado, so I'll defer to the other locals.

I believe there is also a Girodano's off River Road somewhere around there (9500 Higgins).

I think I saw it driving around with TroutMan a few years back.

big brother smoke
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
At our age, I highly advise you eating the deep stuff after 6p. I had some deep dish one time after 9p with my lil sister and niece about 11 years ago and my dad warned me.

Pops: "Alright your arse is getting old, it ain't going to move through you as it used too."

Me: 'Pops I handle deep dish, I am regular'

Me: (Next day): 'Pops you got some dieters tea?'

Pops: "I told your arse, he-he" :twisted:

I miss that man!:cry:

Ron_L
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
OK guys... Who's in? Unless someone feels strongly otherwise I propose Lou Malnati's in Elk Grove (On Higgins). Larry is staying at the Airport Hilton and I'll probably pick him up there.

Lou Malnati's
1050 East Higgins Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

7:00PM?

Bigdog
03-07-2010, 11:19 PM
OK guys... Who's in? Unless someone feels strongly otherwise I propose Lou Malnati's in Elk Grove (On Higgins). Larry is staying at the Airport Hilton and I'll probably pick him up there.

Lou Malnati's
1050 East Higgins Road

Will you ride a pig this time too? :-P:-P:-P

Have a great time fellers. Which I could be there.

Vince B
03-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Lou Malnati's
1050 East Higgins Road

Thanks for the invite! If time allows I will try to make it out!

keend
03-08-2010, 08:02 AM
I can't make it this time, I have gymnastics on Mondays. Or should I say my 10 yr old has gymnastics on Mondays.

Have fun!

Stoke&Smoke
03-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Barring something unforseen, I think we're in. Look forward to meeting you Grail!

Bill-Chicago
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
So far, I am In Like Flynn!

Bigdog
03-08-2010, 11:54 AM

I just wonder how many under 50's will get this. Flint is my hero. :icon_cool I want a cell phone ring tone just like his but haven't found it yet. :sad:

Bill-Chicago
03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I just wonder how many under 50's will get this. Flint is my hero. :icon_cool I want a cell phone ring tone just like his but haven't found it yet. :sad:

I refrained from that direct reference for I figured no one would get it. Figures you would.

I have one of those cool watches that wakes me with the little dealie that comes out.

And the belt buckle sonic laser is a must have for breaking windows and chit.

I also have a 3pm appointment Saturday at Fabulous Face.

Just sayin,

billm
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
im going to try

billm
03-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I refrained from that direct reference for I figured no one would get it. Figures you would.

I have one of those cool watches that wakes me with the little dealie that comes out.

And the belt buckle sonic laser is a must have for breaking windows and chit.

I also have a 3pm appointment Saturday at Fabulous Face.

Just sayin,
one of the Flint movies was on tv the other day ..dont remember which one it was ..not that they differed all that much anyway:razz:

Ron_L
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM

My first thought when i read this was "It's FLINT!"

Then i read this. :rolleyes:

I want a cell phone ring tone just like his but haven't found it yet. :sad:

What type of phone? Here it is attached as an MP3 file. Lots of phones can use MP3. ( I had to change the extension so the forum software would let me upload it. When you save it just change the extension to .mp3

Bigdog
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks, I have a Crackberry. :wink: Will it work and how do I load it?

Ron_L
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks, I have a Crackberry. :wink: Will it work and how do I load it?

I don't have one anymore so i can't tell you specifically, but here is a pretty good reference...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-download-and-install-ringtones-your-blackberry

Bigdog
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks.:icon_cool

Ron_L
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
OK... Here is who I see coming so far...

Me
Larry
Willkat98
Billm
VinceB (2 or 3)
Stokeandsmoke (2)
Divemaster

Anyone else?

Lou Malnati's
1050 East Higgins Road

7:00PM

Vince B
03-12-2010, 09:19 AM
^confirmed^ for 2 maybe 3.:wink:

Ron_L
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks, Vince! I also received a PM from Divemaster and he is coming. I'll call on Sunday to make sure that we have a table.

GaryGlen
03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the invite, Larry. I'm there! It'll be cool to meet some fellow meat heads from the area

Ron_L
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the invite, Larry. I'm there! It'll be cool to meet some fellow meat heads from the area

It will be great to meet you, too!

landarc
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I feel so sorry for those people that will be within earshot of this group.

billm
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
its looking like im going to be stuck late at work so may not make it tonight..put me down as a maybe now Ron..thanks!
man nothing worse than Mondays in the IT support field..except for maybe Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays

BBQ Grail
03-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I feel so sorry for those people that will be within earshot of this group.

