PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Reception thinking this price?

Qcrue2U
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Brethren,

I was asked to Cater a wedding in Sept for roughly 100 people.
They only want Hamburgers, Hotdogs, and hot wings for appetizer. I am hopeing they want green salad as well. I was thinking of $15.00 per person. or $12.00 per person without wings.

1 burger
1 dog
3 wings
salad
PER PERSON allotment

this would include buns, condaments, and paperware...

Am I crazy to do at 12.. ? Or should I stick with 15.00 per person?

I would like the job, but at same time, dont want to loose my arse!

big brother smoke
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
I would charge 14 per for dogs and burgers with two sides included. Also, I would price the wings out at $2.00 per.

BigJimsBBQ
01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
I would do $16 for your list and chips. Then I would take a $100 Bill and put it in an envalope with a Business card and drop on Gift Table and not say a word.

Smokin'Ron
01-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I would do $16 for your list and chips. Then I would take a $100 Bill and put it in an envalope with a Business card and drop on Gift Table and not say a word.

I'm diggin' that idea...

Sorry, don't have any info to add, but good luck on the job...

PorkQPine
02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I would suggest that if you want to make this a business that you do more than a few times that you be strict with yourself about knowing the food costs and then factor in all the other costs associated with doing the job before you quote a job. Once you know your costs you can add in what your profit target is and also factor in where you want to be against the competition. You will want to come up with a minimum number of people you cater for or a minimum net profit to do the job. Make sure you have signs, cards and menus available so that no one who attends the event goes home without one. They are your best source of business in the future so don't forget to make sure they can reach you when they have a need for services like you are providing.

Start an excel spreadsheet with all your costs so you can factor in the particular items for an event. Example: Mileage cost per mile to the event, Insurance cost per event (insurance cost divided by the number of events planned per year or estimated number) Meat cost per serving (this will be updated each time you buy product but for quote purposes this will give you a guideline, side costs per product per serving, help costs per hour when appropriate, kitchen cost per hour, wood, charcoal etc. per hour, rub and sauce etc.

Once you go through this exercise you will be able to come up with round figures to use if you don't want to go through this exercise for every job.

Picking numbers out of the air will get you in trouble and using numbers others provide will do the same.