PDA

View Full Version : No Q, an alot of SH*t luck.

BBQchef33
03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Not a Q related road trip.. but one i'd share with you ladies anyway. jswt so u can get a laugh at my expense....

I just took what was supposed to be a quick 2 day trip to D.C. it's quick 40 minute flight, and im close to the airport, so its almost a commute for me.. unless the trip goes like this..

Arrive at the airport an hour in advance, usually 20 minutes is enuf since its a small airport.

go thru security, set off alarm in the chemical detector because my laptop registers traces of nitroglycerine... yes NITRO.. like BOOM. Dont ask.. i have no idea.

Security removes every sincgle itema from my laptop case and overnight bag, scanning each item individually.

checks my hands for signs of nitro, plus all the contents of my pockets and anytthing else they could think of.

Get on flight about 30 seconds before takeoff.

Arrive baltimore airport, the 50 miute drive from Baltimore to DC takes 3 hours because of construction traffic.

Arrive 2 hours late for dinner engagmnet.

Dinner goes well, evening goes well..

get tobed at 1AM, but have to get up at 4 AM to drive friend to airport then go back to bed for an hour. Get up late, rush to work, get speeding ticket, 58 in a 40 on the entrance ramp to route 66. A friggin entrance ramp!! i was speeding up to merge!!! Friggin cop was a dick, I told him I didnt see a speed posting and it wouldnt of mattered anyway cause I was getting on a highway and not on the road that the sign was on, i was on a ramp. He tells me I am being confrontational and threatens to handcuff me. Then got real pissed off when I hit the ONSTAR button and stated I am going to record OUR conversation and hope he doesn't mind if the ONSTAR representative listens. That REALLY TICKED HIM OFF. He was friggin seathing. !!!

Go to work, attempt to function on 3 hours of very interupted sleep.

make thru work, start heading to airport at 3PM for a 40 minute ride to cath a 5:10 flight. I should be there by 4.
Traffic takes 3 hours to get to airport, just make it to gate to catch 6:35 flight, and it may be cancelled due to fog at my local airport, and if its not, its booked completely... I miss standby by 1 person. The girl in front of me gets it and they announce no more standby. the standby people were all let on.... Winds up the plane is overweight due to all the luggage from the previous flight. They arent allowing all the seats to be filled due to weight restrictions. I book for the 9:10 flight.

8:30, an announcment is made, that islip macarthur airport is closed, both the 5:10 and the 6:35 flights we redirected to hartford CT airport. the 9:10 is not cancelled officially, but if it goes, we may not be allowed to land and will be re-routed. Being i live 7 miles from the islip airport, I also know noise ordinances dont allow flights in or out between 11PM and 7AM. So the last flight cannot be later than 10. I wait till around 10 and say fark it and rent an Explorer and figure I'll drive the 225 miles. At 10 at night i should make it in 4 hours.

I hit the road, Chat with parrothead for half hour then keep drivin.... only to start passing out at the wheel around midnight, pull over at a rest stop, put down the back seat and lay in the back of the explorer with my leather jacket as a pillow, sleep till 3AM, wake up at 3AM to lightening, thunder and a torrential downpour. Back on the road.... because of the rain, visiablilty is about 20 feet. Make my way to NY and as soon as I get to Long island, i'm wrapped in a fog that ya cant see more than 5 feet. Slow going.

Pull into the driveway at 6AM. Sleep til noon, walk around in a comma all day yesterday.

hows that for a trip from hell!!!!

Saiko
03-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Ouchy Mamma. I fly just about every week, and have a few stories of my own, but nothing as bad as yours, LOL.
Aint traveling fun? :D

BigAl
03-07-2004, 11:41 PM
You just described my life for 10 years while working for GE..... Among many other things, missed my oldest left handed Son's first game as starting pitcher! Damn, thunder storm, and he never forgot it!

parrothead
03-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Truly a farked up trip.

cabo
03-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Damn, Phil you need to smoke something besides that cop!!!!! :!:

tommykendall
03-08-2004, 05:17 PM
coulda called me. Don't know what I coulda done, but you coulda called me anyway.

brdbbq
03-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Coulda called me always good for a pat on the back or a kick in the ass.