You even more sorry that you aren't here....aren't you?

landarc
03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, I got a feeling it is gonna be one heck of an evening. And now I want deep dish pizza you cause you farkers chose that place.

Bill-Chicago
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
And now I want deep dish pizza you cause you farkers chose that place.

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_Pizza

Bill-Chicago
03-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Just walked in.

Had a great time, always good to see Fox again.

Hope Dann & Di are okay!

GaryGlen
03-16-2010, 05:19 AM
What a hell of a bunch of great people! You guys are awesome!! I felt as if I belonged! Thanks! Can't wait for the next hook-up! Thanks, Larry! Thanks, Ron!

And it was a pleasure meeting the rest of the gang!

billm
03-16-2010, 06:27 AM
great meeting some new people as well as seeing the ones I know again

Vince B
03-16-2010, 07:58 AM
I had a great time as I did last time. Always nice to meet new faces as well as ones I met last time at D&B. It was great to meet Larry aka Gail and the new guy Gary! You will always feel right at home with the Chi-Town Brethren. Larry I hope your stay here is a good one and come back soon. Vince

Hey where's the pictures?:tape:

Stoke&Smoke
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry we missed it. Thanks for the concern. No big deal, just a work issue that came up. Hope to make it next time

BBQ Grail
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
What a hell of a bunch of great people! You guys are awesome!! I felt as if I belonged! Thanks! Can't wait for the next hook-up! Thanks, Larry! Thanks, Ron!

It was great meeting you too Gary. However, we try not to use the term "hook-up" at any event that Divemaster attended.

landarc
03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Yes, it makes BBQGail nervous.

Ron_L
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM

It was nice to meet you, too, Gary!

Sorry we missed it. Thanks for the concern. No big deal, just a work issue that came up. Hope to make it next time

Sorry that you couldn't make it, Dann... Malnati's is holding the bill for you. Stop buy whenever you get a chance.

:becky:

Ron_L
03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
It was great meeting you too Gary. However, we try not to use the term "hook-up" at any event that Divemaster attended.

BTW, I think Parsley Lady gave Dive a reacharound at the end of the evening. :shock: I'm not sure what's up with that.

grossepellets
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
My rooftop is open - with - a gasser available if you want to see the city from a different perspective - nice neighborhood Rush and Chestnut st. Nice weather only -
otherwise my vote is portillos
IF NOT I'd like to join you folks if I may - let me know -

BBQ Grail
04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
My rooftop is open - with - a gasser available if you want to see the city from a different perspective - nice neighborhood Rush and Chestnut st. Nice weather only -
otherwise my vote is portillos
IF NOT I'd like to join you folks if I may - let me know -\

I'm going to be at the Hyatt in Itasca from tonight through Thursday night.

Second trip to Chicago in less than month. Let's see what we can arrange. I'm available any evening so far except Tuesday.

landarc
04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I see how it is, you are abandoning us here on the West Coast and moving closer to GaryGlen. Or is that deep dish pizza really that good?

grossepellets
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I see the original post is 7pm on 15th at lou mantini's - count me in - I'll be stuick in traffic leaving the city at 6pm to get there will be running late with all cosntruction start w/out me.
Thanks

Jorge
04-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I see the original post is 7pm on 15th at lou mantini's - count me in - I'll be stuick in traffic leaving the city at 6pm to get there will be running late with all cosntruction start w/out me.
Thanks

Wasn't that the 15th....of last month?

grossepellets
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
nope its tomorrow is taht a meat injector in your photo Jorge?

BBQ Grail
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Wasn't that the 15th....of last month?

Originally was for March. I am now back...

It doesn't look like anything's going to work...that's okay...

grossepellets
04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I can't follow this thread I'm going to go on the pitch that these ntes are from 3/16 not 4/15 see u next trip ejoy the "Mojopuck" its a real deal it is getting great reviews so enjoy

Ron_L
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I can't follow this thread I'm going to go on the pitch that these ntes are from 3/16 not 4/15 see u next trip ejoy the "Mojopuck" its a real deal it is getting great reviews so enjoy

This seems pretty clear to me :)

I'm going to be in town and available for a little get together on March 15th, 2010.

Anyone interested?

Bill-Chicago
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
\

I'm available any evening so far except Tuesday.

Sorry Larry,

I just found this, but Tuesday would have been the only night possible anyway. I had forgotten about the PM, but have only popped in here and there to catch up on reading a bit.

And the Elton John concert Thursday was farking awesome!

Keep me in mind the next time your in town. Maybe shoot me an email, cuz I can convert that to an Alert so as to not forget :(