PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have sponsors

Capt ron
01-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Hey everyone,
Question: Does anyone have a list of what the norm to offer a sponsor when they sponsor your team? Example: Option 1) Sponsor gives between $100-$450 to sponsor the team they get name on teams site, food after comp, etc... Option 2) Sponsor gives between $100-$450 to sponsor they get yada, yada, yada... and so on.
Trying to make things more inviting and worth while for a sponsor to sponsor my team...
Thanks and everyone have a great day,
Capt

Porkmeister
01-28-2010, 07:12 AM
I have it easy. My Sponsor gives me money and supplies to compete because of 2 reasons.

1. I cook in their Cafe
2. They like my food.

Now I also throw a bbq for all the employees and use my equipment at the cafe to cook bbq. I am very lucky because they really ask nothing of me besides putting trophies in the Cafe when I get one.

Mike

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
01-28-2010, 07:16 AM
this year Im having custom hats made for them with my stuff on the front and theirs on the back. I also supply the grub for their Christmas parties.

BBQ_Mayor
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
$150 to $275 - The get their name on the BBQ site, Name on a banner that is displayed at all contests.
$300 and up-
All the above plus food from comps. and/or cook meat (they purchase) for free or at a discounted rate.

JD McGee
01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
swamprb is the sponsor getter guy for Left Hand Smoke...I'll let him chime in. So far none of our sponsors give us cash...just product. Also...we do not accept a product unless we intend to use it...it's only fair. :-P If they have a banner we will display it proudly next to ours at comps. :cool:

Diver
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
We got a 4 comp deal from the company where I work last year, 400.00 per event. We used their logo'd easy up, carried sales brochures, flew a banner and even used a 20 ft inflatable at one comp for them. We are hoping to pump it up this year with more events. Interested to see some other ideas.

Ryan Chester
01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I sponsor a team by giving them free rub. They fly The Rub Co. banner and give us props. Good for both of us.

Torch
01-28-2010, 08:13 PM
For 1000. I let them bring 20 people to the royal. 500 gets 10 etc. I try to get a couple. Then I cook em a feast for party night. It's extra work, but my entire Royal competition event soup to nuts is free.
I'm local so granted it's easy. Out of town competition sponsorship is a different animal

kurtsara
01-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Our sponsor pays our entry fee and for our meat if we buy the meat, we do more rib fests where they supply the meat, and the sponsors name is nowhere to be seen, our sponsor is a hair salon that we own

Balls Casten
01-29-2010, 08:02 AM
We're like Kurtsara, our family owns the company that sponsors us. When we have employees or customers by to eat on fridays. We will include our comp costs back to the company. We liken it to renting a skybox durring a sports event. It really is cheap entertainment of customers.

If you are looking for a sponsor. I'd say the friday food/party is the way to land one. I'd solicit local Insurance agencys and realtors.